MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
llaw eht no rorrim rorrim (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemesis8

In: byrhfunt

ytivitaerc fo srewop ruoy tsoob ot desoppus si gntirw rorriM

.gnitirw rorrim dedulcni skoobeton icniV aD odranoeL dellac os eht fo (s)rohtua ehT

rotareneg txet esrever a gnisu yb gnitaehc ma I wonk I

This is not proper mirror writing at all.

Maybe i can reverse and flip upside down?

ɯɐʎqǝ ı ɔɐu ɹǝʌǝɹsǝ ɐup ɟןıd ndsıpǝ poʍu¿

Sort of.
nemesis8

N8 has previously posted on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boustrophedon

uopǝɥdoɹʇsnoq/ıʞıʍ/ƃɹo˙ɐıpǝdıʞıʍ˙uǝ//:dʇʇɥ uo pǝʇsod ʎןsnoıʌǝɹd sɐɥ 8u

mrof rorrim ni tsop uoy fi krow tnod sknil ehT

Its frustrating......
nemesis8

wording the flip can you Hey

Then mirror it.

yeH uoy nac pilf eht gnidrow
nemesis8

BOUSTREPHEDON>

The hand of the writer goes back and forth like an ox
gninrut dna dleif a ssorca hguolp a gniward
at the end of each row to return in the opposite direction
.("shguolp xo eht sa" ,.e.i)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<
nemesis8

Come on admit it, it makes sense. Traditional reading makes you jump round the page left, right, left going faster and faster.

Boustrephedon has a more natural rythmic flow.
redaer eht rof reisae ti edam sah retirw ehT

No more guessing or assumptions at the end of the line.
yllauqe detaert steg drow yreve

You are encouraged to read, with a sweeping motion at an even pace. Suddenly word order needs to be rethought.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

It does?

What is the purpose of this thread??
nemesis8

Ishmael wrote:
It does?

What is the purpose of this thread??

I suppose its about mirror symbolism and the origins of writing.
nemesis8

I thought it time to update on mirror writing.

I started mirror writing as part of a non scientic experiment to see whether it improves creative thinking.

The first few months nothing much happened, you slowly improve...

Then I started to notice it was slowly creeping into my thinking.

After awhile it became clear that the more you use mirror writing, the more you approach problems from differing angles. You take an argument, either your own or someone else's and you keep on flipping it in your mind.

You don't look to refine, complicate or improve, instead you simplify by reversing, or turning it on its head. (The answer mysteriously appears)

It's totally changed my approach.

I believe I have now reached the place that Hats refers to as....

CRAZY.

All I can say is that at first the results appeared very strange even to me. Now my ideas about place names, symbolism and history seem obvious. (to me).
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Ah, now je comprends. Yes, Nemo, you have been hunting the right thing after all. This is the essence of Applied Epistemology -- to use the mind to confound the brain.

Your experience is similar to mine when deliberately giving up the Guardian (liberal) and reading the Daily Telgraph (conservative) for six months. At first nothing happens, then everything happens, finally a new berth is reached much superior to either of the other two.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

nemesis8 wrote:
I believe I have now reached the place that Hats refers to as....

CRAZY.

I've seen it coming for some time.

Congratulations.
nemesis8

Yeah its great being off the meds.

You just say what you think.
nemesis8

You don't think mirror symbolism exists do you?

You are not really convinced, are you?

It is too much like hard work, and the snow is falling....

The wind is blowing, a wolf howls. Three crows are sitting on the wall.

Put down your weapons and gather round Nemo's fire.

I have a story for you. It's a very, very old story, set in the time when there was order.

I will start at the beginning......

Hermes was known to be a cunning trickster, stealing things from the other gods and hiding them in unbelievable locations.

The Journey

Back in the days when Hermes was still an infant, he once went out his cradle and set out for an adventure to Pieria in Northern Greece and steal the cattle from his half-brother Apollo.

Hermes discovered the herd very soon, so he started pulling the hoofs out of the cows' feet one by one and re-attaching them in the reverse order; the same he did to his own sandals. Then he took the herd, which now seemed to be walking backwards, hid them inside a cave and quickly returned to his cave in Mount Cyllene in Arcadia.

The Painful Discovery

Apollo soon found out his herd was missing and he went out searching all around. The traces he saw on his way were nothing but confusing and led the god to despair. Of course, Apollo was the god of prophecy, so he soon found out the thief and went furiously to Mount Cyllene to find Hermes in his cave. Little Hermes was peacefully sleeping inside his cradle, but Apollo didn't bother- he grabbed the infant and took him up to Mount Olympus to be judged by their master Zeus, the king of the gods.

The "Trial"

Before the eyes of Zeus, Hermes first denied everything, but in the end he had to confess. Zeus had found the story quite amusing so he didn't punish Hermes; he only asked from him to return the herd. Regretful of what he had done, Hermes then offered Apollo his lyre as a present, a musical instrument he had created all by himself out of the shell of a tortoise.
To compensate Hermes for his kindness, Apollo returned the gesture by giving Hermes a golden rod to guide the herds. From that moment on, there was peace again in Mount Olympus and a strong friendship began between Hermes and Apollo.

http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-gods/hermes/myths/hermes-apollo/

The fire roars, the crows have gone, the stars appear.
nemesis8

If you want to catch prey, (unless you opt for the mysterious method of the Harpoon...) then you need to track and funnel.

Most animals naturally run in a straightish direction, and so funnelling into a river bend or over a cliff is ideal.

Still finding prey can be difficult and a few days out of camp, you might be getting hungry.....

You come across some tracks.

You now have 3 choices.

1) You can continue your hungry pursuit.

2) You can return to camp, to be derided by the womenfolk, who will question your masculinity. Maybe you should start herding sheep? (Sheep with the exception of the Great White Ramsbottom are remarkably stupid..)

3) You can alter the odds by tricking your prey.....
nemesis8

Looks like we will be skulking back to camp, for the fungal chicken and pignuts....
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

This could be important, Nemesis. Any chance of a systematic treatment?
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 5

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in