MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Megalithic Saints (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

You haven't mentioned the 'careful ignoral'. As one of the most important finds for Denmark (not to mention Europe) they could probably have taken a sliver of one of the zillions of wood, bone, harness, textile and even board game fragments for a carbon test. We can send over a few hundred quid from AEL reserves if they can't afford one. But no, they prefer a gilded link of bronze for a dog-harness, decorated in the Jelling style, to date it all.

I know you'll think it's a coincidence too far but it was my dog's birthday the other week and I took him to Pets'R'Us as I do every year, to pick something out. "Have you got any dog harnesses?" I asked the assistant. "Yes, what style were you looking for? We've got some nice Jelling just come in." But my dog wouldn't hear of it, he just wanted a book token as per usual.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Jump to:  
Page 22 of 22

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in