MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Edwin Johnson (History)
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

A new member (wonders will never cease) has put me on to a dude I'd never heard of but should have, called Edwin Johnson. Basically the rat fink had arrived by 1900 where I've reached in Missing Persons by 2020. I won't say more at this stage but I found the best way into his work is by watching -- or rather listening to -- six YouTubes covering the main bones here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1xeWEi7Vhc&list=PLjmcxjC5Twver1VqllqjjLrNKofLP2_H_

Given your general interests, it’s probably best to watch the three called Intro to a Literary Conspiracy (The Rise of English Culture) Parts One, Two and Three and then the other three: Intro, No Constituted Church until the 11th Century and the Uncritical Age but it's all good stuff. I'm furious. Who wants to be Jesus when you could have been John the Baptist?

There is written stuff for people who like hard work but I'll leave it to others to post up about that. And the first person who says, "Where have you been all your life, Mick, I fell out of my cradle reading Edwin Johnson" will be tortured before being shot.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

This is absolutely astounding.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The geezer who seems to be running the show is to be found here https://ctruth.today/ We're going to have start divvying things up:

Among the subjects of focus for Ctruth are: Area Studies, Chorography, Chronology, Diplomatics, Numismatics, Paleography, Sphragistics, Archeology, Epigraphy, Ethnography, Historiography, Philately, Philology, Anthropology, Cartography, Dendrochronology, Filigranology, Genealogy, Papyrology, Phaleristics, Toponymy, Archeography, Cliometrics, Codicology, Ice Core Dating, Narratology, Onomastics, Prosopography, Radiometric Dating, Vexillology, Fragmentology, Tephrochronology, Periodization, Heraldry, Etymology, Ontology, Epistemology, Bibliology, Science, History, Humanities, Humanity, Sciences, Psychology, and Philosophy.

I'll take vexillology, it's the way I feel at the moment because a) Missing Persons is due back from the printers today and b) it has been rendered obsolete.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Hey, I/we didn't get into the top five books on forgery compiled in April of this year. But I didn't get into the four special mentions either, so that's no surprise.

PS But there's a big section on Oscar Muscarella who gets a walk-on in Missing Persons so maybe that's about to change.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Mick wrote:
We must set up a Revolutionary Front with Malaga Bay et al

Johnson is Malaga favorite. Ctruth looks like a worse form of Malaga Bay?

I don't really get this fascination with fake chronology. Once you opt for straight line scriptocentric history (which is the current dominant paradigm for decoding the past) you are always going to then get alternate versions, that challenge within the paradigm, that the current origin is wrong, or that there are gaps or duplications, etc, etc?

I have to confess concentration is not my strong point, which is no doubt why I have not spotted your "Missing Person" thread either.

I would like to think this is due to having an alternate skill set, but it's probably just because I am rubbish.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

No, no, Wiley, you mustn't do yourself down. Just blinkered, obsessive, reactionary, radical, insufficiently receptive to my blandishments, etc etc. Re the C-truth site, you should look through the Archives before coming to a final judgement. But you are right, I do tend to go overboard with these new found enthusiasms of mine ('it's the relief, O Lord, the relief'). Malaga Bay being a case in point.

PS I will open a Missing Persons thread after I've opened the book.
Wile E. Coyote

Had a tour. CTruth has very little to offer me. I will let you guys crack on.

Enjoy.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I don't see how we can now. Did you look at the YouTubes? They knocked me and Ishmael's socks off but we'll have to put them back on if you return with another negative verdict. Remember, you can always lie.
Wile E. Coyote

Brilliant, you can count me in. I think I will take the Coins, if they have any.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Sort the following words into a well known English expression
It's Cats Herding Like
Wile E. Coyote

I have been (reluctantly) herded. Give me the Coin. I will put the shift in.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I'm afraid not. I'm exactly where you are. We are all herders without cats or, as may be, cats without herders. Except I can claim to be ahead of Johnson, Fomenko, Velikovsky et al insofar as I offer definitive proof in Missing Persons. But I daresay they all thought that too. Certainly their followers think that. In my opinion they all (principals and followers) suffer from the gee-wizz factor, being too knocked out by their own radicalism for their own good. This Stephen Sorensen bloke seems not to be but perhaps lacks the raw edge of creativity.

I am unique among the Forged History crowd in not having a following of any kind. Even you lot. Though I do rather bask in that. I'm sure I shouldn't. Down and dirty, Mick, down and dirty.
Wile E. Coyote

Mick Harper wrote:
I'm afraid not. I'm exactly where you are. We are all herders without cats or, as maybe, cats without herders. Except I can claim to be ahead of Johnson, Fomenko, Velikovsky et al insofar as I offer definitive proof in Missing Persons.

These are all great straight line thinkers. I have nothing against it. It is a thing of great precision and beauty, A Compendium of Correct Endings based on scientific provenance. Alas it's way too hard work, for a inventor/slacker/punter such as Wiley. It gives no scope for cunning instinct.

Ctruth in actual fact has a method, based on Umberto Eco. Let's hope this shines through when I discover his posts on coins. Then I can give an Eco tick or cross. But I can't see any posts??

Sadly, nothing to report so far. Hope you are doing far better.
Wile E. Coyote

My best guess is that Ctruth is trying to mash Johnson, via Fomenko, and then adds a thick covering gloss of Eco.

It's commendable, but I don't think it's more interesting than the original archaic straight Johnson.

Looks like you have given me a time wasting exercise.

But I will gamely pretend to stick with it.

When can I knock off?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I haven't got that far. Reading books is slow enough but reading stuff off the screen is sheer purgatory. I started watching some Youtubes about it but was driven faintly mad by everyone proceeding on the basis that we'll put up with slapdashery if we are True Believers. This True Believer won't. I place production values above enlightenment.

Should we start our own channel? I am still impressed by a) our continuing creativity and b) nobody taking the blind bit of notice of us. Including, you will note, any contributions from our new allies in the Johnson Popular Front. But never, never forget. We're just as much twats as everyone else. I think it goes with the territory.
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 5

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in