MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Megalithic Astronomy (Astrophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Did you know that if you take the speed of the earth round the sun and multiply it by 10,000 you get the speed of light? According to Civilisation One, by Knight & Butler, the Ancients knew this.

Actually, two completely different lines of enquiry are launched by this excellent book (recommended to me by our esteemed editor, Keimpe). First of all, how did our forebears know all this and second of all, how did the various aspects of the Solar System they prefigured in their mathematical systems come about anyway, eg that the Sun is four hundred times bigger than the Moon but 400 times further away and thus they both look the same size viewed from earth?
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Mick Harper wrote:
Did you know that if you take the speed of the earth round the sun and multiply it by 10,000 you get the speed of light?

How precise? That truly seems significant.

According to Civilisation One, by Knight & Butler, the Ancients knew this.

Perhaps I ought to read it.

...how did the various aspects of the Solar System they prefigured in their mathematical systems come about anyway

I know the answers to some of that.

...that the Sun is four hundred times bigger than the Moon but 400 times further away and thus they both look the same size viewed from earth?

I posted pictures of an eclipse here some time ago that, to my satisfaction, demonstrate that this is not the case; the moon is much smaller than the disc of the Sun when both are viewed from the earth.
Ishmael

The Earth's orbit speed is 29,785.89 m/s.

The speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s

Jeeeses H Christ.
Ishmael

Just as I think I have so much explained, something else comes along that just throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing!!! Argh!!!

I can't explain this.

Can it be coincidence??
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I am slightly disappointed by the lack of accuracy. What is the percentage of difference from 100,000? It looks less than 99 per cent to me. And, statisticians, when does significance attach?

As the authors often point out, all numbers are equally significant and this only shows that the solar system and speed of light was arranged to suit a decidigital observer!
Brian Ambrose

99.35% aint bad.

But yes, it is only a noteworthy coincidence in base 10... but then, we have ten fingers, so our hands are related to the speed of light!
Ishmael

Yes. But my own research, time and again, appears to show "base 10" to be woven into the fabric of the universe.
Ishmael

I don't know what to make of this.

My gut tells me it isn't to be dismissed. But I can't explain it. I don't think I ever will. Not in this lifetime.
Keimpe

In: Leeuwarden, Frisia

The book is a must read. It's filled cover-to-cover with amazing facts and discoveries. There's no point in discussing the material here without having read it, so if you have a few dimes to spare, please buy it. You won't be disappointed.

There's a lot of numerical/mathematical facts/finds. Now I've read a lot of mathematical mumbo-jumbo alternative theories ("did you know the height of the great pyramid in yards, divided by two is almost 98% equal to the width of the Niagara Falls in meters, which proves that native Indians must have crossed the ocean to build the pyramids?", that sort of stuff), but the numbers in this book are not speculative: they are real actual numbers that can be checked by anyone. And they are utterly astonishing.

And there's also a solution the authors come up with on how it may have been possible for the ancients to universally re-create the Megalithic Yard using very simple means. Very creative thinking.

http://www.amazon.com/Civilization-One-World-Not-Thought/dp/1907486097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314095093&sr=8-1

The sequel (Before the Pyramids) is equally fascinating. In that book some of the theory put forward in Civilization One is (to some extent) proven. Might as well save on shipping and buy them together.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

I was very interested to read their findings about the Sumerian se or barley corn/seed, used in weights and measures, is also a unit of length (a kush or cubit = 180 barley grains) which they equate with a Sumerian degree of the horizon.

Having described John the Baptist churches being in significant Megalithic locations I suggested he is also 'John Barleycorn' for no very good reason, so it went into a footnote. It all seems to tie in with Ishmael's 'John line' theory.
Ishmael

I keep think the word "Yan" is somehow an expression of a span in space. I don't know why I have that idea in my head. But if so, a Yan Barleycorn would be a Sumerian degree.
Ishmael

Of course one can get from Tzar (Zone) to John in just a few easy steps.

Tz = Th = Y

r = n

Tzar, Thar, Yar, Yan.

I've already suggested that the word "Year" is a form of Tzar.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Those of you who have read Civilization One‭ (‬as recommended by Keimpe‭) ‬will remember that the authors calculated the Earth's natural frequency at‭ ‬560‭ ‬Hz and later found this note to be fundamental to primitive tribal music from many parts of the world‭... (‬Abos have a sacred didgeridoo, of that particular frequency, with which they talk to the Earth‭)‬.

Anyway,‭ ‬I remembered reading (elsewhere) about the Hypogeum and how it was designed to resonate at a certain frequency, which had a measurable effect on brain activity. The notion being that chanting at that frequency would help induce a trance like state

When I looked up the web site again I found that the resonant frequency was actually‭ ‬110‭ -- ‬111‭ ‬Hz‭... ‬tantalizingly close to the‭ ‬112‭ ‬Hz that would be a perfect harmonic of‭ the Earth's ‬560‭ ‬Hz.‭

http://www.ancientmed.org/projects.htm
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Anyway,‭ ‬I remembered reading (elsewhere) about the Hypogeum and how it was designed to resonate at a certain frequency, which had a measurable effect on brain activity. The notion being that chanting at that frequency would help induce a trance like state

Chanting alone is probably not enough to effect an altered state, maybe a combination of rhythmic sound (e.g. drumming) together with food deprivation, incense, darkness, flickering fire/candle/torchlight?

There are several great cathedrals that get certain people very excited over resonances. It may be that stone, like rock, refracts sound waves though perhaps being in a 'sacred space' makes listeners predisposed to be awed.

[The Russians built a hermetically sealed chamber somewhere in Siberia, forget the name, to test magnetic resonances and the reported memory recall of participants is astonishing. Not that hermits' caves and saints' grottoes are necessarily magnetically charged but it's interesting that mental processes are so affected.]
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Measuring the circumference of the earth is tricky because the surface of the earth is bumpy: sea-level is (fairly) level but whenever land gets in the way the circumference increases. Therefore the Ancients were looking for the Great Circle (that is any circumference, not just the ones going from pole-to-pole) that maximised sea rather than land. Once found this would be the very minimum 'girdle round the earth' available anywhere.

So here's your task, kiddiewinks (and it is not available to those who already know the answer having read Who Built The Moon by our two featured authors, Knight & Butler, so keep it firmly buttoned until everybody's had their fun). You are to

1. Using your advanced computer tools (or a slightly deflated plastic globe), find the Great Circle that travels over the maximum amount of water and the minimum amount of land.
2. Having identified this circle compute the two points on earth that stand at the centre of this circle (there will be one in the northern hemisphere and one in the south) ie the point that is equidistant from the line you have just selected).
3. Choose the one that everybody's heard of!
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 4

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in