MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Flu (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

I will never get this "vaccine," even if it means I can never again leave my house.

This is evil.

This is an extinction-level event.
Ishmael

People have no power. We are all just cattle.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

What do you mean just cattle? I'm from the Channel Islands, I resent the implication.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Boreades wrote:
Hopefully Ishmael is getting some sleep. Meanwhile, back at Al Beeb...

WHO team says 'extremely unlikely' virus leaked from lab

This is of course both correct and incorrect, in the sense that safety standards are high and Lab accidents are extremely rare but if you conduct many experiments at enough labs it will happen.
Wile E. Coyote

Ishmael wrote:
I will never get this "vaccine," even if it means I can never again leave my house.

You will be able to leave your house, but not your country, and you will not be eligible for many jobs.
Wile E. Coyote

I remember being told by PHE at the start of the Pandemic, we would be using "nudge" theory to communicate the message. 10 years in the clinker is a mighty big nudge. Good job that we now have a nuanced communication strategy.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Bugger this Covid nonsense. Right now there are more serious threats to people's health, if you can't afford to heat your own home. Especially out here in the sticks.

BBC says

Temperatures are freezing in many parts of the UK and are set to drop even lower as the week goes on. Fuel use and bills are likely to rise, and with more people at home under lockdown, those bills could grow very steeply. However, there is help on hand for people receiving benefits, in the form of Cold Weather Payments from the government.

How are the payments triggered?

The average temperature must be zero degrees Celsius - or less - for seven days in a row. This temperature needs to be recorded by the weather station nearest to your postcode.

As the pond in our garden has been frozen for more than a week, is there a chance we qualify?

https://coldweatherpayments.dwp.gov.uk/

The number of Cold Weather Payments due in this area from
1 November 2020 to 10 February 2021 is:

Bugger that. Clearly the DWP has a different thermometer to us. Will have to send the children out in the snow to gather sticks for the wood stove.
Boreades

Ishmael wrote:
People have no power. We are all just cattle.

That's racist.

I'm one of the sheeple.
Boreades

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
WHO team says 'extremely unlikely' virus leaked from lab

This is of course both correct and incorrect, in the sense that safety standards are high and Lab accidents are extremely rare but if you conduct many experiments at enough labs it will happen.

Yes, it was "extremely unlikely" that there would be any leak from places like Purbright. And yet ...

In 1970, just a few years after a major outbreak of the virus caused devastation around the country, there was an outbreak at the Animal Virus Research Institute at Pirbright.

Foot and mouth has leaked again at a Government-licensed laboratory.
Ministers admitted the virus "probably" escaped through a faulty valve at the Merial plant in Pirbright, Surrey, on Monday - two weeks after the facility was given the all-clear to start producing foot and mouth vaccine again.

Still, that's only once every 25 years or so. Good job it's just Purbright?

High-security laboratories that handle the most dangerous viruses and bacteria have reported more than 100 accidents or near-misses to safety regulators in the past five years, official reports reveal. One blunder led to live anthrax being sent from a government facility to unsuspecting labs across the UK, a mistake that exposed other scientists to the disease. Another caused the failure of an air handling system that helped contain foot and mouth disease at a large animal lab. Wear and tear also caused problems and potentially put researchers in danger. At a top security Ministry of Defence lab, tears were found in isolation suits at a facility handling animals infected with the Ebola virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/04/-sp-100-safety-breaches-uk-labs-potentially-deadly-diseases

Oops, butter fingers. Well, it could happen to anyone?

As usual, it's muppetry more than malevolence. We should be proud that Britain leads the world in muppetry. Or (at least) acknowledge why none of these institutions and NGOs are in a rush to point fingers.
Boreades

Mentioned in that Guardian article ...

Some of the most worrisome incidents happened at the Surrey-based Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA), renamed the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) in October.

Know your acronyms. AHVLA

In one case, scientists were handling anthrax when something went badly wrong. They meant to send harmless samples, killed by heat, to nearby AHVLA labs and others in York and Belfast. But somehow the tubes got mixed up. Instead of sending out dead material, the anthrax they sent was live and dangerous.

Send three and fourpence?

The anthrax incident at the AHVLA happened in May 2012 and drew an immediate CPN. That shut the lab so no more live anthrax could be sent out. The timing was ironic. The government had spent months stockpiling anthrax vaccines in case terrorists released the bug at the London Olympics. Now one of their own labs had put people at risk.

Well, who hasn't received something in the post intended for someone else?

"The timing was ironic" could also be the theme tune to the Salisbury incident. Following so closely (as it did) after a "training exercise".
Ishmael

I'll believe the virus leaked from the Wuhan Lab right after I believe that there actually is a virus.
Ishmael

The vaccine right now is producing more death and suffering than ever was attributed to Covid 19. So tell me again that the government shut down the world economy because it gave a damn about public health.

Something is going on and it is not good! I'm tired of pretending that this was all some innocent mistake.
Ishmael

The Pandemic was invented to get us to take this vaccine.
Boreades

Which vaccine?
Ishmael

Coke. Pepsi. What's a brand?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Jump to:  
Page 55 of 73

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in