MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vaxine (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Ishmael wrote:
But my goodness Chad; this undermines the case for vaccination

Yes, that would appear to be the case.

I was hoping Wiley or Tilo would have picked up on it... It was my gift to them.

However, I will wait to see if either of them decides to run with it and will then vault back over the fence to take up the game from that side.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Y'all might care to take the outbreak of polio in Syria as a test case.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

I was speaking to a veteran today, about Gulf War Syndrome. He reckoned, like me, it was caused by the vaccinations as he had 3 mates (unlike him) all who had served and had suffered really bizarre reactions 1-3 years after.

"So you would in hindsight have tried to avoid the vaccination?", I cunningly suggested.

"No", he replied, "Nerve agents are a real killer, you have no chance with them."

It's easier on the computer chair.
Wile E. Coyote

Chad wrote:
Since you are struggling to come up with any evidence in support of your argument.

You are right I suspect that these childen http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17155286 would have in the 1950s been diagnosed as having a polio or paralytic illness. Problem is I don't know it.

And I can't find out.

Equally I suspect that if Stephen Hawking was transported back to a GP waiting room in the 1950s he would have been thought to be a post polio case.

Having advised you that you were not comparing like with like, I can't then make up the stats myself.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

An Indian doctor told me parents in Pakistan won't vacccinate their children against polio. I don't know if this claim is simply part of anti-Pakistan rhetoric but if she's right the assumption (which she didn't say) is it's a general Muslim distrust of western medicine. We could perhaps add RE (religious education, not Borry's reverse engineering) to the list. [A Muslim free school in Britain, supposed to show the way for the government's policy, was recently threatened with closure for various reasons but mainly because the education was sub-standard.]

The polio outbreak in Syria is presumably due to the difficulty of carrying out normal procedures but if it spreads in other areas controlled by Islamist rebels it may be a political i.e. religious consequence rather than an unintended effect of war.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Chad wrote:
Since you are struggling to come up with any evidence in support of your argument.

You are right I suspect that these childen http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17155286 would have in the 1950s been diagnosed as having a polio or paralytic illness. Problem is I don't know it.

And I can't find out.

I really think you are barking up the wrong tree here Wiley. MND presents in a very different way to polio.

I suspect you are somewhat younger than me, or grew up in a more affluent area (or both), but I used to see loads of polio victims (we had three in my year at school) and you could spot them easily by their trade mark withered leg, built up shoe and iron calliper... every street football game had some poor sod trying to keep up with his mates, dragging his gammy leg behind him.

But you simply don't see these kids any more.

I gave you the clues (and Ishmael joined up the dots).... but you need to investigate why the UK experience was not replicated in India.
Wile E. Coyote

Chad wrote:

I really think you are barking up the wrong tree here Wiley.

I dont think so.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to:  
Page 6 of 6

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in