MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Atlantis, the Great Flood & all that (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mick Harper wrote:
How can you have a sudden flooding associated with the end of an ice age? Did the glaciers melt in a day and a night?

How about sudden and catastrophic releases of flood water from glaciers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacial_lake_outburst_flood
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

You mean a lake bursts and the Atlantic Ocean rises by several thousand feet? Only academics needing to save a paradigm could believe that.
Boreades

How about sudden and catastrophic releases of flood water from the Pacific Ocean?
Boreades

Or a sudden release of meltwater north of what's now the North Sea, and Doggerland is lost. Along with thousands of square miles of low-lying fertile land that could have supported a large population.

The Doggerland = Atlantis theory.

A recent documentary on BBC4 featured the Chariot Burials in East Yorkshire. They remarked how strange it is that Chariot Burials are found there but nowhere else in Britain. The nearest place you do find them is the Parisii region. Which then glossed over another curiosity. Trad.Archeos in Britain say the Yorkshire Parisii came from the French Parisii. Whereas Trad.Archeos on the mainland say the French Parisii came from the north. Unless they were all going "this way, that way, backwards and forwards across the North Sea", how about they are both remnants of folks from Altantis/Doggerland that had chariots?

Maybe it was only the folks that had chariots that could escape the flood waters? After which, chariots would be even more highly prized.
Boreades

And a picture.

Ishmael

In: Toronto

If I may be skeptical for a moment...

What are the chances that interest in Doggerland arose in synchronicity with interest in the modern European unification movement?
Boreades

Ishmael wrote:
What are the chances that interest in Doggerland arose in synchronicity with interest in the modern European unification movement?

Gasp! Do you mean that Disappearing Doggerland was the the proto-UN/EC Agenda 21 depopulation move? ;-)

Now, that would be a Grand Conspiracy Theory. :-)
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Boreades wrote:
Maybe it was only the folks that had chariots that could escape the flood waters? After which, chariots would be even more highly prized.

Some support for Doggerland being flooded by a tsunami ~6000BC. If the melting glaciers had already raised sea levels to the critical point of broaching the dykes, a tsunami caused by part of Norway collapsing into the sea would have literally washed the land away...

Low Hauxley dig reveals evidence of ancient tsunami
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-23779202

The moment Britain became an island
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12244964

However, this is being spun for all its worth by the government owned pro-Europe BBC (Bullshit Beats Clarity), so Ishmael is correct in being suspicious of the whole premise.
Boreades

Da-da-da-daaaa!

Breaking News! Doggerland Forests Found!

Diver finds 10,000-year-old forest which originally stretched as far as Europe hidden under the North Sea.

A shocked diver has found an incredible 10,000-year-old pre-historic forest under the North Sea and experts believe it could have once stretched as far as Europe. Diver Dawn Watson, 45, discovered the remarkable 'lost forest' when she was diving just 300 metres off the coast of Cley next the Sea, Norfolk. She found complete oak trees with branches measuring eight metres long under the sea and experts believe they have been hidden off the coast of Norfolk since the Ice Age. The forest is believed to have become exposed following the stormy weather last winter. Ms Watson said she was 'absolutely thrilled' with find off Cley next the Sea.

Ms Watson, who has been diving in the North Sea for about 16 years, said the trees are thought to have formed part of a huge forest, measuring thousands of acres. But it is believed the forest was drowned when the ice caps melted and the sea level rose 120 metres. The fallen trees are now lying on the ground where they have formed a natural reef, which is teaming with colourful fish, plants and wildlife

Not a shock for us, of course, as we would expect things like this to be discovered eventually.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2925776/Shocked-diver-finds-amazing-10-000-year-old-FOREST-hidden-North-Sea-originally-stretched-far-Europe.html

Ishmael

Tilo Rebar wrote:
However, this is being spun for all its worth by the government owned pro-Europe BBC (Bullshit Beats Clarity), so Ishmael is correct in being suspicious of the whole premise.

On the contrary, I'm certain it happened.

But not for the reasons they say.

What all of us had forgotten about, until I put it together very recently, is that shifting the pole, as often as not, inverts up with down. Land that was high sinks low. Rivers reverse their courses and flow back, what used to be, uphill. The evidence for this is absolutely everywhere.

The reason is tied directly to the gravity-reversing effects of the tidal bulge round the Earth's middle. This bulge is the secret key to geography.
Boreades

Re the tidal bulge, you need to see this animation of where the oceans go if the earth's spin is reduced or stops.

http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0610/nospin.html
Ishmael

Yes. I have seen this.

When I first got the notion I Googled some research queries and this one came up. It convinced me beyond all doubt that I was right---and that this explains why the Andes are so high (among many other things).
Ishmael

The Web site says the maps were made using ArcGIS. I've just signed up for a trial account to see if I can figure out how to make similar maps with the poles in different places.

That would really sell the concept.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

For all you Doggerland freaks, here's a nugget

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/06/11/britains-atlantis-found-at-bottom-of-north-sea-a-huge-undersea-world-swallowed-by-the-sea-in-7000bc-2/
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 4

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in