MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paying For Megalithia (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Book arrived today.

That's one hell of a good looking cover... The whole thing looks and feels very polished and professionally.

Congratulations to you both. It deserves to be a best seller.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Thank you, Chad, very cheering. You're the first, discounting family, to see it though I suppose you've been primed. Let the shock waves begin.
Grant

Just finished reading book - it's going to be a classic. Well done, both of you.

First, I really admire the ambition, the way you start by explaining Stonehenge! No preamble, just a simple demonstration of how stone circles were used. Anyone interested in megalithic times will surely be gripped by this explanation, even if they are sceptical - which the upholders of orthodoxy, of course, will be. Then the Michael line and so many other ideas much discussed in this blog - leaving out some of the more outlandish ones I'm glad to see.
The folklore stuff in the middle was fascinating - Harriet's I presume - and served to help me catch my breath . Then back into the wild frontier of ideas with Megalithic terraforming, animal breeding, North American Indians and pre-Roman roads. Then that's it - over as quickly as it started.

A summary chapter might have been nice but I think you were right to end it as breathlessly as it began. You need the book to become a cult classic, read by undergraduates. A summary at the end would have slowed it all down. (Great that you managed to include an index though.)

This book will be seen as a clarion call for the next generation of archaeologists to start looking for evidence of the Megalithic Empire.

In short, bloody brilliant.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

That's the first positive feedback! Great.

Let us know if you think of anyone who might have megalithic leanings, there aren't many around.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to:  
Page 8 of 8

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in