MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

We're on Australian Amazon in the Books & Other Hobbies section

Missing Persons : Harper, M J: Amazon.com.au: Books Hello, Sign in. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. Cart
https://www.amazon.com.au/Missing-Persons-M-J-Harper/dp/095463114X - Rank 48 - this is relevant | irrelevant

Don't worry, it's the right way up. I've checked.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

A million people will be attending the Iowa Sate Fair Al-Jazeera

"Mom, can we go to the state fair?"
"Which state fair is that, darling?"
"Iowa."
"Where's that, darling?"
"I don't know, mom."
"Oh well, jump in the car, we'll ask on the way."
Mick Harper
Site Admin

If you want a truly breathtaking account of the American Dream, I give you... Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame. Talk about the slings and arrows. https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/the-tragic-life-and-struggles-of-colonel-sanders-2e1f685c34b5
Mick Harper
Site Admin

More from Amazon country. The number available is constantly creeping up, it's now nine, as the sales steadily fall. Missing Persons has passed the 400,000th best selling mark which means it has not sold a copy for about ten days, not even the one I bought for a technical adviser five days ago. [We have though sold a dozen or so to the non-Amazonian world.] But one piece of good/bad news is that I am no longer in soft furnishings. The book is now considered primarily to be about the Business of Art, secondarily Antiques & Collectables and tertiaralily Archaeology. But overall it's classified as

Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences >> Social Sciences >> Archaeology

even though I opted for History (General) and nothing else, to avoid confusion. Big mistake. I should have opted for Soft Furnishings which would have given me a shot at the History (General) market.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Only 13 left in stock (more on the way)

I'm not supposed to mention this but a source in Unison tells me that a forklift truck at Milton Keynes is "on more or less permanent M J Harper standby".
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

It's Brexit.

If only you had cracked on and launched before December 2020, you would now be famous.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

For what exactly? In my line of work, it's generally held that being non-famous is better than being in-famous.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Only 15 left in stock (more on the way).

What's the hold up? Mexican bandits on the A41(M)?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I'm an impulse shopper but also a trend hound so when I spotted "It's new from Drive Thru Originals [lack of hyphen in the original] Baker Street 4 Classic Hot Dog Rolls" I thought to myself, 'What's Baker Street got to do with it? Was Sherlock Holmes a fast food fiend? Did they have drive-through anythings in the 1890's? Is it a play on the word Baker? Who's ever made that connection?' But then I noted "Pre-Cut" [hyphen now included]. You can't say fairer than that so, collecting some German beech-smoked frankfurters en route, I made for home. The next bit you're going to find hard to believe so I'm going to pause it there for a while to allow all of us to recharge our expectations from life.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

They were pre-cut all right. The wrong way! I've been eating hot dogs all my life and the bread bit is always cut down the middle from the top. It has to be because, unlike hamburgers, frankfurters are cylindrical and would roll out (no pun, maybe a small pun) if you did it any other way. You can imagine what chaos the rest of the weekend was reduced to as I came to terms with The New Topology. I'm under a lot of pressure as it is. Have I mentioned that?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In view of the sales figures we've had no alternative but to bring out a Comics Illustrated version. I've ramped up the story line a bit, Hatty's done the pix. That's her with the beard.

In MISSING PERSONS, available from Markosia Enterprises on August 23rd, 2021, a team of history’s most fabled thieves and convicts are plucked from time to stage the biggest bank robbery in history.

Grant

I’ve finished the book. It’s brilliant. I wanted to tell Amazon but they won’t let me post a review as I don’t spend $50 a year on Amazon books. When did that rule come in?

I’ll find something else to the value of 22 dollars and post a review soon
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You are the first person, as far as we know, to have finished the book. It is not the 'brilliant' that is so important (though important) as the finishing of it. Your wartime hostilities-only rank has been made permanent.
Grant

Your ideas are so good it’s so frustrating that you can’t get them across to the unthinking world of academe. YouTube might be the answer but what about an old-fashioned idea - pamphlets?

Pamphlet 1 - Casanova did not exist
Pamphlet 2 - Pepys and Evelyn
etc
Ishmael

In: Toronto

I can't get it. I don't think Amazon delivers to Tanzania.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 176, 177, 178  Next

Jump to:  
Page 109 of 178

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in