MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nigel Farage for Prime Minister (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

N R Scott wrote:
Britanicus wrote:
The Freemasons

I recently visited a Freemasons lodge with a friend ... but when they're letting the likes of me wander round there, wearing earphones listening to Kanye West, it's the beginning of the end.

Good on you - that sounds very much like the Groucho Marx school of philosophy.
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

You're quite right to comment on the age of most Lodge members. I've also been invited to a few. Most Lodge are full of charmingly harmless doddery old farts, just happy to be allowed out by their wives for a few hours once a month or so, and contribute a few quid to charities in the process.

In fact, if you were looking to cast a remake of Dad's Army, almost any Lodge would be a great place to find in-character people. On the other hand, if you were a Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist, looking for proof that Masonic Lodges are hotbeds of intrigue and People That Secretly Rule The World, you would be sadly disappointed by most lodges in Provincial England.

Quite a few Lodges are organising Open Days. My local lodge had one recently, and most of the visitors were female, keen to see what those chaps were up to. They were pleasantly surprised to learn that there is a Ladies Lodge nearby, dispelling one of the myths that it is men-only.
Boreades

Britanicus wrote:

My major area of vital areas to look into are the following.

1- How to get ordinary working class men and woman, ordinary voters, into parliament and at the helm of power.
2- How to go about a peaceful revolution of replacing most of the rich and powerful from positions of power and replacing them with ordinary citizens through the power of the voting system.
3- How to obtain most of the land off the landed gentry who obtained it originally from the people by various land grabs and give it back to the people for their use.
4- How to build very cheap housing for the suffering masses and at the same time make their housing affordable with cheap rents, so that the working class do not have such a lifetime of burden just to keep their heads above water.
5- How to provide everyone with gainful employment for their whole lifetime.
6- And finally how to make our life in Britain more fulfilled and make our lives happier, more contented. To enjoy our brief lives on this Earth, the very minimum we should strive for.

Britanicus, you've opened my eyes! I'd no idea that the UKIP is actually a crypto-Libertarian/Marxist organisation. Well posted sir! Now I've no idea which end of the political Left/Right spectrum UKIP is on. Or is it so far right wing it loops round and comes back the other way?

But seriously (please note, I'm stepping out of character here) - from my experience in Local Government (by the people, for the people) I've noticed that an old adage holds firmly true:
There are those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what happened.

At the first hurdle:
How to get ordinary working class men and woman, ordinary voters, into parliament and at the helm of power.
We all fail, because only a tiny percentage of the population are currently willing to get off their arse and get involved from grass roots level upwards. Despite the stories in the Daily Wail, most Brits live in a peacefully placid society. It's not like they're being bombed or under threat of invasion, and want to change anything. (Nudge, hint, 1940)
Britanicus

In: The West Country

Too true N R Scott,

Those Freemasons you visited certainly do not run the show UK wide.
Britanicus

Boreades,

Good post.

I am not a UKIP member by the way, I view myself as a Conservative, Liberal and Labourite with a little c and two little l's with a small bit of Green thrown in and yes a strong Libertarian.

Certainly no Maxist at all, cannot abide dogma that kills millions, re: The Catholic church of the Middle ages ( The Inquisition ) and the militant Sharia Muslim minority of head cases today.

Stalin was a dangerous murderous asshole, Mao too and don't even mention that buffoon and unstable megalomaniac Hitler. Who was the worst? In my eyes they were all the same.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Hands up anyone in favour of mass-murderers.
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Britanicus wrote:
1- How to ...

None of the items you listed are vital, or even important, to the ongoing stable and efficient running of Great Britain Inc. It is this long-term stability which provides the main context for hard working people with ability to develop and prosper - ultimately building the wealth necessary to keep the whole system running.

Please can we focus on identifying the vital levers of power, Britanicus, rather than diversions into meaningless and unimportant political trivia.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Very well, Tilo, so let's begin with this statement of yours

It is this long-term stability which provides the main context for hard working people with ability to develop and prosper

The whole point of a successful country is to provide a place where you don't have to work hard. Yes, fine for those people who like that kind of thing (it's a form of psychopathy) but for the rest of us it means a place where we can all happily doze around living off hundreds of years of well-preserved capital assets. And, yes, importing a lot of hard-working twats from abroad to do all the necessary preserving.
Tilo Rebar

Mick Harper wrote:
...The whole point of a successful country is to provide a place where you don't have to work hard...

Brilliant, Mick, you're a bloody genius. We need you as the head of H.M. Government NOW!

Surprisingly, you don't come across as a person who is afraid of a bit of hard labour - 'Remember, aardvark never hurt anyone', or so my dear old Granny would say.
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:
...The whole point of a successful country is to provide a place where you don't have to work hard...

Luckily for us, there is a very good indicator of which countries have succeeded in that. It's called The Beer Index. It measures how many hours of minimum wage work it takes to buy a 0.5 litre bottle of beer.

Puerto Rico is the place to be.

http://qz.com/174700/how-many-hours-of-minimum-wage-work-it-takes-to-earn-a-beer/
Britanicus

Tilo Rebar wrote:
Britanicus wrote:
1- How to ...

None of the items you listed are vital, or even important, to the ongoing stable and efficient running of Great Britain Inc. It is this long-term stability which provides the main context for hard working people with ability to develop and prosper - ultimately building the wealth necessary to keep the whole system running.

Please can we focus on identifying the vital levers of power, Britanicus, rather than diversions into meaningless and unimportant political trivia.

You miss the main point of this Tilo, keeping the masses content, even happy. At the moment we are building up a head of steam of miscontent that means trouble in the near future, not unlike Thatcher's horrible decade 1980 to 1990. That is why UKIP is doing so well of late.

You may think wealth and money is the only way to achieve a stable country, I don't, there is much more to it than appears on the surface.
Give the top people more wealth year after year at the expense of the bottom majority of workers and take the consequences.

Have a look at the housing fiasco, have a look at the average wage of regions and then the average house prices in those regions and be alarmed, because these average wages ARE NOT OF THE WORKING CLASSES, which are far, far below those averages and yet even those middle class average wage earners cannot get a mortgage without someone giving them a 25% deposit to buy. The average in the southeast around 7-1, Inner London ( M25 ) up to 14-1 times average wages.

Have a look into Brazil, where the masses should be celebrating the good fortune of hosting the football world cup and yet there is discontent and an airline strike, I wonder why?

Have a shuffle at the land of the free, the mighty USA and see what massive gains for the rich at the expense of the poor has resulted in. One of the highest prison populations in the world, whole swathes of parts of the US no go areas of unemployed on the scrapheap, non-persons and ridden with drugs and violence. 25% of Americans have NO healthcare provision at all. Do you really want us to go down that lane, Tilo?

Just a polite request, just what do the forum members here do for a living? Working, unemployed, on a pension, on other state benefits, well off and plenty of money to be an idle rich boy?
Britanicus

Mick Harper wrote:
Very well, Tilo, so let's begin with this statement of yours

It is this long-term stability which provides the main context for hard working people with ability to develop and prosper

The whole point of a successful country is to provide a place where you don't have to work hard. Yes, fine for those people who like that kind of thing (it's a form of psychopathy) but for the rest of us it means a place where we can all happily doze around living off hundreds of years of well-preserved capital assets. And, yes, importing a lot of hard-working twats from abroad to do all the necessary preserving.

Hard working t--ts indeed, but what about those that have come here to hive off the state and do very little but claim benefits, like too many of our own ( non ) working class. Be interesting to see when all these hard working t--ts in the future are in the majority in the voting booths just what they will impose on us, the non-voting could not care less, lazy Brits.
Britanicus

Mick Harper wrote:
Hands up anyone in favour of mass-murderers.

Actually quite a few, millions or billions worldwide.......communist supporters and the like for Lenin, Stalin and Mao from within those countries too and in all the democratic nations, including America.

And supporters for decades, for quite a large portion of a century.

Tens millions of supporters for Hitler in his own country and many adjacent ones too. Romania, Italy, Austria, Spain, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovakia, Croatia, Turkey, etc,etc......Japan.

Does that answer your question Mick?
Britanicus

Simplistic, flippant answers to real problems may well be ok on these forums of non happenings, that's right where people can spew forth whole mountains of trash, with no likelihood of influencing anything or anyone.

In the real world out there, away from the cosy non-events of the internet chat houses, there are mountains of work to be done in the correct way to get our country going again. Real work and real people getting things done for a living wage.

One thing for certain, non-voting forum members are not going to influence events in our country one jot, no matter what they put on the computer.
Tilo Rebar

Britanicus wrote:
You miss the main point of this Tilo, keeping the masses content, even happy. At the moment we are building up a head of steam of miscontent that means trouble in the near future, not unlike Thatcher's horrible decade 1980 to 1990. That is why UKIP is doing so well of late...

Amazing Britanicus, if you really believe that then your brainwashing is complete.

Ask yourself some simple questions, for example, why does all the discontent amongst the downtrodden masses of Britain that has gone on over the centuries seldom result in a catastrophic revolution? Revolutions seems to happen quite often in other countries, but Britain always proceeds forward in an orderly manner with no significant change.

It's also worth your while to remind yourself of what is enshrined in the Magna Carta. It will point you in the right direction as to how British stability of governance is achieved.
Boreades

Tilo Rebar wrote:
Ask yourself some simple questions, for example, why does all the discontent amongst the downtrodden masses of Britain that has gone on over the centuries seldom result in a catastrophic revolution? Revolutions seems to happen quite often in other countries, but Britain always proceeds forward in an orderly manner with no significant change.

Bread and circuses. Relatively cheap food and massive amounts of mass entertainment. The UK excels at both.

Tilo Rebar wrote:

It's also worth your while to remind yourself of what is enshrined in the Magna Carta. It will point you in the right direction as to how British stability of governance is achieved.

Sorry Tilo, where have you been? We effectively lost the Magna Carta a few years ago. These days, you can be arrested without warrant, news of your arrest can be banned from the newspapers, then held indefinitely without trial, or tried in a secret court.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 6

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in