MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
COIN (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I have much more modest ambitions.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

And you are have a method that works for you, so going for a fake would be logical.

As for Esunos/Esus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esus

His image appears here on a Roman pillar as a wood chopper.

The two sculptures where Esus appears are the Pillar of the Boatmen from among the Parisii, on which Esus is identified by name,[1] and a pillar from Trier among the Treveri with similar iconography.[14][15] In both of these, Esus is portrayed cutting branches from trees with his axe.[15] Esus is accompanied, on different panels of the Pillar of the Boatmen, alongside Tarvos Trigaranus (the ‘bull with three cranes’), Jupiter, Vulcan, and other gods

wiley wrote:

During the Republic, Rome used to entrust the founding of their conolies to Three Commisioners. These were known as Triumviri......

These are commisioners for colonists, who need to clear trees. Think of them as wise men.
Wile E. Coyote

The references to Mercury connect to Hermes, and Hermes Trismegistus.
Wile E. Coyote

Esunertos, or Iisuniirtos (fl. 50-30 BC), was a male ruler in Britain in the western Thames basin in the second half of the 1st century BC. He is known only from a few rare gold and silver coins, which provide an alternate spelling of his name – IISVNIIRTOS.

Looks like senator or elder........
Wile E. Coyote

This is not native coinage, it is traded within a colony. A "little Rome" is being set up.
Wile E. Coyote

I have been asked for my verdict, fake or find, about this Wiki entry

Esunertos, or Iisuniirtos (fl. 50-30 BC), was a male ruler in Britain in the western Thames basin in the second half of the 1st century BC. He is known only from a few rare gold and silver coins, which provide an alternate spelling of his name – IISVNIIRTOS.

I haven't given a correct answer, I have given a Wiley answer.
Wile E. Coyote

Footnotes
The theophoric name is also attested in Continental Europe, interpreted to mean 'having the power of Esus'.

Mick wrote:
Theophonically, Jesus.

Quite. Founding a new kingdom, visited by three wise men.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

Jump to:  
Page 52 of 52

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in