MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mercury -- The Neglected Vitamin (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Ambrose

Seriously, worth switching.

In theory, yes. But you might be better off having them replaced gradually - without special equipment you can get a huge dose of poisoning when they remove the amalgam (bits going down your throat, etc.). Apparently, such doses can seriously affect mental capacity.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Good point, Bri. My dentist at first said he was only prepared to replace the fillings as they 'naturally' presented themselves for replacement. But he took a fairly charitable view about when this was the case -- I got the impression that he was paid to carry out any such replacement as per his 'clinical judgement' without too many questions being asked by his NHS paymasters. One he resolutely refused to remove -- I have no idea whether it is still there.

Even so, I would have thought one mega-burst of mercury is better than years of drip-drip minibursts, brain chemistry being what it is. He says, optimistically.

PS So why don't dentists take precautions every time they're drilling out old amalgam, which is after all a routine procedure?
Brian Ambrose

PS So why don't dentists take precautions every time they're drilling out old amalgam, which is after all a routine procedure?

Yes, it's quite shocking when you think about it.
Wireloop

In: Detroit

Hatty wrote:
Mercury in small doses is good for you

I wonder if the Ancients linked mercury-which-is-good-for-you with fish. Mercury/Hermes is the god of wisdom and consciousness as part of his various attributes. Why was fish supposed to be eaten on Freya's day? Or Friars' Day?

I suspect for 2 reasons.
1) Jesus, as sacrificial lamb of God, is presented as being crucified on Passover. Like the passover Lamb, his sacrifice has been considered universal and completley sufficient for the remission of sins, therefore it is no longer necessary to sacrifice anything else on Passover. Around the 3rd century it was calculated that his crucifixion happened on a Friday, therefore all Friday's during lent it is forbidden to eat (sacrifice) meat. If a person ate meat on Friday then that signified that they did not accept the universal sacrifice of Jesus Christ. i.e. they were branded a pagan/heretic.
So, what to do?

2) Eat fish. Eventhough fish is meat, the church realized that not eating meat every Friday became burdensome and wasteful. So they declared that Fish is not meat. The church can do that ya know. But why fish and...ummm...not birds? Well, if you are going to eat a meatlike substance on Friday, then it better have some significance as it relates to salvation. You see, the passover lamb does not really represent Jesus per se, it represents 'the firstborn nature' i.e. the appetite. Frequently in the New Testament the Christian is depicted as a fish, drawn out of the water by God via the net of salvation. When you eat the fish (on Passover/Friday) you are celebrating the Eucharist, the death of self.

Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Greetings, Wireloop.

Missed your wisdom.

But why fish and...ummm...not birds?

Swans were eaten on Fridays. By monks at least, it would seem.

You see, the passover lamb does not really represent Jesus per se, it represents 'the firstborn nature' i.e. the appetite.

The lamb is a symbol of sacrifice, not a particularly Christian one. Hermes was depicted as a shepherd carrying a lamb.

Frequently in the New Testament the Christian is depicted as a fish, drawn out of the water by God via the net of salvation. When you eat the fish (on Passover/Friday) you are celebrating the Eucharist, the death of self.

Sounds like a Christian gloss on an ancient theme of life-giving water. Fishes are associated with (moon) goddesses e.g. Aphrodite, literally born of foam, and Artemis the patron goddess of hunting including fishing.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Let's not forget it was the Megalithics -- the inventors and operators of fish weirs -- who gave the world the idea of fish-on-Fridays. Available from your friendly neighbourhood weir-operator.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mick Harper wrote:

Because mercury poisoning is not contagious.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Doesn't this miss the point? Every time he drills one out he is presumably imbibing mercury vapour. This reminds me of the elderly dentist who, having just installed his X-ray machine, dutifully turned his back when pressing the button. While holding the X-ray plastic plate thingy in place in my mouth. When I told him he was fairly certain to develop cancer of the finger he pretended to be interested.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Is losing teeth related to losing your memory?

Is losing teeth related to dental fillings?
Boreades

The last time I visited a dentist for proper dental work (not that Hygienist teeth-scraping stuff), I had the temerity to ask why they didn't use ceramics and/or resin composites instead of mercury fillings. I was rewarded with a coldly blank look. "I'm not aware of any evidence it is necessary" I was told. Which I took to be the Dental Profession's finest attempt at impersonating Admiral Nelson, with his blind eye to the telescope.
Boreades

Ishmael wrote:
For I believe the ancient Babylonians claimed they learned their wisdom from creatures who came out of the sea.

It should come as no surprise to AEL that the orthodox experts on historic Sumeria largely ignore the pre-history of Sumeria. To do would give credibility to the oral history of Sumeria.

Original Sumerian sources go way back before the First Dynasty of Kish, after the Flood. But our experts only count credible history as starting with this First Dynasty of Kish, after the Flood. The period before the Flood is relegated to mythology, like the Seven Sages led by Oannes.

I would suggest that creatures who came out of the sea were migrants from the low-lying civilisations that were in what is now the flooded parts of the Persian Gulf and the Indus Valley.

This would be consistent with the "Indian Atlantis" school of thought, and the Flandrian Transgression, a period of "short-term flooding" (geologically speaking), c.4,000BC to 3.500BC.

Geologists can stay unbothered in peace and comfort, because they don't get invited to conferences on historical ancient Sumeria to explain the necessary consequences of a period of "short-term flooding".
Boreades

Ishmael wrote:
Is losing teeth related to dental fillings?

Is being mentally ill related to living anywhere with a mental health service?

Reports like this encourage that thought:

How the US mental health system makes natives sick and suicidal

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2015/06/23/how-the-us-mental-health-system-makes-natives-sick-and-suicidal/
Boreades

While we're on the subject of "a little bit of mercury never did me any harm", we might consider the same for other "known toxins".

Like radiation.

It's been a decade or two since folks in Devon and Cornwall were all being frightened with stories of the toxic effects of Radioactive Radon Gas. Like some kind of bogeyman that was going to creep up on you while you slept in your beds.

If there was any truth to the scares, we would by now have solid evidence of higher relevant cancer rates in those areas.

http://www.ukradon.org/information/ukmaps/englandwales

To confound the experts, it appears not to have happened. Now the "expert opinion" is that low-level exposure stimulates and boosts our immune systems.

So it's good for us after all.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

There was an interesting film clip this week shot around Chernobyl which claimed that the burgeoning wildlife found there was due to the absence of human beings. May be so but it could be that the radiation had a part to play as well.
Boreades

More wildlife? Nice, and worthy of a Spring Watch documentary. But one might be a tad careful about propagating an idea that Chernobyl-like events are good for nature.

A friend from Greenpeace once told me that a lot of Green policy is predicated on the belief that an absence of human beings would be good for Gaia. Like Eugenics, but not so obviously fascist in association. There are no bonus points for calling it eco-fascist.

In that respect, being Green is the new Puritanical self-loathing, and anyone who enjoys life is clearly being Cavalier (sic) with the future of our planet. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we pay more stealth carbon taxes.

Although I can imagine Mick with a white cat as an excellent new Bond villain, intent on releasing AEL to the undeserving wider world, by any means necessary.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 5

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in