MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE Ice Age (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Orthodoxy is catching up to M. J. Harper.

Earth is undergoing true polar wander, scientists say
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

But the poor saps still can't tear themselves away from Uniformitarianism. Thus

True polar wander is a geophysical theory, a way of thinking about Earth processes that might happen and that these scientists believe do happen. The theory suggests that if an object of sufficient weight on Earth -- for example, a supersized volcano or other weighty land mass -- formed far from Earth's equator, the force of Earth's rotation would gradually pull the object away from the axis around which Earth spins. A supersized volcano far from Earth's equator would create an imbalance, in other words. As explained at Princeton.edu:

If the volcanoes, land and other masses that exist within the spinning Earth ever became sufficiently imbalanced, the planet would tilt and rotate itself until this extra weight was relocated to a point along the equator

The problem with this is that a volcano, no matter how super-sized, is absolutely puny in comparison with the supposed workings of the giant plates. As they sort of realise:

That's the theory of true polar wander. It would cause a movement of Earth's land masses, but for a different reason than the reason the continents drift in the theory of plate tectonics (formerly called 'continental drift'). In the theory of plate tectonics, the continents drift because Earth's the layer of Earth underlying our planet's crust, called the mantle, is convective. That is, it circulates, slowly -- like water about to boil. In true polar wander, on the other hand, a similar-seeming movement of land masses on Earth's crust happens in order to correct an imbalance of weight with respect to Earth's spin.

My guess is that, to keep Uniformitarianism, not to mention all the other orthodox bits and bobs of Geomorphology, they will actually use Plate Tectonics to balance polar wandering. This is dangerous from our point of view because whatever evidence we produce they will be able to say, "Told you so."

It will be interesting to see how they explain the recent Indian Ocean tsunami (a zillion times more destabilising than any poxy volcano) and how it a) moved the Pole like they said but b) only a lickle bit.
Britanicus

In: The West Country

Ice ages and so called "global warming" caused by sun spots, solar flares or lack of.

When solar flares and sunspots are low, temperatures increase on this Earth.
When solar flares and sun spots are high, temperatures lower on Earth.
Just repeat and let this sink in and you will soon think logically that I have gotten this the wrong way round.

Will let you chew on this awhile so I can get some sleep.
Will explain what is happening and the mechanism behind this dilemma.

Gaia, the living breathing self regulating Earth and the living breathing Universe are topics related to this. Nature is a self regulating organism, set up by some upper beings of perfection.
Ishmael

Here is an interesting map of the Earth's permafrost. Notice anything interesting?

Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

1. Not proportional to the present Pole
2. Opposite to the former glaciated regions.
Ishmael

Yes and yes.
Ishmael

I was looking at some of the original climate maps drawn up by Koppen and Geiger and noticed that, on them, they had marked the line of permafrost and that this line, in Asia, curved to the southeast. This immediately struck me as odd; shouldn't the permafrost essentially ring the North Pole? Shouldn't it be represented as a straight line located somewhere near the arctic circle?

Seems to me that the permafrost should follow the arctic circle--except where elevation is a factor--and large deviations suggest the system has recently undergone some change.

My first thought was that the permafrost is therefore melting--meaning that the line has been in retreat from a maximum that coincided with the furthest extent of glaciation in Asia. For according to the experts, Europe's glaciers also curved to the southeast.

I then looked at some modern maps, like the one referenced above, and noticed something else; the permafrost line forms an elongated oval shape, oriented toward Hudson Bay and the Okhostk Sea and tipped directly away from the UK.

The Canadian portion of the Ovid appears to align with the glaciation record and with our proposed polar shift. The Asian portion, however, as you now point out (and I did not rightly notice before) is on the side of the continent opposite that where the Ice was located.

Ishmael

East is East and West is West

Previously, I have described how maps of the old "Roman" roads indicate that these ancient roads are both misaligned from the present north-south axis and, most curiously, avoid that region of the planet that was previously covered in a massive glacier.

You can examine the roman road map for yourself (click "Start Exploring the Roman World" to see the map) and compare it with this map of Ice Age glaciation.

Note that northern Britain features no roman roads. Though the overlap is not perfect in Great Britain, it is rather remarkable that the roads do not enter the far north and that this region, unlike the far south, was covered in ice.

I now have another set of maps I wish for you to examine.

First, we have this second map of the Ice Age glaciation.

I've chosen this map because certain features, represented here, differ from the previous map but may have particular significance in light of the next map I will show. Which is below:

Ishmael

What you see represented in the enormous yellow zone of the last-posted map is the almost mythical Grand Tartary---a mysterious "nation" that vanished from history before ever officially entering it. The Grand Tartary is described in European literature into the 19th century but in terms never quite reaching a level of specificity that we might associate with places like France or Italy--and always in hushed tones that hint of darkness, ignorance and fear.

Here is another map of the same "nation."

Note how the borderline of "Europe" gently curves eastward from the black sea and then northward to a position just east of Norway. This is an almost precise match with position of the ice sheet that once occupied this very same space.

This cannot be a coincidence.
Ishmael

And Never the Twain Shall Meet

Fomenko, in his reconstruction of world history, spends much time discussing the Grand Tartary. It is Fomenko's position that the Tartary once ruled most of Europe, including England and possibly parts of Scotland. The Empire eventually collapsed and the European nations emerged from the experience newly self-aware and independent.

Fomenko further contends that the modern Romanov dynasty was a European import into "Russia," constituting an invading force that would eventually permanently destroy the Tartary in the 18th century.

I suggest Fomenko is missing one giant part of the puzzle. The reason for the clash of civilizations.

The middle ages saw the last great pole shift.

That pole shift resulted in the melting of the glacier that, until then, had divided east from west. As the glacier began to melt, it opened the way into Europe for a monstrously destructive force: The Great Horde of the Moguls. It swept down through the Black Sea, took Constantinople and then, finding the network of Roman Roads there, it rapidly swept across the whole of Europe. Through Turkey, the Moguls found also their way around the Himalayas and into India.

Having conquered the whole of the world, the great Moguls installed their rulers in every land, in castles and in churches, ruling with an iron fist.
Ishmael

p.s.

I suspect that one of the reasons China is so forcefully intent upon the utter destruction of Tibetan culture is a faint, national memory of the Mogul invasions. Everywhere the Tartars went, they seem to have left a legacy of shock and fear that has never faded from the world's collective psyche.
Ishmael

Here is another map of the Grand Tartary (click to enlarge).

Notice how the area of the so-called "Moscovite Tartary" perfectly matches the eastern edge of the old ice-sheet---as though this were newly acquired, virgin territory of the grand empire. This region would also match the area first conquered by the European, Romanov dynasty, according to Fomenko, becoming the homeland of the modern Russia.

Notice also how the region of Poland is completely buried by the old ice sheet. Might this account for why Poland is regarded historically by so many peoples as not a true nation? Might it be because it literally had no existence prior to the high middle ages?

This would also be consistent with Germany's emergence as nation quite late into modern times. Other nation states are born at the same time---true---but places like Italy and France have still a national history prior to becoming nation-states. This is not true of Germany.

I should also mention that Poland and the Moscovite Tartary are the home of the "Slavs" or Slaves. Given that these regions were populated by slaves, two questions immediately arise.
  • Where did the slaves come from?
  • Who were the masters?
Ishmael

I should like to share also with you Fomenko's contention regarding the name George---a name taken by so many of history's great Kings. Fomenko alleges that this name is the same name known to us as Genghis, the great Khan.

You may recall that I have long contented that the letters "r" and "n" are often interchanged in titles and maps. Fomenko is unaware of this but a simple transposition, using my hypothesis, is sufficient to transform Genghis into Gerghis.

But this word is also very similar to Gorge. And what does Gorge mean? It means, quite literally, "a narrow passage."

Now let's look again at that last map I posted. Notice the position of slavic Georgia. It's right between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. A narrow gap in itself, perhaps. But narrower still if the Muscovite Tartary was at some point occupied by an Ice Sheet---an Ice sheet that retreated for the first time in the Dark Ages, opening a "narrow gap" into Turkey.

Through this "narrow gap" marched the armies of the Great Khan on their way to Constantinople.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Very strange and very fascinating. Tartary seems to be lurking as it were behind the Himalayan range. Does Tartary = The Arctic?

Wiki has a map of the region dated 1806 which doesn't appear to have changed much

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/1806_Cary_Map_of_Tartary_or_Central_Asia_-_Geographicus_-_Tartary-cary-1806.jpg/500px-1806_Cary_Map_of_Tartary_or_Central_Asia_-_Geographicus_-_Tartary-cary-1806.jpg
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

There is a medieval period called, very tentatively, the Little Ice Age, supposed to coincide with the 13-14th centuries though nobody can agree on dates.

The 'possible causes' proposed for this phenomenon are, according to Wiki:
    Orbital cycles
    Solar activity
    Volcanic activity
    Ocean circulation
    Decreased human populations
    Increased human populations
    Inherent variability of climate

The climate has been cited as a cause for the Black Death in 1347 because the date of 1300-ish was conveniently the suggested start of this colder period though in folk-wisdom microbes are less active in cold conditions. I read that the bacillus was carried by tarbagan marmots, allegedly a Mongolian delicacy, and plague is still endemic in parts of Mongolia and China.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to:  
Page 8 of 9

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in