MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pandemics Do Not Exist (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

TB is going to be present in any population where drinking water is contaminated. It has virtually disappeared in the West precisely because modern plumbing is so effective. It remains an ongoing threat in developing countries. Part of the reason I was pondering this question is because I am acquainted with someone in the Philippines who has TB.

A "high rate" of TB among Indians is relative to a Western population and may represent the background rate. However; I suspect it too is inflated, precisely by the same thing that inflates the rate in the Philippines: Sewage disposal systems that are inadequate to the waste generated by the cities in these developing countries (in Manila, raw sewage is often dumped straight into the rivers---out of which I have seen locals fishing and witnessed children bathing).

Indoor toilets contribute to this problem. Without them, for example, high-rise condos would be impossible. Those same condos add to the population density, which is the source of the overwhelming sewage.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

It's awful. I can't hold it in much longer.
You think the idea is awful?

I can never tell whether you're joking, but since Canadians lack a sense of irony, I was referring to the fact that I daren't use the toilet.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Got it.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in