MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Let us review Keir Starmer's behaviour re Jimmy Savile. His defence is "I was not in charge of the Saville file." On the other hand
a) Starmer was head of the CPS
b) The Saville case was the CPS's most high profile docket by several country miles.

So if he wasn't on it like a hawk he should be sacked immediately and given a job more suited to his limited abilities.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Let us review the charges of misogyny being levelled at Carrie Johnson's critics. It is not misogynistic to accuse a woman of being the power behind the throne. It is the exact opposite.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

I don't think there will ever be a power behind the throne whilst Boris is in charge, it is simply not within the BJ skillset to listen to or take on sage advice. You can't actually even get Boris to set some standards and encourage others in his own government to follow its own rules as the first rule breaker will be Boris.

No, Boris is more a make it up, "whizzo idea"..."whoops" "cripes" "Oh well ride it out" sort of guy. For a Svengali to try and control him would be lunacy.

The Tories have to either embrace the creative destruction Boris is bringing, or boot him out and bring in another boring technocrat.
Grant

I agree that it is extraordinary that Starmer has got away with presenting himself as just an uninterested lawyer in the Savile review, when he was actually in charge.

Also amazing is how it could be Boris’s fault that people were rude to Keir when the protesters were obviously a bunch of Bolsheviks, led by Piers Corbyn, no less.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Who does Sir Graham Brady submit his letter to? You might say 'himself' but that would be an abuse of the term 'submit', I submit.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The weird thing about all this animus against Johnson is that his crimes and character flaws are so mind-bogglingly trivial. I accept if the British electorate have decided these things are worth not voting Tory for, he'll have to go, but the rest of us should buckle up and say, "Strewth, is that all? I do those kinds of things all the time." And decide not to vote Tory on quite different grounds.

I was reminded of this listening to John Major.
Grant

He’s being targeted for trying to end the Covid hysteria. As you say, it’s all so trivial, from sitting with his wife while ten people stand in the Downing Street garden to hosting a quiz on zoom. Oh, and spending 100,000 on redecorating a house he doesn’t even own.
Having said that, he is a twat, but if he’s still in charge at the next election I might be forced to vote Tory for the second time in thirty years
Mick Harper
Site Admin

He’s being targeted for trying to end the Covid hysteria

This I didn't know. Can you provide a few names?
Grant

Dominic Cummings for one
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In AE we call that a 'bogus list' and it generally means the writer has been somewhat incautious in his claims. But the good thing is they learn from the experience and resolve never to do it again. And then do it again at the first opportunity.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Grant wrote:
He’s being targeted for trying to end the Covid hysteria

Mick Harper wrote:

This I didn't know. Can you provide a few names?

Grant wrote:

Dominic Cummings for one

Mick Harper wrote:

In AE we call that a 'bogus list' and it generally means the writer has been somewhat incautious in his claims. But the good thing is they learn from the experience and resolve never to do it again. And then do it again at the first opportunity.

Dominic is clearly targeting Boris for a more obvious reason, he was forced to confess his Barnard Castle sins and was still sacked. Dominic is now using the Partygate agenda to get his own back. The question is why did the Partygate stuff not come out at the time as the press must have known about it, given there are still many unhappy Europhile civil servants who would have happily leaked it. For some reason which Wiley can't fathom, the press and opposition self censored....they only ran the story after Dom forced them to, by publicising it.

My best guess is that "they", the ruling elites, have sworn a solemn Omertà during the Covid crisis to support each other...the reassurance was that, providing you come down hard on Joe Public, it was acceptable to bend the rules in private, err just don't get caught.

Still I won't mention that, far better to keep quiet rather than be found hanging from London Bridge with my tongue cut out.

Please don't point out that I have substituted a dodgy conspiracy theory for a dodgy list.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You have but I wouldn't dream of mentioning it. You have at least tried to provide a framework. Grant just blurts these things out. Though I would like to hear more about this 'ruling elite'. Not come across it before. Then we can get to how they swear omerta. Must be tricky getting in touch with one another if they already have.
Grant

I didn’t mention the ruling elite, did I?
Instead, there are a) people who have made a lot of moola during the Covid hysteria and b) people in government who realise they panicked in 2020. Both a’ers and b’ers have a vested interest in continuing the hysteria for as long as possible. If they can keep it going until 2025 their misdeeds will be forgotten in the fog of history.
It’s a bit like the AIDS panic in the eighties. The pharmaceutical industry received literally hundreds of billions to produce a vaccine, but where is it? And where is the heterosexual AIDS pandemic we were threatened with? No one asks anymore because they successfully kicked the tin can down the road for thirty years.

As for Cummings I suspect he’s in camp a and camp b.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I didn’t mention the ruling elite, did I?

Nor me. AE says when people answer the wrong question it's because they can't answer the right one.

Instead, there are a) people who have made a lot of moola during the Covid hysteria and b) people in government who realise they panicked in 2020. Both a’ers and b’ers have a vested interest in continuing the hysteria for as long as possible. If they can keep it going until 2025 their misdeeds will be forgotten in the fog of history.

OK, if you say so. Now tell us how these people can target Boris? It requires co-ordination. Like being the Labour Party or something. Everybody targets Boris in the sense of saying, 'Fuck you, Boris.' I do myself but I wasn't aware I'd been signed up to it.

It’s a bit like the AIDS panic in the eighties. The pharmaceutical industry received literally hundreds of billions to produce a vaccine, but where is it? And where is the heterosexual AIDS pandemic we were threatened with? No one asks anymore because they successfully kicked the tin can down the road for thirty years.

OK, if you say so. Now tell us how these people can target prime ministers?

As for Cummings I suspect he’s in camp a and camp b.

Cummings is never 'in a camp'. Though he forms them and leads them from time to time. Which means he is doubly unlikely to be in two of them. But OK he's been targeting Boris. So, Grant, your list is still hoverng at the one mark.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Now if you want a real conspiracy theory listen to Nazarin on Radio 4. The first fifteen minutes can be heard here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0014gb2 and the next four instalments at 1.45 pm all this week. It is about the sale of British tanks to Iran in the 1970's and its connection to Nazarin Zahgari Ratcliffe's imprisonment. Utterly spellbinding so far.

And parallels what I say in the Iranian chapter of my Unreliable History.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Jump to:  
Page 207 of 301

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in