MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Newton's (F)laws (Astrophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPCrisp

In: Bedfordshire

Its orbit cannot predict its mass or composition.

Finally. Yes, correct.

comets are not icy dirt balls or dirty ice balls as universal gravitation says they should be.

Who says this?

It cannot predict the matter and mass of any object universally without resorting to more unverifiable mathematical solutions.

Are you saying the orbits of satellites do not give values of GM for each planet, that the values do not agree with each other, that the orbits are not ellipses, that the mass of Earth can not be determined...?

Black Holes, Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Gravity Waves, Higg's Bosons and a plethora of imaginary and unprovable concepts have been given the illusion of proven facts by using mathematical logic.

That may well be true, but let's stick to one issue at a time. Not that there is any such thing as "mathematical logic".
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

comets are not icy dirt balls or dirty ice balls as universal gravitation says they should be.

Who says this?

Yes, I'd like to know too since orthodoxy claims that this ice is the origin of the earth's water! Since SCUM says something quite different, it would be neat if there was no water on comets (or on asteroids, as a programme on telly claimed last night). What did Giotto, or whomsoever European probe sent to investiatge, say on the matter?
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Komorikid wrote:
NASA's latest EPOXI mission to Comet Hartley 2 has reconfirmed this. It is a solid rock composed of material indistinguishable from asteroids. Its orbit cannot predict its mass or composition.

This has nothing to do with Newton's laws.
DPCrisp

In: Bedfordshire

Yes, my question was about the "as universal gravitation says they should be" part.
Ishmael

Interesting data concerning the composition of comets.

Surprise at a Comet Visited by NASA: A Snowstorm

I wonder what affords them the certainty that this is in fact water ice?

They say the carbon dioxide is "primordial" -- meaning it has survived from the creation of the comet.

Now I don't know about you but I think that extremely unlikely. Given a finite supply of any substance, it is infinitely more probable to encounter any single one-time reservoir after it has been exhausted.

Though some might argue it is inevitable that some reservoirs would remain, and that by probing comets we are selecting for the active reservoirs. Perhaps. But the only true inevitability is that all reservoirs must eventually be exhausted and the odds continue to favor us living in the time when they are.

So that any reservoirs persist I consider still an anomaly.

I therefore suggest that the carbon dioxide and water on comets is being renewed and that the basis of this renewal cannot be any exhaustible energy source.

What is the source?

Carbon dioxide is being produced from Oxygen.
Oxygen is being produced by photosynthesis.
Ishmael

The carbon dioxide jets are coming off the two lobe-shaped ends of the comet

Two "lobe shaped ends".

Fascinating!

I now further suggest that what we see here is a miniaturized version of another process I have hypothesized: This one body is the product of two smaller bodies having conjoined via a liquid rock probiscus extending from one to the other under the influence of magnetic force.
Ishmael

This may mean that, for reasons not yet deciphered, the middle part of the comet does not contain much carbon dioxide, and thus the water ice in it can warm into vapor.

The central axis is sold rock. The two spherical ends are hollowed bulbs left empty by the expulsion of the iron-rich magma that now forms the bridge between them.
Ishmael

Changed my mind about photosynthesis.

However, solar energy is powering a biological process of some kind, which is producing carbon dioxide. The comet is not being consumed by this process.

The comet is the shelter for the creatures within, which are converting heat or radiation into food. More than one type of creature is present. A rich ecology lives within each of the spheres.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Jump to:  
Page 11 of 11

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in