MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This Really Makes me Sick! (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon

Ishmael wrote:
Some time ago, I hypothesized that the body regularly "cures" itself of cancer.

Curiously I had this same idea, also some time ago, thirty years or so, but not as a general concept, only about myself. At that time I had made a radical change of diet some years before, to the great improvement of my health, but quite contradictorily had continued consuming alcohol, tobacco, coffe and marihuana in quantity. So I reasoned that since I was still alive and not sick, my diet must have cured me at various times of the cancer or other pathological conditions that my drugginess would likely have created.

It's impossible to know if this is true, but of one thing I'm certain: the best course of action in almost all cases of illness - except where surgery can positively be determined to be of benefit to the patient as well as to the hospital and the surgeon - is to treat it yourself using simple means available in nature, clay and herbs above all, and not fall into the pharmaceutical trap.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Good news for all you crazy people on this site.

Genius and insanity link confirmed
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

For every genius there are countless merely 'insane'. Presumably the ratio mirrors that observed among so-called normal people. It seems a rather desperate attempt to find a link where none exists.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Hatty wrote:
Presumably the ratio mirrors that observed among so-called normal people.

No... This is statistically overwhelming.

For instance, one 2010 study that tested the intelligence of 700,000 Swedish 16-year-olds found that highly intelligent adolescents were more likely to develop bipolar disorder in a decade-long follow-up.

"They found that people who excelled when they were 16 years old were four times as likely to go on to develop bipolar disorder."
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

People in this category are disabled, one could say disempowered, by their symptoms so no geniuses there. The statistics quoted say 'highly intelligent' people are affected and ignore the rest. Rather inconclusive in my opinion.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mick Harper wrote:
But I do not know what an unvarying diet of seal, fish and reindeer (plus milk) gives you in terms of vitamins, longevity and so forth.

My children's GodMother comes from the far north of Norway. So far north people go shopping in Finland (Lapland). As a child, that food mix was a huge part of her diet. She is six foot tall, appallingly athletic and (err) fit, with never ever any dental problems.

It makes me sick.
Boreades

Lye is used as a reagent or stepping-stone in the production of other chemicals. Regardless of the end-use, the lye should be flushed out to purify the product.
Boreades

Cancer.

Oh dear, we're stumbling into another of those parts of medicine that might be called "Nothing to see here, move along" .

i.e. don't upset the children/patients by suggesting that a Very Large Medical Industry supports disease and itself more than it supports patients and wellness.

I have only recently upset some colleagues by suggesting they look at the psychosomatic causes and cures for cancer. As physicians, whose view of reality tends to the physical-only, it was too emotionally disturbing for them to accept.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

But I do not know what an unvarying diet of seal, fish and reindeer (plus milk) gives you in terms of vitamins, longevity and so forth.

My children's GodMother comes from the far north of Norway. So far north people go shopping in Finland (Lapland). As a child, that food mix was a huge part of her diet. She is six foot tall, appallingly athletic and (err) fit, with never ever any dental problems.

This is further evidence that the Atkins Diet is good and the 'balanced diet' of the nutritionists is bad. As most here know, human beings evolved even longer on a diet exclusively of seal and fish (ie no fruits or veg or carbohydrates) than did those living on a 'hunter-gatherer' diet (meat, fruit and veg but no carbohydrates). And they evolved for aeons longer than 'ourselves' who only for the last eight thousand years have been eating a balanced diet of meat, fruit'n'veg and carbohydrates.
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:

This is further evidence that the Atkins Diet is good and the 'balanced diet' of the nutritionists is bad. As most here know, human beings evolved even longer on a diet exclusively of seal and fish (ie no fruits or veg or carbohydrates) than did those living on a 'hunter-gatherer' diet (meat, fruit and veg but no carbohydrates). And they evolved for aeons longer than 'ourselves' who only for the last eight thousand years have been eating a balanced diet of meat, fruit'n'veg and carbohydrates.

Agreed, except for where it takes us. I haven't found any way of making anything alcoholic from fish. So, did we only start growing cereals so we could roast enough to brew enough beer to get pissed?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Since cereals are indigestible to humans but are wolfed down by Man's favourite herbivores, they are bound to be grown or at any rate sought out. It would presumably then be a race between the accidental discovery of fermentation/alcohol or processing/eating as to which came first.

Since nomadic groups tend always to despise 'bread' but adore 'alcohol' I know which one my money is on.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

On the other hand the groups that are associated with Early Man ie Lapps, Esqimeaux, Red injuns etc tend not to be able to handle alcohol at all well so maybe it is new to them.
GrouchoMarxthespot

The answer lies in sunshine.

Or mental exercise, (aka 'cognitive stimulation'), to stimulate the hippocampus and prevent it deteriorating.

See: http://brainworldmagazine.com/dr-majid-fotuhis-hippocampus-size-matters/

Participation in the AE site should do it.
GrouchoMarxthespot

I don't think diseases are actually "invented", but I do think that conditions are matched to new medicines, after which these conditions are given a nice new name (for instance ADHD),

Isn't it the case that the medical research scientists are self-duping, or at least guilty of tunnel-vision in accepting the agendas of their pharmaceutical paymasters?

Warfarin was originally a rat poison: Didn't anyone even think it might also be a useful anti clotting agent in human medicine?

Ditto the use of aspirin to combat various tumours.

Didn't anyone doing the original research have a lateral moment?
Boreades

GrouchoMarxthespot wrote:
I don't think diseases are actually "invented", but I do think that conditions are matched to new medicines, after which these conditions are given a nice new name (for instance ADHD),

Isn't it the case that the medical research scientists are self-duping, or at least guilty of tunnel-vision in accepting the agendas of their pharmaceutical paymasters?

Warfarin was originally a rat poison: Didn't anyone even think it might also be a useful anti clotting agent in human medicine?

Ditto the use of aspirin to combat various tumours.

Didn't anyone doing the original research have a lateral moment?

Sssshhh!!! The DoH and DEFRA don't like this kind of talk. It's not in the Public Interest for the public to show any interest in subjects like (a) the crossover of non-human diseases into human life (b) recycling of pharma products under new brand names and new prices (c) why many pharma products have a strangely limited time before they lose their efficacy e.g. antibiotics.
(d) why More Research Is (always) Needed
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 7

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in