MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Let's Cure Autism! (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

A woman whose c.difficile infection was treated with a fecal transplant from her overweight daughter experienced rapid and dramatic weight gain as soon as her daughter's microbial nation took hold in her gut.
-- Turd transplant leads to rapid weight-gain and obesity
Ishmael

I WAS RIGHT

Asthma and allergies both tied to early childhood bacteria exposure.

If I got both of those, who's willing to bet against me on autism?
Ishmael

Two unrelated data points.

U.S. dietary guidelines have long recommended that people steer clear of whole milk, and for decades, Americans have obeyed. Whole milk sales shrunk. It was banned from school lunch programs. Purchases of low-fat dairy climbed.
-- For decades, the government steered millions away from whole milk. Was that wrong?
Finally, Kuk and the other study authors think that the microbiomes of Americans might have somehow changed between the 1980s and now. It’s well known that some types of gut bacteria make a person more prone to weight gain and obesity.
-- Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s
Ishmael

Someday I should post up all of my thoughts on this subject. It just takes so long to explain everything. It's tantamount to writing another book.

However, science is catching up to me.

Here's how parasites could be influencing the way you think
Ishmael

People injected with regenerative stem cells experience "flu-like symptoms."

Supporting my hypothesis that the flu is NOT a sickness at all but a regenerative process generally experienced by human beings annually.
Ishmael

Medical science is catching up with me. I am RIGHT about the cause of autism (reduction, impairment, or confusion of the sense of smell).

Here is a link to A Recent Study in Germany that claims a universal negative impact on "creativity" for chidren that watch television.

Why is there such an effect? Doctors hypothesize that the child's mind best processes new learning when it combines multiple senses: Hearing, sight, touch, and smell. This echoes my speculation of some years ago regarding the link between television-watching in infancy and autism.

I believe that of these senses, the most fundamental is the sense of smell. Children born deaf or blind, to my knowledge, are no more prone to autism than the general population. Smell is the most basic sense.

It's interesting that, while I've heard of humans being born blind or deaf, I've never heard of any born without tactile or scent sensibility.
Ishmael

Newfoundland has more citizens in MENSA than does any other Canadian province.

Is this because Newfoundland was the last province to get Television?

I never had Television before the age of nine.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Interesting. For me, something like twelve or thirteen. It is quite noticeable the difference in the middle-class cohorts pre-TV and post-TV but, in Britain anyway, this is complicated by the switch from grammar to comprehensive at about the same time. Now we are onto the third phase, post-TV.

It is a fact that these changes are always held to be detrimental but of course we AE-ists must not agree too readily.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Jump to:  
Page 24 of 24

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in