MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Inside Every Fat Person (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Ie they have added fat trim from very lean to make it up to 10%.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

That is absolute rubbish, Coyote, and certainly illegal. Try again.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Will nobody think of the children?

German confectionery giant Haribo has said it is struggling to deliver its sweets to shops in the UK because of a shortage of lorry drivers.

Because children need a plentiful supply of sugar to encourage obesity, diabetes and teeth-rot. Well, it's a personal choice.

It said that like many other producers and retailers, it was "experiencing challenges" that were hitting supplies. The haulage industry has blamed the pandemic and Brexit for thousands of unfilled HGV driver jobs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57690505

I don't quite get the blaming it on Covid, as lorry-driving was a Key Worker thing. Even #1 Daughter had a job last year delivering stuff, before being a Uni Student again.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

It is always beneficial equipping one's children with an HGV licence when they are young and impressionable. It is a little known fact that attending an HGV course automatically means you have 'passed your test' for ordinary motor cars. I myself gave up on any such aspiration when a girlfriend, fed up with doing all the driving, offered to teach me in an empty Safeway carpark (this was in the days of Sunday closing) and informed me of the ridiculous notion that there were three pedals and only two feet with which to operate them. She ditched me later for someone who could drive though I never found out whether he was HGV qualified as well.

My own parents were typically remiss equipping me with all the necessary life-skills. I had to wait for the Department of Work and Pensions to send me off on a course before I was fully proficient in touch-typing.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Jump to:  
Page 11 of 11

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in