MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nigel Farage for Prime Minister (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I have been perfectly happy with all British governments thus far and fully anticipate continuing to do so. Long may Cameron reign, if that is what my fellow-citizens want. Who am I to disagree?

You continue to fundamentally misunderstand the British Way. Ever since the party-system started in the 1680's, one party has normally been in power for more than one election cycle. It would be very unusual (and in my opinion, rather foolish) to throw the Tories out after one term, and a coalition at that.

PS Please desist from signing your name and mentioning who you are replying to. If it is immediately after, there's no need to bother; if there are intervening posts, use the quote feature.
Britanicus

In: The West Country

I do not want the Conservatives to be thrown out at the next election, after all's said and done I am a card carrying member of the Tory party. I just cannot abide Cameron, like many other party members I have met.

Portillo would have made a better Tory leader in my opinion, Boris Johnson -- not convinced he is the right one to lead us, so who is? Not George Osborne or Teresa May that's for sure. Maybe we should offer it to dear old Nigel Farage after the next election..........
Britanicus

Mick Harper wrote:
I have been perfectly happy with all British governments thus far and fully anticipate continuing to do so. Long may Cameron reign, if that is what my fellow-citizens want. Who am I to disagree?

Surely not Mick, happy with the disastrous Thatcher ( jobwise and civil strife, two major recessions and the destruction of whole swathes of British industry that provided well paid jobs for working men and women ) era and the Blair government of lies and deceit and economic ruin.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You are far too hysterical about the governance of a country which is very easy to govern.
Britanicus

It's the weasel words of Cameron that I detest and his complete refusal to listen to the electorate that voted him into office. You would not buy a second hand car off Cameron that's for sure. There is something not quite right about Cameron, cannot put my finger on it, but like others I don't trust him to do the right thing.
Britanicus

Mick Harper wrote:
You are far too hysterical about the governance of a country which is very easy to govern.

Certainly not, just quoting the reality of certain governments we have had and the untold damage to our country they have done in the name of political dogma. Yes our country is very easy to govern and to muck up when the people in charge don't do the right thing.

That's why the majority of people are fed up to the back teeth with politicians and a large majority do not vote anymore, hence only 36% voted in the elections this time. 90+ percent of my fellow workers could not be bothered to vote and have no intention to do so in the future. Even many of my management ( mainly ex SNCO's in the Army ) feel aggrieved enough to slag off all politicians and not vote.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You would not buy a second hand car off Cameron that's for sure.

Why one would want a particularly trustworthy person to run one's government I cannot imagine.
Britanicus

Mick Harper wrote:
You would not buy a second hand car off Cameron that's for sure.

Why one would want a particularly trustworthy person to run one's government I cannot imagine.

Really?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

That's why the majority of people are fed up to the back teeth with politicians and a large majority do not vote anymore, hence only 36% voted in the elections this time.

That's been the percentage since 1482 or whenever for local elections so I don't know why you're up in arms about it now. A small percentage is a good thing. It means nobody can be bothered to change things because things are puffing along quite well, thank you very much.

Of course people have always moaned about their governments. That is part of the human condition. Only Applied Epistemologists are able to rise above these entirely routine bitchings. You might try the effort yourself one of these days though on the whole people enjoy moaning so don't do it if your general life is a bit on the dull side.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Really?

Good grief, Brito, your knowledge of British political history is quite woeful. Have you never heard of Disraeli, Lloyd George, Churchill -- twisters all?
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Duplicate post - that's the 3rd time its happened???
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Britanicus wrote:
...Yes our country is very easy to govern and to muck up when the people in charge don't do the right thing...

Ever ask yourself why, despite the fact that we've had many many bad politicians running the country over the last ~800 years, as a nation we continue to thrive and prosper, with the UK having more billionaires than any other country in the world?

Don't worry too much about politicians as they are not the ones who make the important decisions. A bunch of baboons would probably be able do it just as well as the current crop (irrespective of party) - hang on a minute, isn't that just what we've got!
Britanicus

Sad to say Mick you are probably true about all those wonderful politicians of yesteryear, no comment on the morons running us today!

Tilo, to become a billionaire you need to be totally corrupt and all powerful and have been paying little or no taxes for years......and behind every millionaire is a corrupt accountant.

When you are so filthy rich that you own more assets that most countries in the third world you are effectively untouchable.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Astounding there are still such morons in this world. And posting on this site even!
Britanicus

Ishmael wrote:
Astounding there are still such morons in this world. And posting on this site even!

Ismael obviously talking about himself again!
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 6

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in