MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is Relativity Nonsense? (Astrophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPCrisp

In: Bedfordshire

Go back a handful of posts. Some of this is almost verbatim:

Bohr's doesn't stand up. His Orbital Planetary model has been superseded by the Max Born Electron Cloud model which itself is now disputed by the Schrodinger's Balloon model. The Balloon model describes the electrons travel around the nucleus in a teardrop figure-eight shape.

The problem is that the Planetary model is needed to explain ionisation and electric current and the Balloon model to explain how two or more atoms combine to form a molecule. Neither model can explain all the properties required for all the experiments carried out.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Yes. I suspected that was what you meant.

I do wish Komori would try to distinguish for us what are his own ideas and what are those he has adopted from others. Nothing wrong with presenting an argument from a tertiary source (though by and large we don't want to spend too much time on arguments advanced by non-participants). I just want to know when it's Komori speaking and when it's those Komori favours.
DPCrisp

I wrote:
though I haven't seen the whole series.

I made it 5 minutes and 38 seconds into Einstein's Idiots # 1 -- What's the point? and gave up. Can't stand any more.
Grant

D P Crisp wrote
I made it 5 minutes and 38 seconds into Einstein's Idiots # 1 -- What's the point? and gave up. Can't stand any more.

How can you take someone seriously with that hair style?

I was going to suggest to Mick that he posted his videos on YouTube, but what would be the point if it's full of stuff like that?
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

How can you take someone seriously with that hair style?

That's exactly what I was going to say!

(Mick, you may want to use a young handsome sartorially elegant front-man to promote your theories on video... give me a call.)
DPCrisp

DPCrisp wrote:
I wrote:
though I haven't seen the whole series.

I managed to steel myself and watch all the Einstein's Idiots sketches I could find on YouTube. (They're not all there.)

He put a lot of effort into these, but I'm still not impressed. And at least it's clear why various discussions with KomoriKid have gone off the rails. (It seems we have Mr Gaede to thank for the old species dying off in another thread, too, but I'd run out of stamina by then.)

It's rather unfortunate that the nearest thing to directly addressing anything Einstein said (muons zooming by) was somewhere between garbled and wrong.

The most promising bit -- the rope theory of light and atoms -- breezed by too quickly...

I'll discuss any specific points anyone wants to pick up on, but I won't raise them myself.

It's a favourite ploy of Relativists when challenged on the logic of Einstein's theory to refer to some other, better exposition than the one you're looking at, but it can never be found. (The old assume-someone-else-has-taken-care-of-it chestnut.) Rather fittingly, Bill Gaede has a whole website, youstupidrelativist.com, but I don't expect to find any fundamental illumination there.
Ishmael

DPCrisp wrote:
(It seems we have Mr Gaede to thank for the old species dying off in another thread, too, but I'd run out of stamina by then.)

I am getting really sick of Komori posting the ideas of others uncredited. Seriously. This is unacceptable behaviour.
Ishmael

Observers detect in distant Quazars no sign of relativity.

Is it possible that relativity has never truly been verified experimentally?
DPCrisp

This might be the place to park a brief remark:

Benoit Mandelbrot, the famous fractal guy, died the other day. In glancing at the Wiki article, I see that galaxies are described as being fractally distributed {same sort of clustering/scattering no matter what scale you look at} and Mandelbrot showed that this meant a Big Bang was not necessary to explain why the night sky is dark.

Dunno how the Big Bang is supposed to help, but the suggestion is that if stars are randomly scattered and there are gazillions of them, then every line of sight ends at a star somewhere and the whole sky should be bright.
Rocky

Yes, possibly relativity is nonsense:

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/einsteins-theory-in-a-spin-as-neutrinos-pass-speed-of-light-20110923-1kp92.html

But maybe they're making it up. Who knows.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to:  
Page 8 of 8

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in