MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paying For Megalithia (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemesis8

In: byrhfunt

If you're asking for our advice....

Just disregard what we say....

You are the Biz.

Go for it......
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

I'd buy it just for the cover.
Grant

Nineteen Ninety Five !!!!

I paid 50p for the last one
nemesis8

In: byrhfunt

nemesis8 wrote:
There were two slender spears of battle
upon the other side of the carlin
her face was blue-black, of the lustre of coal,
And her bone tufted tooth was like rusted bone.

In her head was one deep pool-like eye
Swifter than a star in winter
Upon her head gnarled brushwood
like the clawed old wood of the aspen root

These crones associated with black cheeks, grey hair, blood, one eye etc its all fire/beacon. imagery.

Still

Oh Dear.....

Another ?? post to add to my growing list.......

Another blindspot to work on.

Turned out she was a winter moon goddess.

Still.....
Rocky

Mick Harper wrote:
The back cover and back inside flap

Looks good. When's the release date?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

September 15th. There's already an Amazon site here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Megalithic-Empire-M-Harper/dp/0954291115/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335522730&sr=1-1
but they won't send anything out before that date.

However due to the wonders of modern printing technology Hatty and I will have a stock of copies as from about the 10th of May. Anybody who thinks they have rendered yeoman service to the Birth of the Book may send their names and addresses to either me or Hatty. But the rest of you, Rocky, will have to purchase it in the ordinary way. This is not because we are mean but because it is important that the book get into various Best Seller lists and even a few sales concentrated in a few days can have this effect.

LATE AMENDMENT, SEE BELOW
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

I would like a signed copy... It will increase its ebay value when you and Hatty achieve celeb status.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Unlike that other Notting Hill character (from the film) who signed so many copies that blank books were selling at a premium.
Grant

I've just pre-ordered a copy from Amazon.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Unfortunately I've just discovered that this is not a real site. Apparently, what unscrupulous companies do, when the first details of a forthcoming book appear on wholesalers list (which they have to six months in advance), is to open their own Amazon site. This is the way it works according to 'our people':

Books are listed onto Amazon in a variety of ways (although they appear to the consumer as one entry). What you are seeing here is some ‘re-sellers’ who acquire data and load the titles in the hope of securing orders which they will then attempt to secure stock for at a price that works for them! Please ignore this. .

My guess is that the scheme/scam works because review copies go out, get resold for a comparative trifle to middlemen and then on to you at full wack. I'd be grateful if you could report what happens in the fullness of time. Sorry if you are now a 19.95 guinea pig! For instance, did you make out the cheque to Amazon?

You live and learn in this business.
Grant

I bought it using my Amazon account. The email confirmation of the sale doesn't mention a re-seller, merely Amazon EU S.arL (which is the European branch of Amazon). Are you sure of your information?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Pretty sure. Amazon themselves, I am told, don't start sending books out from their own stock before the official release date, September 15th in this case. However, from the days when I was sending out copies of THOBR in little brown bags, via Amazon orders, your money goes to Amazon who then automatically stick it into the resellers bank account.

However, keep me informed of further developments as soon as they happen. Only I don't think they will happen any time soon. You can, if you like, bombard 'Amazon' with complaints since they must know what is happening. But keep me informed.
Grant

Is £19.95 too much then? How much will your tome go for?
Grant

I've just cancelled my order. I trust you will tell us when to order your book for the maximum sales effect!
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Glad to hear it and will do. However you'll still have to pay the same price in the end.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  
Page 7 of 8

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in