MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Importance of Sport (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 260, 261, 262  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Slavia said of Kudela: “He categorically denies and refutes any allegations of racism. We are shocked that his reputation and the club’s reputation are being smeared without a single piece of evidence.

Actually, Slavia, there is a) Kamara’s eye-witness testimony b) his team-mate Bongani Zungu’s eye-witness testimony c) the circumstantial evidence of both of them going immediately mental and d) Kudela covering his mouth. But you say the last can be discounted

The only ‘alleged’ evidence is the player covering his mouth – which Ondrej does on a regular basis when he talks to his teammates during our games.”

So, Slavia, you are formally stating for the record and to your direct knowledge, that Kudela regularly covers his mouth when he doesn’t want anyone, other than the person he is directly addressing, to know what he is saying. Tell us what that was on this occasion. If it was, as reported, "You're a fucking guy" ask Kudela to explain what he meant by this never-before-heard phrase and why he didn't want anyone, bar Kamara, to know he said it.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

It's getting difficult to wind up the opposition.Personally I favour just after their striker has missed a sitter.... "My my, your head is in the clouds today" . I have been booked, but not yet been referred to the Crown Prosecution Service.
Grant

Have to put down Arteta’s performance as one of Mick’s successful AE predictions. Sad, I was hoping he would do well
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I'm more of a Liverpool supporter these days. What we call our Red Wall. I'm not saying I won't always have a residual affection for the Goonards but I think it's important at this critical juncture in our nation's history to go slightly weird.
Grant

Why do the three most successful teams in English football all wear red? And when will Mick start supporting Man U?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Why do people select three instances -- from a choice of two, red/blue -- and then wait years until, when heads comes up three times in a row, they leap out from behind a tree and ask impertinent questions of innocent, and frankly rather distinguished, passers-by? I don't know. Probably we will never know, but asking these kinds of questions is what the AEL is all about.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I wasn't that interested in the Dook of Ed when he was alive but he's getting his own back now he's clogged it. I tune in for the Masters' highlights only to get El Greco staring back at me. I understand, I even approve, that the BBC as the National Voice has to do wall-to-wall occasionally but that surely doesn't mean 1.30 am on BBC-2. Even the Queen, I understand, was furious especially when she found out a Brit had taken the lead.
Grant

The problem with the D of E overkill is what the hell will they do when the Q dies? Nothing less than two weeks of national shutdown will do
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Here's an idea to run up the flagpole then. When the footie was cancelled in the early days of Covid, the sports channels offered subscribers a rebate until it was on again. If the BBC had to do the same with the licence fee while we were reduced to watching action replays of twenty-one gun salutes and so forth, they would have every incentive to cut it as short as is compatible to reflect our respect and admiration for her late majesty. Long may ye reign, ma'am.

How we deal with the period of national mourning for the accession of Queen Camilla is something I will turn to when the times comes as it doesn't bear thinking about now. Too much excitement is bad for one.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Charles Barkley: Lost to the Pistons? Man, we should do what they do in British soccer and regulate 'em.
Anchor: Relegate them, you mean, Charles.
Charles Barkley: Yeah, regulate 'em.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

It must be so galling for Spurs and Arsenal supporters not to be able to patronise West Ham fans. Never have I been so glad I've always been Chelsea, through and through, right down to my woad-painted balls. Yes, true. It costs twelve guineas and lasts about six months.
Wile E. Coyote

Since the 70s we have had it drummed into our thick skulls that the key to self defence, physical well being, mental and spiritual development; and so on, are the ancient Eastern codified systems and traditions' known as martial arts. You just had to pick the right one as each skill had proponents that their martial art was the best, Karate, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Jujutsu, Taekwondo, you takes your pick. Then someone came up with the "neat idea" that if you mixed these ancients arts up and were proficient in all, you would finally win the "which is the best" argument, and so Mixed Martial Arts was born.

It turns out that a novice fighter, Youtuber, knocks out a legend of MMA, in something called Boxing.

The truth is always simple. The best method of self defence is Boxing.

Boxing is so dangerous participants have to wear heavy padded gloves, even when they do, novices can knock out legends that know how to defend themselves against strikes. If you want to defend yourself, forget your spiritual well being, the eastern mysticism, learn a bit of boxing.
Wile E. Coyote

Good luck Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham. Bye Bye. For Wiley it's not good news, it will mean that Premiership is not solely about who has most money. I might have to consider tactics and strategy. I might have to think. Anybody could win. Blimey.
Wile E. Coyote

Cripes Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham want all the new money generated by the European Super League and still compete in the domestic leagues and cups as well.

I am rather enjoying "They are only doing this for the money" from err the breakaway Premier League.........

Wall to wall coverage of distraught fans from the six. No fan brave enough to say, "it is great for us, more money and we get the spectacle of our team playing the best in Europe every year, without the worry of qualification."
Mick Harper
Site Admin

There is one completely unavoidable handicap these 'international' leagues always face.

Week One: We're playing Bayern Munich? Good-oh, get me two together in the Charlie Nicholas stand."
Week Two: We're playing Man City again? D'ya know what? I promised the wife a trip to the garden centre Saturday."
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 260, 261, 262  Next

Jump to:  
Page 143 of 262

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in