MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AE on Telly News (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 145, 146, 147  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Well, I thought that was too well-known to be given a credit. I don't think he blamed actual pandemics on it though I suppose from Gaia's point of view Panspermia is a pandemic waiting to happen.

Mention of the Blessed Hoyle allows me to mention he is our Patron Saint. He went from being the Greatest Living Astronomer to Completely-Out-To-Lunch in the blinking of a single non-orthodox paper.
Mallas

Mick Harper wrote:
I was rather annoyed that Mexico was the birthplace. It scuppered a fancy theory of mine that viruses are essentially space-debris and that it is the turning of the earth that controls the spread. I put this together to account for 'the fact' that all pandemics 'come from the east'.

Well an American company owned the pig farm which was the apparent epicentre of it all.

My view is that the economy is in a slump, what better way to get people to spend money than creating a world wide epidemic scare.

Look at the sales jump for drug and protection companies a week after this "scare tactic" was spawned by the media.

3M, who make face masks, sold 6 months of stock in 1 day. (This is just in the U.K.)

I am sure the same thing happened to drug companies that produce cold & flu medications.

The people that have died did not die from this flu, they died from other conditions developed from a weakened immune system. Which I think only goes to show that there was a lack of meds or health care for those people that did die. Further proven as no westerners (that I know of) that have caught the virus have died as they have been kept under observation in top notch hospitals.

I could be wrong, but everything I have seen regarding this flu looks to be something planned.
Send private message Send e-mail
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You are wrong. The idea that these things are within the remit of a single company or even a cartel of companies is strictly for conspiracy-nuts.
Mallas

It is no conspiracy that scientists screw around with virus genetics in the lab. I mean I find it hard to think about a pig catching a cold from a bird or vice versa. Is there any documented evidence of this bird <> pig transfer?
Send private message Send e-mail
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Mallas wrote:
My view is that the economy is in a slump, what better way to get people to spend money than creating a world wide epidemic scare.

Mallas. This is just the Broken Window Fallacy (look it up). You can't stimulate the economy in this way. All that is accomplished is a diversion of funds to Y that consumers would have spent on X. No net gain. Furthermore, if Y is of no real benefit while X has actual social value, the effect is depressive in terms of advancing the standard of living. Less X is created than the market would normally have demanded.

Look at the sales jump for [Y and Z]

What people never do, because it's pretty well impossible, is look at the corresponding sales slump in A through X.

I could be wrong, but everything I have seen regarding this flu looks to be something planned.

Never assume conspiracy where general human incompetence will suffice.
Ishmael

Mallas wrote:
It is no conspiracy that scientists screw around with virus genetics in the lab. I mean I find it hard to think about a pig catching a cold from a bird or vice versa. Is there any documented evidence of this bird <> pig transfer?

There is no need to invent a virus in a lab. It is much easier to invent one in the media.

Nevertheless, such media inventions where they occur are not planned by any set of conspirators. They invariably arise from a dangerous combination of good intentions.
Brian Ambrose

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no-one except Mexicans has (at least so far) died from the virus. So I'd suggest that the virus didn't orginate in Mexico at all, since there seems to be (for example) more immunity to it in the Scottish population than in the Mexican.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

A thinly disguised version of me is currently being broadcast on the ITV series Primeval.

http://primeval.wikia.com/wiki/Mick_Harper
Grant

I reckon this is Hatty

http://primeval.wikia.com/wiki/File:ClaudiaBrown1.jpg

and this is Ishmael

http://www.itv.com/Drama/cult/Primeval/Monsters/Series3/default.html
Ishmael

Mick Harper wrote:
http://primeval.wikia.com/wiki/Mick_Harper

That is insane! What are the odds the name would have been applied by chance to a character "who wants to reveal the secrets of the anomalies to the world and hopefully gain a lot of money and become famous"?

Weird.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Publishers are constantly having to fend off libel actions from people with the same name as some character in a novel. The character always turns out to have the most astounding overlaps with the real person, yet they are quite unconnected.

In this case the hidden factor is that I don't overlap with ten thousand other characters in telly progs. Also, the existence of Google means that I am now likely to become immediately aware of any fictional character anywhere in the world called Mick Harper, though I must admit I was taken aback by the 'hunting anomalies' bit and felt sure for a few minutes that the author had me personally in mind.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

No, no... this is Ishmael.

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi979.htm
Grant

Who's been watching the lovely Alice Roberts on The Incredible Human Journey? (They're not just using a cutie to present the show, she's a doctor!). In this series the BBC presents Out of Africa as revealed truth as Alice scampers over rocks in Africa or visits modern day hunter gatherers - you get the picture.

One thing that interested me in episode one is how East Africa is such a great place to find fossils. The population density is very low so it hasn't been built on. It's very dry so the fossils can survive undisturbed on the ground for thousands of years. You can also pay Africans a few dollars a day to wander around the bush looking for pieces of skull. What luck that we evolved there!
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

I haven't watched much (have to say the lovely Martin Clunes is more my thing) but from the little I've seen she seemed almost permanently worried. Clearly she'd like to say it's against common sense for the human race to have come out of Africa but that wouldn't be allowed on a public service channel. She might have concluded that modern man came out of China from the evidence. It is after all the oldest civilisation in the world.
Grant

Hatty wrote
Clearly she'd like to say it's against common sense for the human race to have come out of Africa but that wouldn't be allowed on a public service channel.

Look at the website of the organisation behind the documentary
http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/

It's a bit scary because they are clearly promoting a religion.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 145, 146, 147  Next

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 147

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in