MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spirals (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

How do you know you have been to bed with a Dragon?

By the DN on his pyjamas........... (its the way Wiley tells them)
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

For the true meaning of all the "fire breathing", I refer my honourable colleagues to the excellent work by the indomitable Sheila McGregor (a.k.a. Alexander Aberfeldy)

Chapter 1: The last of the dragons

http://lochearnhead.wikidot.com/chapter1
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

If you refer to The Megalithic Empire, 'fire-breathing' dragons are furnaces.

The mining connection, not unique to Wales of course, seems a good deal more convincing, as a Bronze Age phenomenon (mis)remembered, than Ms McGregor's somewhat quaint folkloric explanation.
Wile E. Coyote

Hatty wrote:
The mining connection, not unique to Wales of course, seems a good deal more convincing, as a Bronze Age phenomenon (mis)remembered

Is it (mis)remembered? or were they going on the evidence?

Maybe we should ask?
Boreades

Perhaps Sheila McGregor, as a Radical Linguistics person, takes the words more literally than we do. Allegorical dragons (of TME fame) may have deeper meanings.
Boreades

The one 'fire-breathing' meaning that is alluded to by neither TME or Sheila McGregor (a.k.a. Alexander Aberfeldy) is very personal.

It is: "one imbued by the fiery spirit".

A person who spoke words of fire. A person inflamed by a holy spirit, or the gnostic knowledge of old. To boldly go, where we've forgotten. These are the voyages of the star trekkers BC

Piose apposites need not apply.

Edit: I will ask Sheila for her opinion.
Wile E. Coyote

In my view the linguistics and the folklore should tie in to the research programme AAs do this so she is "right". Hattys and Micks do this so they are "right". Franks do this so he is "right".

When I last looked nobody has been able to disprove any of these valuable research programmes.
Boreades

Where did you look?
Wile E. Coyote

Boreades wrote:
Where did you look?

Err..... Here.......
Wile E. Coyote

Boreades wrote:
The one 'fire-breathing' meaning that is alluded to by neither TME or Sheila McGregor (a.k.a. Alexander Aberfeldy) is very personal.

It is: "one imbued by the fiery spirit".

A person who spoke words of fire. A person inflamed by a holy spirit, or the gnostic knowledge of old. To boldly go, where we've forgotten. These are the voyages of the star trekkers BC

Piose apposites need not apply.

Edit: I will ask Sheila for her opinion.

Well Spirit =Sprite.

And there were plenty of those associated with mining.

But as regards Dragons they don't appear to be associated with Mining culture as far as I am aware.

Coblynau, Knockers, Hobgoblins, yes; Dragons, no (they like damp)

BTW you will be glad to know that Tommyknockers like pit ponies are no longer forced to work.

https://aspcwf.wordpress.com/the-many-types-of-tribes-of-wee-folk/alphabetical-listing-of-tribes-discussed-here/mining-sprites/
Wile E. Coyote

Borges wrote:
At best, the western dragon spreads terror; at worst its a figure of fun. The lung of Chinese myth however is divine and is like an angel that is also a lion.

There is a lot of truth in that, you just have to delete the concept of "west" and "Chinese".
Wile E. Coyote

The so called Western Dragon needs to terrorise and then be tamed or killed for a reason..........
Wile E. Coyote

So why slay dragons?

The answer is that the Dragon is the representative of circular time.

Saint Michael slays circular time and replaces it with linear history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Yes, I think that's it.
Wile E. Coyote

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
At this point we remember that one of AEs most respected members (Frank) has been beavering away trying to show a link between DN villages and hillforts.

Hmmmm...

I finally got the brilliant idea that Frank might be right, when I noticed that after about 44 years of trying to refute what he was saying, he appeared to be easily able to hold off all my attempts.

If you can't beat em, join em....

So I started from scratch with the new idea that hillforts are linked to the DN villages and the rivers

Central to my new reworking (I don't know why nobody else notices this, I lie, I actually do) is that The Thames is a DN river .

You might as well call it DON. In fact that is exactly what it was called.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  
Page 7 of 8

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in