MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
St Paul the conman (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

The problem is that all of these words relate to the universal word, Khan-Tzar, which occurs everywhere in every language. Even "Dor" is a form of Tzar (Zone). And yes, "Star" is a form of Tzar and Zone.

When words take these forms, it's practically impossible to string together which is derived from what. Any one word could be parent to the others.

Dorchester = Tzar-Khan-Tzar

I know you all must think I'm crazy with this Khan-Tzar (Kin-Zone) crap. Especially as it seems to kill all valuable speculation. I would think me crazy too. But this is the conclusion to which I have been driven by repeatedly noticing the form over and over again, all the world over. The ubiquity of the form makes tracing the evolution of words and languages practically impossible.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I saw on the final Wolf Hall episode that Henry VIII supposedly pens a play about Anne Boleyn in which his wife is depicted whoring it up with hundreds of men. I was trying to find online some reference to this play. Is it a little-known historical detail?

I shall be writing to Hilary Mantel (she's an old sparring partner of mine) re me and Hatty's latest film (news of which more anon) so if I get the chance I'll ask her where she got the idea. She'll almost certainly have chapter-and-verse though not necessarily proof.
Ishmael

Wow!
Ishmael

When I write my great work of revisionist history, we will know where to send it for a thorough trashing!
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Ishmael wrote:
I highly encourage you to pore through the material referenced at the links below.

Zebedee

Paul and Cephas

Note that Castor and Pollux requested of Zeus that they have a special place in heaven, just as James and John ask of Jesus.

The auther Apollonius often compares the crew of the Argo with stars, several of the crew members, Castor, Pollux, and Herakles end up becoming constellations in their own right.

Jason is often compared to a meteor.(comet?)

The Argo and the Golden Fleece were also constellations.
Wile E. Coyote

Hatty wrote:
As the Gemini Twins, I expect they will have an important role in navigation.

This is true of all the 'Megalithic' saints. James' legend says he arrived in Spain in a rudderless boat which is identical to the 'Celtic' saints who routinely crossed over from Ireland in unoared coracles, millstones, et al. implying a mastery of the wind and waves beyond the ken of the rest of us. The name Compostela, 'field of stars', suggests 'steering by the stars' and astronomical observation, "campo" being a wide flat area a la Salisbury Plain.

Cephas was a representative of the Church in Jerusalem which was headed by James the Just, the brother of Jesus.

Cephas is translated as 'rock', hence the identification with Peter. Wiki says In Aramaic, it could be כיפא. which in Hebrew is 'kipa' i.e. hat (p and f in Hebrew are the same letter) or 'chief'. Sounds vaguely Kabbalistic what with the crown at the top of the 'tree of life', at any rate probably a metaphorical.or honorary title like Caesar etc.

The Argo's keel possessed prophetic power because it was made of wood taken from a sacred tree at the sanctuary at Dodona.

I wonder if a sacred grove, contains a specific type of wood that would make an effective keel. There was a prohibition on cutting down this type of wood for more general use.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Crossing a sea on a millstone is metaphorical, as in Hamlet's Mill.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/hamlets_mill/hamletmill.htm
Mick Harper
Site Admin

A very important book but almost impossible to read.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

I enjoyed it very much though suspected, perhaps unfairly, the case was over-egged. But the saints-on-millstones has been interpreted as megalithic journeys, not least by the authors of TME.

The stone-ferrying saints do not seem to have much in common with constellations though presumably the latter could have been a useful navigational aid.
Wile E. Coyote

Boreades wrote:
Crossing a sea on a millstone is metaphorical, as in Hamlet's Mill.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/hamlets_mill/hamletmill.htm

I haven't come across this link before....giant millstones end up in the bottom of the sea, after failed attempted crossings in a number of Viking myths.

It gives an answer to the age old question... of why the sea is salty.
Wile E. Coyote

cornish history site wrote:

Legend tells us that St.Piran the patron saint of the tinners, sailed here on a millstone. Originally it had been tied around his neck and he had been cast into the Atlantic by people jealous of his power to heal and work miracles. As he was thrown off the cliff there was a bolt of lightning and a terrible crash of thunder, but as he reached the sea the storm suddenly abated, the sun came out and St.Piran could be seen seated peacefully on the millstone which was now floating on the surface of the water. It bore him safely across to Cornwall and he landed between Newquay and Perranporth at Perran Beach, to which he gave his name.

Makes sense to me.

You sure about this metaphorical wodjamicallit Boro.

I can barely read. This Hamlet booky will take me a lifetime.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Large flightless birds, unable to fly because they have no keel on their sternum, are classified as ratites-- from ratis, meaning 'raft' in Latin (David Attenborough says so, so it must be true). On the megalithic site we've discussed Rat Island, aka Burrow Island, a tidal island in Gosport, Portsmouth Harbour, and I wondered if a small offshore island could be formed by floating and then sinking rafts and/or millstones. I remember reading that's how crannogs are made.

Rad in Dutch and German means 'wheel'. In Scots Gaelic, rath is translated as 'artificial mound or barrow'.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Or a large one. Or any size one. The idea of millstones both floating and sinking is new and valuable though I seem to remember us discussing boats that could both float and sink before. Best of all though is that the archaeological evidence could scarcely be argued against if, say, Motte Island were excavated. Then roll on Jethou!
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

There are quite a few legendary floating stones.

St. Declan’s forgotten bell floated after him on a stone. St. Patrick’s leper floated from Britain to Ireland on the Saint’s portable altar. Floating stones are mentioned by Adamnan in his Life of Columba, also by Tinmouth in his vita of St. Justinanus, while the Book of Leinster narrates that four saints crossed the ocean on a flagstone. The legend of how St. Piran floated on a millstone from Ireland to Cornwall is well known.

There is also similar tradition of floating stones in the Pacific. The founders of Ponape, in the Caroline Islands, came from Yap on floating stones.

One could easily assume that being able to float stones was a magical power that the Celtic Saints demonstrated to prove to the "Old Folk" that they were the new kids on the block. A bit like Moses and Aaron with the snake/rod tricks.

But millstone might just have been a name for a type of ship.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Millstones and coracles are both round.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  
Page 7 of 8

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in