MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
All Things Roman (History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Mick Harper wrote:
Wiley, what's a copy of a coin? Aren't all coins, as it were, copies? These appear to be genuine (in the sense of being old) so do they mean they are rough rustic attempts at the real thing?

Cant make the link in the post work, but I guess they mean imitations.

http://augustuscoins.com/ed/imit/imitRICIX.html
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

For those not going down to Silbury Fields, the next best thing "in theme" that I can offer is appearing near you, for one night only.

Full 'Strawberry' Moon coincides with a penumbral lunar eclipse TONIGHT - but rain clouds in parts of the UK may ruin the celestial spectacle.

A penumbral eclipse is the most subtle form, it occurs when the earth, sun and moon are all aligned - with the Earth casting a slight shadow over the Moon.

The eclipse will start at about 18:45 BST but won't be visible from the UK until the Moon rises above the horizon at 20:12 BST - it will end at about 21:00 BST.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8391557/Full-Strawberry-Moon-coincides-penumbral-lunar-eclipse-tonight.html

Lunar In The Sky Without Diamonds.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

We have the te-le-vi-sion here in the city. But I suppose it must be nice all of you out there saying, "Nice yellow." "Is that a pink tinge?" "Aye, pet, a penumbral eclipse is the most subtle form." "It were subtler last year." "Aye, 'twas a good year last year."
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Jump to:  
Page 16 of 16

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in