MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Meta-Skepticism: Was Jesus Story Written Middle Ages? (History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I don't know whether I've mentioned it before but I'm pretty big among Evangelical Christians viz

A CALL FOR SERIOUS EVANGELICAL APOLOGETICS: The Authenticity of John 7:53-8:11 as a Case Study
By John Tors | March 14, 2015 |

THE PROBLEM
There is a troubling dearth of serious and competent apologetics being done by evangelicals in the matter of the origins and transmission history of the New Testament. The “received wisdom” about such issues as when, how, and in what order the Gospel books were written and about the original form of the NT text has come to be dominated by liberal paradigm assumptions.These paradigm assumptions are used by liberal skeptics, Muslim apologists, and others opponents of Christianity to undermine the case for Christ.

We assume that our scholars and leaders examine such assumptions carefully and reject ones that are unjustified, but that is not the case. On the contrary, what M.J. Harper says about historians holds true for Biblical scholars, as well: “historians … aren’t asked to consider the evidence for the paradigm assumptions of their subject; they are taught the paradigms in the first five minutes – or better still are assumed to know them when they arrive.” These paradigms are absorbed without question in seminary; as Harper correctly says, “If that version is taught formally to you at school by authority figures, then repeated to you as an undergraduate by even more highly regarded authority figures, and all your colleagues agree that it’s more or less self-evidently true … you tend pretty much to go along with things.” So the liberal paradigm assumptions are passed on from teacher to student, who in turn becomes the new teacher passing it on to new students. And all the while the credibility of the NT is diminished.

http://www.truthinmydays.com/a-call-for-serious-evangelical-apologetics-the-authenticity-of-john-753-811-as-a-case-study/

I've been asked to be keynote speaker at their 2020 (and last) World Congress "Is Christianity a Complete Hoax Perpetrated by the Normans?"
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in