MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Shopping News

Wagon wheels have been around since before anyone now alive was born. Hence nobody knows what 'mallow-flavour' means. Presumably the manufacturers don't know either and are nervous about their mallow supplies running out. Whether for this reason or some other, they have launched jam-flavoured wagon wheels. No information from the packaging what kind of jam, it just says 'jammie'.

Quaite naice but they lack that heritage taste you get on the tongue with the original.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

It looks like the manufacturers are admitting that their mallow does not come from the marsh plant. It won't be the traditionalist medicinal remedy for a sore throat. You will have to go for a Wagon Wheel Jammie, Fisherman Friend combo for that......
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

If the Colston statue had been the Sackler statue nobody would give a monkeys, it's entirely confected.

When the Tate got rid of the Sackler Octagon gallery, where was the upset, everybody thought it was a good thing.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Some well-wishers expressed concern when I bought a Tesco Barbecue Special consisting of fourteen reduced price jumbo sausages on a silvery tray. They knew fine well I lacked a barbecue, a stripy apron and people saying nervously, "All right, I'll try one of those." If a child under six, "You mean the jumbo sausages? Do your parents mind you eating elephant meat?"

There was no cause for alarm. A strict regimen of three sausages a day with mash or other suitable potato accompaniment has left me today, the day before my next Tesco trip, with just two left. Being jumbo means two dog sandwiches. One for lunch and one for tea, leaving my evening free to choose something, possibly fishy, from the freezer cabinet.

The freedom to choose being the optimal factor after a week of what can only be called, in hindsight, sausage-diktat. All in all a worthwhile experiment but not one, I feel, to be repeated in the near future.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I set my alarm for four a.m. to catch Microsoft out and sure enough

13 degrees Partly sunny.
Gotcha!
Mick Harper
Site Admin

My medium.com experiences continue to throw up amusements. This article caught my attention

Trump’s Cronies Are Plotting a Coup Caren White
Their goal is to remove Biden from office and reinstate Trump as president
https://medium.com/politically-speaking/trumps-cronies-are-plotting-a-coup-92ff7278408a

It was the usual liberal paranoia about the barbarians being at the gate so I put in an equally routine piece of mockery

Goodness me, you do live in an exciting country. Here in jolly old England we have had to put up with not having a government overthrown since 1649. It's good to hear that you guys have only had to wait two hundred and fifty years before one of yours is due for the banana republic treatment. You must send us the recipe.

So I was surprised when the author gave it a clap. The irony, as is so often the case with both Americans and liberals, had passed her by. The fact that I later remembered we had a government overthrown as recently as 1688 had passed me by but I decided not to correct it on the grounds that English history has passed most people by.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

My medium.com experiences continue to throw up 'followers'. I have more there than I have ever had here. Exponential or what?
    Apr 2022 14
    Mar 2022 12
    Feb 2022 9
    Jan 2022 6
    Dec 2021 3
    Nov 2021 2
    Oct 2021 1
    Sep 2021 1
    Aug 2021 1
    Jul 2021 1

Someone should teach me how to do lists sometime. And the meaning of exponential.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

But I lost 2.3K fans because of this

Living in Shitty Racist England It was once an empire, now it is a failed state. Liam M 2.3K followers
https://medium.com/the-bad-influence/living-in-shitty-racist-england-c41223974493

It was a pretty fearsome rant but this I thought was a step too unfair

Most of the English citizens only care about two things, football and beer. They get drunk and treat others like shit. Especially if they’re not white, Brits love a good racist football chant

Mick H: I'll believe the rest of your evidence if you can tell me where this happened. I've never heard one in all my years of attending football matches.
Liam M: If you Google “racist British football chants” you’ll find your evidence there. And plenty of it.
Mick H: So that’s a 'no', then.
Liam M: No, it’s a solid 'yes'.
A Grumpy Computer Scientist: Are you thick or you don't have google?
Mick H: It’s a combination.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Today I had to look up synonyms for 'synonymous'. I feel I have passed some kind of milestone.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I just had to do it again. It's become a long and winding road.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

This being Brighton-set, it is disgraceful they are not all green gays.

Remind you of anything? Exactly. Whatever happened to the greengage. When I were a jammy dodger you couldn't get any other sort. Now they're an endangered species.

"Pound of greengages, please."
"With or without the apostrophe's?"
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Imagine you're the biggest tobacco company in the world and you know this twat who vapes enormous amounts of the most common strength of the most common flavour of your most common e-cigarette and he's paying the earth for them and they cost pennies to manufacture and you've persuaded the twat to take out a standing order and all you have to do is to send them to him on the same day every month but you think to yourself, no, he's a twat, let's have a bit of fun by every month not doing this.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Though it may be me going over my overdraft limit and them waiting to be paid that might have had something to do with it. You can never fathom the mind of giant multinational drug lords.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

the number of Christian pastors who are seriously considering leaving the ministry sits at a staggering 42%, according to a very recent survey by Barna, up from 29% just a year ago.

I occasionally muse about who goes into the ministry. Not being very faithful myself, I always supposed it was 'just a job'. Ill-paid, long hours, poor prospects were only part of it -- the high educational qualifications and long training (do they get grants?) ruled most of the population out. But necessary, I suppose, because one essential element of the job was writing and delivering sermons of quite breathtaking textuality. The pastoral side, though off putting, could be done by any reasonably sympathetic housewife. But not by many men.

So why do they do it? Or why, it seems, are they not doing it? I will think on't or await responses as God wills it.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

But no! After eating mountains of humble pie apologising to the largest tobacco company in the world for not having the requisite funds in my account, the very sweet lady stopped me in mid-pie. "We haven't actually processed your order yet on account of the bank holiday rushing us all off our feet. You have to remember we're a mickey mouse outfit and nobody told us about these 'bank holidays'. You'll be getting your vypes some time next week or the week after. What does it matter, it's not as if our customers are addicts or anything. Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?"
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 176, 177, 178  Next

Jump to:  
Page 124 of 178

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in