MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legend (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

So its not Joe Stalin, Moshe Dayan, Osama Bin Laden, Jesus, or Che Guevara. You will have by now eliminated others. Our Hero is not a composite, he is/was someone.

Who can believe that, in this day and age, such a humble simple boy would rise to be such a famous hero?

Only at the end does the reader get to ask if the story has grown in the retellings.

Wiley is not the originator. He has just within in his retelling left out personal names, place-names, and there is no christian chronology, all the normal stuff that Wiley used to lazily hang his assumptions on.

Still there is plenty left in within Hero. There remains people, events and so on.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Got it! Gordon Brown. I looked at your man, William Briggs, and was so impressed I resolved not to watch any more in case he started to influence me.
Wile E. Coyote

I have to say that although Gordon will be added to the brew, he somewhat dilutes the quality.

The list is now Joseph Stalin, Moshe Dayan, Osama Bin Laden, Jesus, Che Guevara, and Gordon Brown.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Yes, the only one that has not caused thousands of deaths. Kill the bastard!
Wile E. Coyote

Patience. Gordon could be playing the long game, after all he did pick Aung San Suu Kyi, for his list of heroes and heroines.

The future lasts a long time, so they say.

Oh I forgot to mention our hero was six foot six.

Now that narrows it down.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Archibald Wavell, general and viceroy of India, was one-eyed and a second row rugby international. Yes, all right, I'm still thinking.
Wile E. Coyote

I am afraid our Hero is not Archibald Wavell. .

Oh I forgot to mention our hero was six foot six.

We can also rule out Nelson as despite losing the sight in his right eye at the Battle of Calvi, he only measured five foot four.

Our heroes story might have grown in the retelling, but we have to discount it growing a full 14 inches.

No Nelson has to go.

That means we can rule out Nelson, Archibald Wavell, Joseph Stalin, Moshe Dayan, Osama Bin Laden, Jesus, Che Guevara, and of course Gordon Brown.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

What is the POINT of this guessing game?
Wile E. Coyote

Ishmael wrote:
What is the POINT of this guessing game?

There is little point in progressing by elimination.

My motivation, in writing Legend and Hero was to challenge conventional dating, naming and so on, to get a better idea of what is History and what is Legend. What is invented, what is repeated.....

I guess folks dont like the formats. Which is useful feedback. I mistakenly thought if Hero was at first unloved...... he might work as part of Trio, that was if I started with something else (Legend).. and linked it with the ongoing Boys Book of Imaginary Battles.

Clearly not the case.

Apologies. Wiley is plunging into the canyon again.

Will WC change his ways?
Ishmael

Can you please just make a point that can be evaluated using the tools of reason?
Wile E. Coyote

OK will stick to conventional approaches in future.

I hope you got something out of Legend.
Ishmael

It mostly makes absolutely zero sense. Why not just explain yourself? Who has the patience to read Lewis Carol for days on end?
Wile E. Coyote

Does everyone want the answer?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Ishmael has told us we are not allowed to say.
Wile E. Coyote

The answer was (Hats was almost right)

Mullah Mohammad Omar, who was born approximately 1959, died probably arounnd April 2013 nobody knows when or where........raised (so they say) by his uncle, his father died when he was young, he did not complete his studies. This famous one eyed commander, of the Taliban towered others at six foot six, (although almost never seen), his most public act was to travel to Kandahar to search out a famous relic. There he put on this cloak, reputedly worn by Mohammed, cementing his leadership. All that remains is one grainy photograph. There is one journalist who claims to have met him. His death it is argued was covered up for years.

Who can believe that, in this day and age, such a humble simple boy would rise to be such a famous hero?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 17

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in