MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gael Celtic Hebrew British Coincidence? (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorn

If the bible was written in Britain, it would be wrong to look at the current Jewish or Christian bibles. Both the Jews and the Catholics think it is morally good to lie and commit fraud against outsiders.

One would thus need to look at old Christian literature, and preferably in Gaelic.

I know no Gaelic, but I have looked at the Heliand, Stjorn, and the Wulfila bible and the names used there. You don't find much traces of Greek or Latin, and most of the names used are not Germanic. Nazareth, Bethlehem, Ierusalem, Jesus, David, Salomon really stands out.

I have been looking all over for a place where I could get this map to fit, without making the mapmakers complete idiots. The only place I can see that fits the bill, is if Afrika is Ireland, Europa is Britain and the continent is Asia.

In the oldest sources, the Scandinavians seems to have said they lived on an upside down boat, and just like the British say they are going to the continent, we say we are going over the keel, when we are going from Norway to Sweden.

That Asia originally was Europe, fits better with Norse mythology than if Asia was Asia.

I just want to repeat one thing.
One can not have a maritime seafaring culture without tar. It just magical thinking, like we can imagine a starship.

Britain didn't have cheap iron, and the population lived in wattle and daub houses until the Norse, Anglo-Saxons or what you like to call them, arrived.

It is anyway an empirical question, if it is possible to build ships with bronze tools. My experience says no to seafaring ships, but yes to paddled leather boats that could cross the channel in good weather.

I have worked with and own modern bronze tools, because you sometimes need spark free tools, and they are shit compared to iron. If you don't believe me, go out and buy a bronze hammer, and test 1000 strokes on something hard. That is only one hour work with a stroke every 3.6 seconds.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mick Harper wrote:
This is just normal previous-orthodoxy-bashing. ... Always remember academics cannot stand steady-state. Everything's always got to be on the move, and the Great British Public have got to be constantly beaten over the head for believing what they were taught as school. Even though the new version is but the tiniest tweak on what they (and the academics) were taught in schools..

Ah yes, along with a steady stream of press releases ...
"Studies suggest that something terrible might happen to you sometime in the future. But we're not sure. More research is needed."
a.k.a. We want more grants to preserve our peer-reviewed jobs.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 5

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in