MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Flu (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

For those of you who believe in the virus (I assume all of you), the paradox remains.

So. Resolve it.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

So what we have in the end is a situation where tens of thousands of people died in Wuhan City but the virus on which those death have been blamed has now been shown to be utterly impotent. So. How does one resolve that paradox?

I agree, if it was tens of thousands, this would be a paradox. What are the official figures (before we hare off).

Mick Harper wrote:
Actually this was a Republican-sponsored study of Trump before he became their candidate. It was later taken over by the Democrats.

Actually. It wasn't. That story too was part of the cover-up to get Hillary's finger-prints off the dossier. Do try to keep up.

I can hardly be blamed for believing a Britisher with an excellent (though I assume now a bogus) track record.

I should add that I still do not believe there is an actual virus that differs qualitatively from any bad flu. The flu, you may notice, has disappeared world-wide.

I had not though, again to be fair to me, I am mainly reliant on Al-Jazeera, the BBC and CNN.

For those of you who believe in the virus (I assume all of you), the paradox remains. So. Resolve it.

If you come up with the Wuham figures, I for one will bend my back.
Ishmael

According to the top article on Google, the official death toll for Wuhan City is 2,563 people. According to that same article, "Evidence coming out of the city suggests it was actually more than 40,000."

I believe the 40,000 figure must be correct.

Why?

As I pointed out at the start of this discussion of mine, my friend had two of her childhood friends die during the outbreak. Buth girls were under 30 years old. The odds of two young women from one tiny village in China dying in a city of millions in which only 2,563 people died is statistically zero.

Mind you, 40,000 doesn't make the odds much better, but if I've got to take one number over the other, I'll have to go with the larger value. It's the deaths of those two girls that convinced me the rumours of tens of thousands of deaths were true (and--for 24 hours--made me worry that this virus might actually be real).

So I ask you to assume that the larger value is accurate for the purposes of discussion and resolve the paradox.
Ishmael

Mick Harper wrote:
I can hardly be blamed for believing a Britisher with an excellent (though I assume now a bogus) track record.

No. Indeed you can't be blamed for believing such sources. And that's been my point all along.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

OK, if you insist

Christopher David Steele is a British former intelligence officer with the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) from 1987 until his retirement in 2009. He ran the Russia desk at MI6 headquarters in London between 2006 and 2009. In 2009, he co-founded Orbis Business Intelligence, a London-based private intelligence firm.

So who is in on the Trump Plot and for how long has it been brewing? Please remember nobody is endorsing the Trump Water Sports story, I am only contesting your and Grant's view that it was a Democrat invention. I'm afraid your Wuhan stats, though interesting in themselves, are not sufficient to move me to action.
Ishmael

Then I will refrain from presenting my hypothesis.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Have we "always had" COVID-19? It's not novel is it?
Ishmael

That is my position. The tests are only picking up the same sort of viral RNA that has always been present. There's nothing new here.
Wile E. Coyote

It's only really become a noticeable problem as people live longer, I suspect it's in part a side effect of the smoking bans, and campaigns to support people giving up smoking, so we have now developed a generation of folks who will live past 80, as they stopped smoking, but they are existing with respiratory problems created from the time they were smokers.

No proof though. Just a hunch.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Except people are not living longer. Life expectancy has, for the first time in statistical history, not gone up and is, in some parts of the country, actually falling. I am not sure it is relevant but this is a) the last generation that has had mercury fillings all their lives and b) the first generation that has had a care home as a normal port of call.
Wile E. Coyote

Mick Harper wrote:
Except people are not living longer. Life expectancy has, for the first time in statistical history, not gone up and is, in some parts of the country, actually falling.

Eh? Its on a steady march upward.......
Mick Harper
Site Admin

No, truly. It was reported (last year? year before? this is strictly from memory) that it had not gone up in England and a few months had been shaved off in Scotland. Not a big fuss was made of it. Careful ignoral, I suppose, in the circumstances.
Wile E. Coyote

Here are some charts on Life Expectancy worldwide, it is in an incredible march forward.

https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy
Wile E. Coyote

Maybe it's because of improvements in air quality as well that has left people living older with respiratory conditions.
Wile E. Coyote

Maybe its because of improvements to treatment of cancer, the grim reaper is being left with fewer options?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Jump to:  
Page 44 of 73

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in