MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dark Age Obscured (History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Not to mention the 'Maremma dog', the archetype of the guard dog which protects all livestock with great fidelity and without constant human intervention. How the Megalithics did things in the tideless Mediterranean should give us some clues about how they used tides in the western Channel, where tides are among the greatest in the world. In fact, it is rather odd that they should flourish in two 'world record' areas -- one with the greatest tides, and the other with none.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Hatty wrote:
No-one seems to consider the inland sea-and-tombolos layout is manmade even though it doesn't look at all natural. Anyway tellus in Latin means land or earth. It seems to be the same word as teilo, to spread dung/manure in Welsh, which came up in connection with llans and St Teilo.

These are the same formations that I have spotted in Newfoundland (on a smaller scale). I believe they are artificial.
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

Just a heads up; YouTube people are currently investigating the disappearance of Grand Tartary at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbuMiv41plY&t=79s
Ishmael

Interesting that they've made the connection between "Tartaria" and Territory---the same connection I made when I realized that the Northwest Territories were synonymous with The Northwest Tartary. The question is, what word came first? Was it, in fact, The Tartars who devised the world into Territories? I actually think that quite possible.
Ishmael

His channel is called "Mud Flood," which appears to be a reference to the rather odd phenomenon that cities all over the world appear to have had their oldest buildings in the heart of the city sunk one or two stories into the earth---yet no one seems to have any memory of when or why this occurred.

When I encountered this phenomenon and saw the photos I was quite stumped and taken aback by the whole thing. But I put it to my wife and she immediately solved the mystery.

It's modern plumbing!

When toilets were invented, they needed to bury the interconnected sewage pipelines. It was simply less expensive to build the streets up than to dig the pipes down. It fits the timeline well. The "mud flood" appears to have occurred in the early 19th century.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Thank God! I thought I'd missed something too. I wish I had a wife to provide me with all my ideas. Some of this has the feeling of an after-echo of my Mongol theory which some of you might remember. So keep an eye out!
Ishmael

Mick Harper wrote:
...an after-echo of my Mongol theory which some of you might remember. So keep an eye out!

No chance I would ever forget your Mongol theory--your suggestion that a mysterious great empire once controlled the whole world. How shocked I was when I discovered that--independently--Anatoly Fomenko arrived at the very same conclusion.

I too then stumbled on additional evidence for it. The idea has subsequently formed the basis of my own reconstruction of history, though I again am attempting to establish this reconstruction with an independent chain of evidence.

I was just watching more videos about this Mud Flood phenomenon. It sure is eerie when you see the photos. But my money is on my wife being correct about it. It sure is a simple (and boring) solution---so it's probably true.

Need to find out about sewage systems in these cities and towns.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

No chance I would ever forget your Mongol theory

Well, I'd managed to! The follies of middle age. From a strictly AE perspective this matter of the Careful Ignoral of Tartary would seem to have several possible explanations (people, please add)
1. We are all westerners with an abiding ignorance of anywhere we didn't reach.
2. Not much was in fact going on.
3. Nomadic cultures are not conducive to the written record.
4. It's all being suppressed by the Old Word Order.
5. It's all buried under an avalanche of ordure.
Ishmael

How about adding this to your list....

6. The evidence is largely under water, because of the shift in the pole position at the end of the last Ice Age, which occurred just about 500 years ago.
Ishmael

Ishmael wrote:
Need to find out about sewage systems in these cities and towns.

My wife accepted my challenge and sent me this...

Chicago Was Raised Over Four Feet in the 19th Century to Build Its Sewer
Ishmael

Now. It occurs to me that this same prosaic explanation may account also for many of the so called "ancient ruins" buried under modern cities. Perhaps those ruins aren't so ancient at all.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Well, if you want an extreme example you should watch the Cairo programme in the Ancient Invisible Cities series in which the presenter just wanders down from the modern city to the ancient one by staircase. They appear to co-exist side by side as twin cities except vertically. Presumably that would be some combination of sand and river. Or the ordure of continuous occupation of the most important city in the world (ono).

You might look at the history of Jericho too because of it holding two different world records.
N R Scott

Ishmael wrote:
But I put it to my wife and she immediately solved the mystery.

It's modern plumbing!

This is impressively logical! I might leave some comments under some of these videos pointing this out ..though I'll feel a little bad given how much they seem to have invested in the idea.
N R Scott

Ishmael wrote:
6. The evidence is largely under water, because of the shift in the pole position at the end of the last Ice Age, which occurred just about 500 years ago.

How certain are you that any of the poles actually shift (or even that the poles exist in the way we currently understand them) ?

For example, we're told that the magnetic poles have flipped repeatedly, but the evidence only really comes from magnetised rocks, and the magnetism of rocks can reverse while cooling.

Although it was discovered that some rocks would reverse their magnetic field while cooling (wikipedia)

On top of this you can just change the orientation of the rock - if I have a rock in my hand and its magnetism is aligned with the earth's magnetism then simply by turning the rock upside down the direction will be counter to the earth's.

They also use the magnetism found in ancient pottery to make judgements about the past strength of the earth's magnetic field, but again they're assuming those datings are correct.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Magnetism preserved in the rocks plays quite a part in SLOP, or rather the evidence for it. Perhaps you might clear up something that arose then. If magnetic reversals occur periodically then every rock on earth should bear the evidence of it -- and the same evidence, allowing for the age and positioning of each piece of rock. This does not appear to be the case. Could you check, comment etc?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Jump to:  
Page 32 of 41

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in