MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE Ice Age (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I'm right behind you, Chad. I lost it with osculation.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Having slept on it, I now see where you are coming from.

First question: why assume a four day period of oscillation and not seven?
Chad

Ishmael wrote:
With a seven day week, one complete cycle takes 4 weeks (the earth ends the week at its start point at the end of the fourth week).

Don't quite get this bit...
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Chad wrote:
First question: why assume a four day period of oscillation and not seven?

I'm not assuming anything. That was the first notion that hit me -- the congruity of 23.5 degrees and 24 hours. Then every degree of arch would be the equivalent of 1 hour.

But if the oscillation were 7 days in length, it would explain the length of the week perfectly. The Earth returns to its point of origin every 7 days.

Somewhere all of this is recorded in the calender if we can find it.

In Mick's book, he and Hatty write that every day of our week is associated with a different planet. My first thought was that on each given day the appropriate planet was closest to the horizon. One could identify the day of the week then by watching the skies.

But of course this would have been true only for a short period as the pendulum slowly reduced its swing over time. Perhaps there's another meaning -- one that would have lasted longer.
Ishmael

Chad wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
With a seven day week, one complete cycle takes 4 weeks (the earth ends the week at its start point at the end of the fourth week).

Don't quite get this bit...

It's probably not important.

Assume the Earth starts an oscillation at the top of the cycle on Sunday. 4 weeks later it will once again start an oscillation at the top of the cycle on a Sunday.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In Mick's book, he and Hatty write that every day of our week is associated with a different planet
For those whose copy is not closely at hand

The seven days of the week list the seven anciently known bodies of the solar system: Sunday (sun), Monday (moon), Tuesday (Tiw, Fr. mardi = Mars), Wednesday (Woden, Fr. mercredi = Mercury), Thursday (Thor, Fr. jeudi = Jupiter), Friday (Freya, Fr. vendredi = Venus), Saturday (Saturn). A seven-day week of course fits the 28-day moon cycle month though what humanity would have done if the solar system had not had seven visible bodies is anybody's guess.

This last sentence may be in Ishmaelian jeopardy.
Ishmael

So for those of you who have not followed I will try again (though I'm beginning to think this might actually be all true and I shouldn't have posted it publicly so rashly).

Let's describe what happens on the Earth subjectively.

Once upon a time, the Earth rotated around an axis that stood straight up and down; the line from the north pole to the south pole was perpendicular to the plane of the Earth's orbit. In those antediluvian days, as the Bible tells us, there were no seasons. At the top of the Earth was the Arctic sea. At the bottom of the Earth was Antarctica. It was so because this was and remains the Earth's present orientation of optimum balance.

For reasons that, for now, remain unimportant, the axis of the Earth at some point suddenly tilted to 23.5 degrees.

The result was not a sudden shift in the location of the North Pole. The north pole did not suddenly move from the arctic to Hudson Bay or to Norway. The result was much weirder!

Instead, the north pole now entered a period in which it wandered over the face of the globe. The North Pole drifted back and forth in a line from Norway to Hudson Bay. I say a line but the actual shape traced was distorted by the rotation of the Globe and the rate of oscillation. It might have traced a figure-eight or it might have traced out something like a pentagram. To know, we would need to find the rate of oscillation for the Earth.

The effect of this movement of the North Pole was to extend the "arctic circle" out to 45 degrees (47 degrees to be precise). The Arctic would have become both larger and more mild. Weather patterns would differ radically from now. Nevertheless, the whole of the North from Norway to Hudson Bay would at one time or another be directly beneath the North Pole and for 20 degrees south of these extremes glaciation would extend -- if it followed the same pattern evident today.
Ishmael

So why did the North Pole wander in this way?

As soon as the axis tipped, the Earth sought out it's natural balance point. The Globe itself tipped over to align the Arctic Sea with the rotational axis. But the Earth could not just jump from one orientation to another. The swing imparted momentum to the Earth so it tipped past its point of balance, sending the North Pole back to Norway.

But once the Globe dipped 23.5 degrees beyond its balance point it slowed and fell back once again toward its natural point of balance. The North Pole now came back through the Arctic Sea again and passed on beyond to Hudson Bay.

Like a pendulum, over and over again the Earth swayed back and forth. And just like a pendulum, each swing became less extreme while the rate of oscillation remained constant. Always the same beat. Always the same pattern traced out on the roof of the world. And always the same complex pattern made by the stars as they swayed too-and-fro in the heavens.
Ishmael

Navigation in this world was impossible without the aid of persons who had dedicated their lives to the understanding of these complex patterns and who had the ability to compute the location of the secret, hidden pole. The true pole.

Hints of this still echo down to us to this day. There remains an echo in mythology of the secret "true pole" -- a concept thought now to be a wholly impractical, useless, purely esoteric knowledge of the pole around which the precessional circle is traced. But this is a misunderstanding.

We misunderstand because we no longer live in that world. We interpret the echoes according to the skies we know. But our skies are alien now. The pendulum has stopped.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Mick Harper wrote:
The seven days of the week list the seven anciently known bodies of the solar system: Sunday (sun), Monday (moon), Tuesday (Tiw, Fr. mardi = Mars), Wednesday (Woden, Fr. mercredi = Mercury), Thursday (Thor, Fr. jeudi = Jupiter), Friday (Freya, Fr. vendredi = Venus), Saturday (Saturn). A seven-day week of course fits the 28-day moon cycle month though what humanity would have done if the solar system had not had seven visible bodies is anybody's guess.

Ok but it doesn't fit. 7x4=28

The lunar cycle is roughly 29.5309 days

So you are in fact looking at 7x4=28 + another 2=30 is the way some cultures do it.

If you had 6 visible bodies you presumably would have 5 weeks.

6X5=30
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I have recalled the book for pulping, Wiley.
Ishmael

So I've just read an article on how experts date the timing and length of Ice Ages. It's a creationist article but this is where you have to go to get criticism of orthodoxy in this area (time and again we are reminded of the value of non-rational ideas in preserving old knowledge and in critiquing wrong-headed but rational claims).

Do Greenland Ice Cores Show over One Hundred Thousand Years of Annual Layers?

Turns out that orthodoxy detects the presence of an annual cycle of radioactive isotopes that vary from season to season. They vary specifically due to the Earth's seasonal oscillation. These oscillations, according to the ice cores, are more widely-spaced near the glacial surface and more compacted toward the bottom of the ice. This is attributed to compression of layers over time.

But if I am right, the Earth once had an oscillation that varied perhaps daily or weekly, meaning the isotopes might vary 50 times or even 350 times each year. If each oscillation left its mark, as the Ice formed rapidly, the oscillations left thin layers at the bottom and thick layers at the top, as the rapid oscillation was superseded by the seasonal oscillation -- which is what we have -- no compression models required.

But as orthodoxy is reading these diluvian, rapid oscillations as years, they have added hundreds of thousands of phantom years to the timeline.
Wile E. Coyote

I am enjoying this.

The idea of the perfectly ordered original.
Wile E. Coyote

Mick Harper wrote:
I have recalled the book for pulping, Wiley.

No need, our Father, with whom you share so much, has not issued a Errata slip in his great book either.

Let us consider the evidence.

The lunar Sabbaths are in total contradiction to the seven-day cycle given to us by God at Creation. The concept of the lunar Sabbath uses the moon to determine when the week begins and ends. This being the case, the Sabbath might begin on any day of the week.

The moon has a 29.5 day cycle. Because you cannot split a day in half, this means that some months will have 29 days while other will have 30 days.

Imagine the confusion.

In contrast, God makes it simple for us:

Six Days of Work on the Seventh You Rest.

There are four Sabbaths every 28 days.

If you follow the moon cycle, some months you will have to work seven or eight days before the Sabbath. (heaven forbid)

This is in total contradiction to the commandments of God that 'six days shalt thou labour.'

You see both you and God were in fact correct.

Well done.
Chad

A ''must read'' for aspiring poleshifters.

(Ishmael would have little difficulty... because he employs external forces).
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to:  
Page 7 of 9

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in