MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Megalithic concrete (Megalithic)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Hatty wrote:
No-one knows why the Wansdyke was built but it seems to be the usual Grim's dyke, found on most drovers roads including the Ridgeway, only on a larger scale as befits a main east-west route.

Some say it was a canal. But I'm not sure why a canal would be on top of the hills?
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Boreades wrote:
It's still all there in a tunnel under the Temple of the Feathered Serpent in Teotihuacan, Mexico, according to this:
http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/river-mercury-underworld-pyramid-sun-may-lead-royal-tomb-002952
Which also mentions a Qin Shi Huang pyramid in China that also has mercury under it.

First thing I thought of too when I read your first sentence. And of course there's no cultural links between old world and new!

However...the river of mercury beneath the Chinese Pyramid has never actually been seen by anyone. Its existence is entirely legendary, derived from supposed ancient Chinese texts: Few excavations have been permitted on the Chinese Great Pyramid and none have penetrated to significant depth.

My own suspicion is that the only thing "real" about the Great Chinese Pyramid are the legends about the Great Chinese pyramid. The first emperor isn't really buried inside and there is no river of mercury to uncover. I even suspect the Terracotta Army was buried there by the Chinese Communists for their archaeologists to uncover: There is simply no precedent anywhere in the ancient world for such realistic, individuated sculptures of this kind.

On the other hand, here in South America we have a very real pyramid with a very real river of mercury beneath it. Why not conclude that here then too is the very same legendary temple spoken of by "ancient Chinese Historians?"
Ishmael

In: Toronto

This is a must-watch video. Stay-tuned for the "smoking gun."

Creator of the video claims that precision stone-work is just a facade over-top irregular stone or concrete.

Are those huge Megalithic Inca stones 'rendered/stuccoed'?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in