MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Exodus (Philosophy)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Look in Arabia. Not Sinai.

Mind you. I happen to think Egypt wasn't in the middle-east, let alone Israel.
Tilo Rebar

In: Sussex

Britanicus wrote:
The Fables of Moses...and when this complete lack of evidence turned up they buried the report...

Back in my early teens, I read a book called "The Bible as History". While I cannot recollect the archaeological evidence used by the author to 'prove' the historical facts, I can remember being totally unconvinced by any of it. Although, in fairness, I've never had much of a religious bent and so perhaps lacked the necessary belief needed to ensure the book made sense - bit like physics come to think of it.

So I'm not at all surprised about the lack of evidence for Moses existence and, indeed, I don't believe any of the biblical characters were real.

Same goes for all the other major religions, apart from scientology, where I do believe Lafayette Ronald Hubbard existed, but was in fact mad as a box of frogs, as are his followers.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

but was in fact mad as a box of frogs, as are his followers.

You mean, like my dad? What you always have to remember with these messianic movements is that they didn't start out that way. Ol' Ron was just a science fiction writer who fancied himself as a bit of an expert when it came to the human psyche. (Don't we all?) Being an SF writer he expressed himself a) rather well and b) in a highly imaginative-yet-believable way.

So well, that other people with a similar bent (eg my dad) took up the ideas (known then as 'dianetics') and a) kicked them around and b) started being mini-Rons via that very successful American capitalist model of the times, franchising.

As I can testify from personal experience, there was no particularly 'religious' dimension at this time, it was just a kind of assisted self-help programme that claimed to boost various personal well-being attributes. I cannot say whether it did or not -- I was very young and was 'processed' for a very short time -- though it is siginficant that I went on to become the Greatest Brain In The Known Universe but modest and well-balanced with it.

As with all franchise movements however, once the natural expansion of 'a good idea' was exhausted, the guys at the top (not including my dad) were obliged to turn to more exotic methods to continue generating gains.
Britanicus

In: The West Country

Hi there Boreades,

Regarding the Fables/Exodus of Moses.

Not so, the upper levels were according to Moses teeming with Jews, so funeral remains should have been numerous IF the population of Egypt was 40 to 50% Jewish as stated by Moses.

The results deem Moses and the Jews in Egypt to be just a fallacy and that is the real reason no-one can relate the time line of exodus into any period of Egyptian history and why other stories within the Old Testament Bible may need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Britanicus.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Britanicus wrote:

Not so, the upper levels were according to Moses teeming with Jews, ..

Forgive me, I've lost the plot. Can you remind me where we get that from? If that's the case, are these the same people that we're told escaped slavery in the Exodus? Confused I am.
Boreades

It's fine, I've got the plot.

Moses is known in Egyptian records, first as Amenhotep IV then as Akhenaten who married twice. Once to Nerfetiti and then to Meri Amen (Miriam).

Moses and Aaron were the Egyptians that tried to introduce a monotheist religion into Egypt. The rest of the Egyptians didn't like it and kicked out Moses and Aaron, who headed east into Judea.

According to http://www.halexandria.org/dward922.htm :

Amenhotep IV (Akhenaten / Moses) ('Effective spirit of Aten') was the Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, who is especially noted for attempting to compel the Egyptian population in the monotheistic worship of Aten... although there are doubts as to how successful he was at this. He was born to Amenhotep III and his Chief Queen Tiye and was their younger son. Akhenaten was not originally designated as the successor to the throne until the lack of any other alternatives. Amenhotep III and his wife, Sitamun, for example, had failed to produce a male heir.

It is also reported that 'This line of high priestess of Egypt from Miriam (Mery Amon) onwards have names like Mary, even while in exile, through to Mary Magdalan. Joseph is an honorary title; "Father of the Lord" - given to anyone who is the father of someone who marries the High Priestess. i.e. into the royal line of Egypt.'

When the Israelites made their exodus from Egypt, their spiritual leader was not Moses, but Miriam -- a queen and high priestess of the Pharonic succession. In the Book of Jasher it explains that it was not Moses who was the spiritual leader of the tribes who left Egypt for Sinai; their spiritual leader and chief counsellor was Miriam, the half-sister of Moses who receives only passing mentions in the book of Exodus.

One daughter was called Merytaten who married Aaron (Smenkhkare) c.1361 BC

One of their children was a daughter, Scota, married to Niul of Scythia. Scota (or Scoti) reappears later in Irish legends of their origins.

The family trees:

Part 1

Part 2
Boreades

My patience is wearing thin.

This is relevant to the Lichfield saga.

If you have not twigged yet, I blame it on the Big Bad Wolf destroying the breadcrumb trail I have been laying for you.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

A relative of Hatty's is writing a book that attempts to prove that Amenhotep III and Amenhotep IV are one and the same person. If that helps.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Yes, it's fairly obvious. Amenhotep III and his wife Tye converted to monotheism i.e. from the old Amun to the new Aten. They consequently adopted new throne names Akhenaten and Miriam, and eventually gave rise to the House of David, Jesus etc. Thus giving monotheism a powerful pedigree.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Smenkhkare = Simon Magus?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in