MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

I've just received a message saying my copy has been dispatched. It's coming tomorrow (6th Aug). Well today technically given it's after midnight.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Why are people so pedantic? By the way, when I said Aa to Ab I didn't mean 'inclusive'. Though obviously it does include all the Aa's.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

N R Scott wrote:
I've just received a message saying my copy has been dispatched. It's coming tomorrow (6th Aug). Well today technically given it's after midnight.

I wondered why the guy from Amazon had 3 copies and was asking for directions to Middlesbrough. He is probably trekking along Ermine Street as I post. You can thank me when he arrives.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Great Coincidences of Our Time (or are they?)

'Rawalpindi' appears in both of my last two books. Both refer to notable British military disasters with hapless bravery connotations but are two quite different events, separated by a hundred years and taking place on opposite sides of the world.

Come together!
Right now! Over me.
Grant

I have the book! I must say it looks an impressive tome, proper hardback and all.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

For fuck's sake, Grant, haven't you finished it yet?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Now that sales have ceased -- it has reached 440,000th best selling book in a steady parabola that started from 23,000 a week ago -- the Amazon algorithm has decided it's safe to jettison the anchors

FREE delivery: Wednesday, Aug 11
Fastest delivery: Tuesday, Aug 10
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way)

Thank God it's selling like hot bricks on the Dark Web. Though it's costing me a small fortune in crack cocaine wraps that come free with every copy.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

But here's a strange Amazonian experience. I got a phone call telling me if I wanted to end (or it may have been renew) my membership of Prime I should do such and such. I put the phone down as you do but I 'instituted enquiries' as we say in the Met and discovered I was indeed a member of Prime. Which nonplussed me as I wasn't. I had joined Prime many years ago in order to watch a Philip K Dick series otherwise unavailable but that was via a free thirty day offer and which, after a quick check with the CRO, I had duly cancelled in good time.

Anyway, since this is a pastiche of Police Five with Shaw Taylor, long story short, it turned out that some time ago I had been asked, in all innocence, whether I wanted something delivered via Prime and I had dutifully pressed the 'no thanks' button but when I was told sometime later in the process that it was being delivered via Prime I had decided, whoever's error it was, it was too much of a pfaff to correct it.

Big mistake. I was going to be paying £79.95 a year for the rest of my life without knowing it and without therefore availing myself of any of the Prime benefits. Only now I'm not because, thanks to that nuisance phone call, I discovered not only is there a little button that says "I want to end my Prime membership" but Prime replied, "We are returning £46.83 to your bank account because that is the unused portion of your annual membership fee". Which was pretty decent of them, I thought.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Saturday is leaving-the-flat day and leaving the flat day means keeping a weather eye on the weather. Only I can't on account of living in a basement in a concrete jungle. For years I have relied on people carrying umbrellas or not but this system is flawed because round here nobody goes out when it's raining. We're not country people.

So I've invested in a real-time precipitation indicator which is on a strip along the bottom of my computer. I was watching it like a hawk when suddenly the rain drop thingies disappeared. I was just rising when lo! they re-appeared. You've got to admit, that's impressive. Unless it sensed I was rising. That would be even more impressive though not in a good way.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

They've gone. And so am I... I promise you the raindrops re-appeared as I was typing this.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Wow, this is spooky. They went away but re-appeared as I was thinking, "Good, at last." So we're talking interception of brain wave patterns.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

No, sorry, I was looking at the One Drive Up to Date icon which is rather similar. This might have been what was happening all the time.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Amazon agree with me that maybe sales have been on the slow side lately so they've slashed the price to drum up some business

Buy new:
£17.52
RRP: £20.00
Save: £2.48 (12%)

They also agree with me that it's delivery time that's the major difference between me and the Sunday Times Hot One Hundred

FREE delivery: Tuesday, Aug 10
Fastest delivery: Tomorrow
Order within 8 hrs

and it's working. I am now in the Amazon Hot One Hundred Thousand. But they are vexed at me for leaving Prime

Yes I want unlimited delivery with Prime
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Buy new:
£17.52
RRP: £20.00
Save: £2.48 (12%)

Just ordered mine at this bargain price... (with free next day delivery).

Given me a warm glow, like when you find a prawn sandwich in Tesco that's been reduced by 50% because it's about to go off.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

What the....

....fuck ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/M.-J.-Harper/e/B09798C8VM?ref_=dbs_p_pbk_r00_abau_000000
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 177, 178, 179  Next

Jump to:  
Page 107 of 179

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in