MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Exercise kills! (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grant

Not just heart attacks.

The journalist Andrew Marr has, of course, just suffered a stroke. He was a keen jogger and marathon runner and all that stuff. The next day on BBC Breakfast TV they had an interview with a stroke victim aged about thirty. "You're not a typical stroke victim" asked the lovely Louise Minchin. "No" he said, " I had been for a nice run only the previous day..."

Of course this is merely anecdotal, but so were the fears about smoking fifty years ago.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Those who watched Andrew Marr this morning will know he actually ruptured a carotid artery during a vigorous session on a rowing machine, leading to a major stroke.

(Just pass me that bacon butty luv... I don't want to exert myself climbing off the couch.)
Ishmael

In: Toronto

The world again catches up with Mick Harper.

New Research Says Endurance Running May Damage Health
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in