MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vaxine (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Yes, no doubt, but I see you haven't managed to name one.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Lyme disease vaccine was not exactly a resounding success.

It had a 78% efficacy in preventing the disease, but the side effects proved unacceptable.

Between December 28, 1998 and July 31, 2000, 905 reports were made to VAERS about adverse events after the administration of the Lyme disease vaccine. Of these, 66 were classified as serious -- that is, they resulted in a life-threatening illness, hospitalization or lengthened hospitalization, or disability.

It was eventually withdrawn.

The vaccine, called LYMERix, was licensed in 1998. By 2002 SmithKline Beecham had withdrawn it from the market.
Chad

But let's see if anybody else comes up with any.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Well, let's see why this really failed. In the first place Lyme's Disease is just not a biggie. Apart from some well-heeled hysterics in New England, nobody gives a monkeys. (And nobody even knew it existed before ...what ...1980?) In other words, it is a typical Big Pharma money-making opportunity. I notice that the vaccine actually 'worked' and I am prepared to bet that the adverse side effects were only considered too adverse because the disease itself is not really so bad (and mainly treatable anyway).

In other words this was a more of a routine drug-meets-disease situation (with patchy results), not what we would normally understand as a vaccination programme. In AE terms I would say that if this is the best that the anti-vaccinists can come up with they ain't gotta prayer.
Chad

In AE terms I would say that if this is the best that the anti-vaccinists can come up with they ain't gotta prayer.

So how exactly did I become the mouthpiece of the anti-vaccinists? (Left to their own devices, I'm sure they could come up with far better examples than I have.)

I am (in line with best AE practices) simply a non-aligned polyskeptic, who happens to think that mass vaccination (on the whole) offers benefits which outweigh the occasional mishap.

Vaccines are just pharmaceuticals... and even those that have been fully trialed, have the potential to cause harm (just like any other pharmaceutical).
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You misunderstand your role. I set you as an attack dog to find something and you can't find it. Which tells me it isn't there. The other curs, the ones with something actually to defend, will of course be subject to careful ignoral and cannot be relied on at all.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Chad wrote:

Or if you prefer a textual analysis:

During the 12 years of the mostly 1-dose US 'varicella' [chicken pox] vaccination program, the annual average mortality rate for 'varicella' listed as the underlying cause declined 88%, from 0.41 per million population in 1990-1994 to 0.05 per million population in 2005-2007. The decline occurred in all age groups, and there was an extremely high reduction among children and adolescents younger than 20 years (97%) and among subjects younger than 50 years overall (96%).

With no data on how many you have killed by injecting something toxic into their body.

I reckon you could get much better results by a state policy of exposing babies on a mountain side shortly after birth.

You just need to ignore the fatalities. The surviving population is much hardier.

What Is etc....
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Wile E. Coyote wrote:

I reckon you could get much better results by a state policy of exposing babies on a mountain side shortly after birth.

You just need to ignore the fatalities. The surviving population is much hardier.

What Is etc....

You might get votes for this. Call it the "Cruel To Be Kind" Public Health Policy. Start in Glascow, where the rate of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is one of the highest in the whole world. If you can survive that,....
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The other curs, the ones with something actually to defend, will of course be subject to careful ignoral and cannot be relied on at all.

How right I was.
Wile E. Coyote

So called Spanish Flu killed 50-100 million. In fact it was the vaccinations.

So called Mexican flu killed 18,000; again it was the vaccinations.

Antibiotics is a major killer by destroying immune systems in the gut.
Wile E. Coyote

Soldiers returning from war zones are vaccination victims, they become unwell then get diagnosed with PTSD..

Of course Pharma lobbies for mass vaccinations, they love the whiff of a pandemic.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
So called Spanish Flu killed 50-100 million. In fact it was the vaccinations.

This is a case that interests us! However, the culprit is probably not vaccinations. Though I would love to see your evidence.
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Not a vaccine problem, but an indicator of the mind-set of one member of the Big Pharma group, was the Bayer product for haemophiliacs called Koate.

It was found to contain live HIV and one of their ex-managers, John H Hink, who was in the team responsible for marketing Koate to Asia, at least had the decency to express regret that management had required that old stock be sold despite its prior knowledge of HIV contamination.

It's no wonder we all love Big Pharma so much so much!
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Perhaps now is a good time to confess that I do not believe AIDS is a communicable disease.
Wile E. Coyote

Chad wrote:

It isn't difficult to find very plausible evidence in support of the efficacy of vaccines:

Or if you prefer a textual analysis:

During the 12 years of the mostly 1-dose US 'varicella' [chicken pox] vaccination program, the annual average mortality rate for 'varicella' listed as the underlying cause declined 88%, from 0.41 per million population in 1990-1994 to 0.05 per million population in 2005-2007. The decline occurred in all age groups, and there was an extremely high reduction among children and adolescents younger than 20 years (97%) and among subjects younger than 50 years overall (96%).

In the case of vaccines, it's clear that (just like the berries on the trees) some will bestow beneficial effects, while others will do you harm.

Let's take a longer term look at Chad's graph........courtesy of health sentinel....plausible eh? If you view the long term the vaccine has had no effect on mortality rates. Which was exactly the point Ish was making. Just saying......

http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/images/stories/graphs/us-measles.jpg
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 6

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in