MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sunspots (Astrophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishtar

I thought comparing these images was interesting, the relationship between the ejection and the impact area... Just for consideration.

Chad wrote:

Ishmael

In: Toronto

Good stuff Ishtar!

Personally, I'm convinced that, for this work alone, I deserve the Nobel Prize -- far more than does Obama at least.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I'd say it was a dead heat.
Komorikid

In: Gold Coast, Australia

Chad wrote:

1) Sunspots are darker and cooler than the surrounding surface plasma
2) Sunspots appear to follow an eleven year cycle of activity

If we can find the answer to these two questions, we can solve the riddle.

You can find the answer here:

http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=s9ke93mf
Komorikid

Here's a couple of question to answer also.

How does any form of matter penetrate several million miles of the Sun's corona, which is over 1,000,000 degrees C and plunge unseen into the Sun's surface and remain intact?

How does a comet made of dirty ice disintegrate in a fiery explosion as it crashes into Jupiter's atmosphere leave a brown stain in thin air for over a year?

An atmosphere that is composed of hydrogen and helium and is travelling at over 300 kilometres an hour. And just how does ICE explode in a fireball?
Keimpe

In: Leeuwarden, Frisia

Komorikid wrote:
And just how does ICE explode in a fireball?

If the ice is not composed of H2O but of something a little more explosive.
Ishmael

Komorikid wrote:
How does a comet made of dirty ice disintegrate in a fiery explosion as it crashes into Jupiter's atmosphere leave a brown stain in thin air for over a year?

I don't know, but it does. And as Jupiter and Sol are composed of essentially the same elements, what works in one place may work in the other -- and it apparently does.
Komorikid

Ish wrote:

I don't know, but it does. And as Jupiter and Sol are composed of essentially the same elements,

And you know this is a fact because Orthodoxy and Wiki says so.

For someone who is desperate to be 'original' this is rather ironic.

Oh! and by the way perhaps one of you geniuses can check on the diameter of your average sunspot. I think you'll find that a 'splash' that big will require something the size of a small planet.

Anyone know where Ish can find a coupla hundred 'Dark Matter' Mercurys?

Perhaps they're hidden in Einstein's Gravity Well.
Ishmael

Komorikid wrote:
And you know this is a fact because Orthodoxy and Wiki says so.

Well I also "know" it because this assumption is consistent with the spotting observed on both masses.

I think you'll find that a 'splash' that big will require something the size of a small planet.

Observing the spots on Jupiter as a result of Shoemaker-Levy, the diameter of the spotting was obviously not limited by the diameter of the projectile. It may not even be much of a factor.

Yet... for all we know... the near orbit of the Sun might be littered with mercury-sized objects. A hundred thousand Vulcans.

For someone who is desperate to be 'original' this is rather ironic.

I think of a hundred new ideas each year. Most of 'em good ones too.

Like this one.

It's such a gloriously simple answer. Makes ya just marvel at the brain that conceived it.

And yet, I'm actually less emotionally committed to my own brilliant idea (and I do so love to stop and admire it on occasion) than you are to someone else's quite a bit less brilliant idea. If my idea turns out to be wrong, that won't make it any less ingenious. I'll still be the guy who thought up an elegant, plausible answer and you will still be the guy who didn't. Oh but you will be the guy who pissed on it sanctimoniously. I suppose we all have our gifts.
Komorikid

Ish wrote:
Well I also "know" it because this assumption is consistent with the spotting observed on both masses
And you never thought to wonder for a second how a solid object could 'stain' the atmosphere composed of gas for so long when the same solid objects you refer to when hitting the Earth's atmosphere flare up similarly to those of S-L hitting Jupiter and all evidence of its passing through the atmosphere is gone within minutes. Your brilliance is not quite as great as you propose.

Yet... for all we know... the near orbit of the Sun might be littered with mercury-sized objects. A hundred thousand Vulcans.

Any Mercury sized object would be at a Mercury size distance unless of course Newton's gravitation laws are wrong.

It's such a gloriously simple answer. Makes ya just marvel at the brain that conceived it.

No it makes me wonder how someone who professes to be able to do such wonderful things with good old bog standard Newtonian physics could make such a fundamental error.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Komorikid wrote:
Any Mercury sized object would be at a Mercury size distance.

So size alone determines Solar orbital distance then does it?

The Solar system is well cocked up in that case.
Ishmael

Komorikid wrote:
And you never thought to wonder for a second how a solid object could 'stain' the atmosphere compose of gas for so long when the same solid objects you refer to when hitting the Earth's atmosphere flare up similarly to those of S-L hitting Jupiter and all evidence of its passing through the atmosphere is gone within minutes.

Nope. Never once.

Any Mercury sized object would be at a Mercury size distance unless of course Newton's gravitation laws are wrong.

I think you need to open up those ol' text books again.

Makes me wonder how someone who professes to be able to do such wonderful things with good old bog standard Newtonian physics could make such a fundamental error.

Masses in orbit around the Sun need not be "solid".

The stains on Jupiter from Shoemaker-Levy lasted considerably more than "minutes".

Last time I checked, objects of any mass can orbit one another at any distance, only the period of the orbit changes..

See how easy it is to make mistakes when you type with your asshole?
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Ishmael wrote:
The stains on Jupiter from Shoemaker-Levy lasted considerably more than "minutes".

"The prominent scars from the impacts were more easily visible than the Great Red Spot and persisted for many months".

Don't forget Shoemaker-Levy had broken up into a series of fragments no larger than 2km wide (a fraction of the size of mercury), well before its final encounter with Jupiter... but still managed to leave enduring visible scars on a gaseous planet.
Grant

See how easy it is to make mistakes when you type with your asshole?

Touché, dear Oscar, touché.
Ishmael

Gentlemen....

Please hail me as your CHIEF resident genius.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 6

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in