MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just a thought (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

OK I am off to get some serious feedback elsewhere.

I might even bump into Mick again operating under a different name!

There is nothing wrong with a serious discussion over genes, but it is now very mainstream. You can't be radical just by going on about genes and criticising Correctness. Only pseuds do that.

One man's THOBR is another's The origins of the British.

These geneticists have put the work in, the science is there, and they are getting interesting results.

You lot, (the CGI tendency) if you are serious, should start a new approach to genetics OR come clean admit to joining them (state your sources) OR and this is the hard part.... take them on.

I did, and I learnt a lot. It took me months to read TOOTB and many months to think through and explain his chronology from an alternative perspective.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
OK I am off to get some serious feedback elsewhere.

I don't want to sound harsh Wiley, but (like your alter ego N8) you do tend to tiptoe round the houses in tiny steps... so people can't quite figure out where you're going, become distracted (or irritated) and wander off in other directions.

You are an original thinker, but if you have something interesting to discuss, get on and discuss it... hold people's attention... pull them back on track. You cant expect feedback if nobody knows where you are heading.

...It took me months to read TOOTB and many months to think through and explain his chronology from an alternative perspective.

Been there, done that...

I doubt there is a single contributor to this site who hasn't re-visited and re-evaluated the (very valuable) data in TOOTB in light of what they have learnt subsequent to first reading... I know I have.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Very sage, Chad. However I do deplore all this very laboured "joshery". Wiley, I'd be very glad to hear of these "serious feedbacks elsewhere". In all my years of experience I've never found a discussion group worth my while (I've found a few to lecture to) and I'd quite like to supplement this one.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
I did, and I learnt a lot. It took me months to read TOOTB and many months to think through and explain his chronology from an alternative perspective.

Tootb?
Wile E. Coyote

The Origins Of The British by Openheimer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL7nCM5itg
Wile E. Coyote

Mick Harper wrote:
Very sage, Chad. However I do deplore all this very laboured "joshery". Wiley, I'd be very glad to hear of these "serious feedbacks elsewhere". In all my years of experience I've never found a discussion group worth my while (I've found a few to lecture to) and I'd quite like to supplement this one.

Will let you know if anyone else is up to the job. Come to think about it last time we met on the Physics forum you're right, you didn't get much response.....Looks like we suffer the same problem....
Wile E. Coyote

Chad the idea that you need directing, or leading to the other side of the bank......

OK there are others who favour this type of lecturing/mapping out approach, and they do it much much better than me. I aint gonna copy them.

Presumably if they provide you lot a safe route, you all intend to hop over?

I treat you as equals by providing stepping stones that lead to the middle of the river.

Hats has sort of worked out (damn her) that I have a very strict method of deciding what constitutes a key stone. In fact to my eyes you lot are trying to join up random stones, whereas I have consistent starting points...

The point of my threads is that you are challenged to jump insanely from these stones against Wiley.

If, as many, you wisely choose not to jump from these stones, (they are after all not your starting points, so why would you?) you wont make a fool of yourself, and you get the chance to laugh at Wiley as he plunges in the water (again).

The only thing I ask.... is if you are brave or stupid enough to take on Wiley, on his terrain, you dont follow him, you dont jump back to the bank, you dont tell Wiley when or where to jump, or (the worst crime) repeatedly jump towards a familiar stone. (unless you are then planning something spectacular...)

Given that this is to encourage experimentation, originality....

Highest marks are given for glorious failure eg aiming for an unusual stone, slipping, cracking your skull open, falling into the water, being swept over a waterfall, eaten by a shark and finally drowning.

Then of course you try the same stone again.....

Wiley.......
Ishmael

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
I treat you as equals by providing stepping stones that lead to the middle of the river.

That's mighty white of you!
Ishmael

Frankly. I don't even know what we did to piss him off.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in