MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Great Copenhagen Cock-up (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Komorikid

In: Gold Coast, Australia

Ish wrote:

Simple logic matrix.

Cutting back on fossil fuel consumption will depress the world economy whether Global Warming is a real problem or not.
Global Warming might depress the world economy if it turns out to be real.

Obviously, the only safe bet is to carry on as normal.

I'm with Ish on his first point. Cutting back on cheap readily available energy sources that have seen the nations who use it make a quantum leap in development would be a disaster for western economies and would retard the development of the developing economies.

Wind, solar and geothermal will never compete on a level playing field. Europe and the UK have gone down this road for a decade and it is an abject failure. Spain is virtually bankrupt, Denmark still has to use fossil fuelled power to supplement its heavily subsidised wind farms. Germany is now going to build six new fossil fuelled power stations because they can't supply enough energy in the future. Energy prices in the UK and Europe have more than doubled in ten years and most of the revenue has gone in subsidies not in R&D on new sources of energy. The carbon trading market has crashed to be one tenth of the original carbon offset price.

And for what, the possible increase in world temperatures of less than 1° C by 2100. Temperature predictions we now know are based on totally flawed science.

I'll agree to the second point when the following evidence is presented by science based on observation and not Play Station assumptions.

1.Show me the empirical science that conclusively proves that CO2 has any major effect on world climate.

2.Show how the Stefan-Boltzmamm equation has any relevance in describing a multi-variate interlocking non linear chaotic system.

3.Show me the empirical evidence that the pre industrial level of CO2 was 280ppm.

Storms, drought, hurricanes, ice melting and the thousands of other natural occurrences that happen worldwide ARE NOT EVIDENCE of Global Warming they are merely evidence of storms, droughts etc happening on a regular basis.

The mass hysteria that has plagued the world for the last two decades has finally be outed for what it really is -- a giant fraud.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Show me the empirical science that conclusively proves that CO2 has any major effect on world climate.

Thank the C02-filled heavens for Aussie cool. We were treated to an experiment on TV to prove conclusively C02 warms the atmosphere by at least a couple of degrees. Two samples of air, one 'contaminated' by human breath, the other taken from a windswept shore, were heated in glass containers not much bigger than a milk bottle. Not surprisingly it worked -- but this was supposed to represent the worldwide situation.

Trouble is, the presenter was so likeable and well-meaning that it seemed churlish to disagree and the whole thing was lent gravitas by being on a serious, highly respected current affairs programme.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in