MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

This Week's Shopping News

Two for £3.50 with your Tesco Card

Mick Harper
Site Admin

This Week's Cooking Suggestions

What do you do with forty seasoned minced chicken balls coated in a golden panko crumb?
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

I see Antony Gormley has decided to leave the country because of Brexit. He plans to move to Germany, but as a farewell geture he plans to erect a group of seven huge sculptures, made from iron slabs, on the coast of Brittany near a neolithic site at Barnenez. Gormley is of course known for his statues made from casts taken from that exceptionally famous sculptor, Antony Gormley.

In the megalithic ancient past, there were massive signposts that dominated the landscape of the small folk. So what could be more natural than for our most famous sculptors to eventually seek to put their own image amd message on these, rather than a crappy ancient saint, hero, king or queen?

You take your pick which statue to worship, an iconic massive statue to fascism in Rome, or plump iron Queen Vics dotted in seaside Britain, or a giant abstract megalithic weeping Gormley, looking with regret towards Britain.If only we had listened to him, or not had a democratic vote, we wouldn't have to see his statues.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Cracked it. Put some oven chips on a baking tray. You will see there are spaces between the chips. Put chicken poppers in the spaces. Twenty minutes at mark... well I haven't cracked that yet. But on. Her Majesty's reign began with Coronation Chicken so I'm calling this Platinum Chicken.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Otis Redding, Solomon Burke or Wilson Pickett?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

When I was a Lewisham lad, you knew where you were with a Maryland cookie. It was a biscuit. An OK biscuit but not a source of chocolate. Which was incidental. There would be one bit normally, two bits was common but three was a matter of guarding it from siblings. (To be fair, none was sufficiently rare to be passed round for comment.)

After some decades of Maryland abstention, I bought a pack on special offer. You could scarce see the biscuit for the profusion of bits. I was sick to my stomach. Not because of the chocolate, but for the passing of days.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Mick Harper wrote:
Otis Redding, Solomon Burke or Wilson Pickett?

I reckon Leon Bridges is certainly up there with the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTrKkqE9p1o
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Joke of the Day

Any halfway decent Greek hoplite army would have made mincemeat of the English at Agincourt. We were still ‘pushing pike’ in the English Civil War two hundred and fifty years after that. But be fair. We won every battle in that war.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I don't get many claps on medium.com but I suddenly got sixty-four of them for commenting on this yesterday

Stevie Nicks: Botox Makes You Look Like You’re in a Satanic Cult
How many times have you seen a celebrity’s plastic surgery and thought, ‘oh no’?

Mick Harper wrote:
For some people it's not really a choice. Since we demand our female frontmen to be attractive and we don't find old people attractive, they have to go under the knife. Or employ body doubles as Mick Jagger has been doing for some years now. He's still backstage singing, you will be relieved to hear.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Wyle E Coyote wrote:
I reckon Leon Bridges is certainly up there with the best.

I had forgotten, watching a retrospective on Sky Arts, that Sam Cooke was not just up there, he was way past.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Don't you feel sorry for people who get so few emails they start going through their spam folder?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

One day on and Stevie Nicks has got the clap 111 times. At this rate I will have received congratulations from half the world's population by the 1st of July.

I must concentrate on the popular arts in future. It's the way Applied Epistemology must go. We've been committing that mortal sin complained of by Conservative MP's, being too clever by half.
Grant

Why don’t you try TikTok? My TikTok feed consists of large bosomed women flirting at the camera (apparently there’s an algorithm which works out what you linger over and gives you lots more of it).
I’d welcome a few AE posts
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you're asking. I'm not big-bosomed if that's what you mean. Anyway TikTok is a Chinese stalking horse. Ironically it actually means 'stalking horse' in the Pinyan dialect of Cantonese.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

This Weeks's Shopping & Medical News

1.. I ran out of washing up liquid and since this is not something you buy every week, I put it on my shopping list. Since I don't need a shopping list for things I do buy every week, I had to put down a few other things on it as well. You'd look a right looney walking round with a one-item shopping list. "What's next? Oh, yes..."

2. Towards the end I consulted the list and saw only 'toilet paper' was left. I asked the bloke where it was this week (they move it around as a loss leader) and he took me there personally.

3. As I was making my judicious selection -- a friend has put me on to Ultra-Quilt -- I realised I had plenty of toilet paper and that I had written 'toilet paper' on my list rather than 'washing-up liquid'. I can sort of see they might get confused but it's a worry.

4. I bought some Patak poppodoms and sat on one. It's another worry. I normally manage to avoid doing this without difficulty.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 176, 177, 178  Next

Jump to:  
Page 126 of 178

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in