MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 300, 301, 302  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

OK it is just me.

But some of us gravitate towards those idiots roundly condemned by all.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

AE Rules mean I must be against all experts. However Dame (it's getting far far worse for me) was chair of the Health and Safety executive so whilst she might not actually be right.... casting her as an idiot might be a bit strong. She was at least canny enough to climb the ladder before sliding down the snake.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

AE Rules mean I must be against all experts.

I must have missed that one. AE Rules are that we are in favour of all experts because they provide us with our raw material.

However Dame (it's getting far far worse for me) was chair of the Health and Safety executive so whilst she might not actually be right.... casting her as an idiot might be a bit strong.

Yes, that was a clear error on my part. I had a Dame Butler-Sloss moment. I apologise and withdraw the remark.

She was at least canny enough to climb the ladder before sliding down the snake.

Look, Wiley, it's an AE Rule that you can use imagery to illustrate what you are saying but you can't just use imagery. I'm reasonably excited by one expert getting it in the neck from all the other experts and getting the imprimatur of a fully paid up AE-ist but since you won't tell us why, I am merely left all of a quiver.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The mistake that CNN and their liberal running dogs always make is to suppose there is something magical about a court ruling. From Day One everybody knew
a) Trump had sex with attractive but louche women
b) Trump paid off these women
c) Because he wanted to become president of the USA.

How did everyone know? Because it's what we would all have done in his position. And even if we wouldn't we all knew Trump would. We -- the American electorate -- supported him then so presumably we shall continue to support him now. Unless we're liberals in which case we didn't support him then and we won't be supporting him now. My God, the sound of liberals clucking.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

We've heard unexpectedy little clucking about crooked Michael Cohen. Perhaps the cluckers are afraid of being labelled antisemitic as there's no way Cohen can avoid Jewishness, unlike Weinstein who makes sure his name sounds less obviously Jewish. Americans appear to be averse to anything that can be construed as antisemitism in contrast to Britain, or England at any rate, where low-level antisemitism has always rumbled along and will no doubt continue. Yet America is portrayed by British media as an intolerant society, sometimes violently so. Somewhere over the Atlantic perspectives seem to switch.
Grant

unlike Weinstein who makes sure his name sounds less obviously Jewish

Is this irony?
I wonder if the Jewish establishment have overplayed the Corbyn business. They have tarred him with the anti-semitic brush but it doesn't appear to have done him any harm at all in the polls. That's surely going to encourager les autres
Grant

How did everyone know? Because it's what we would all have done in his position.

And apparently, according to Alan Dershowitz the rules governing the use of campaign funds are so difficult to understand - even for him! - that it's not obvious that it is illegal to use the money to pay off louche women anyway.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Dershovitz, a hero of mine for forty years, popped up on Channel 4 News, my favourite news source for forty years, which led to some bizarre and (to me) disheartening events. First off he was introduced as "an unofficial adviser to President Trump" which prompted an incandescent protest from Dershowtiz. Although the presenter apologised it is depressing a) that Channel 4 News would make such an elementary mistake and b) that they would remove this exchange from their official site.

Then came, as Grant noted, a technical exposition about Trump's legal jeopardy (nil, in Dershowitz estimation; vast in the liberal media's estimation). But right at the end the interviewer made a mild criticism of America's current levels of political morality (clearly assuming that a liberal like Dershowitz would agree in sorrow) but instead our Al launched into an amazing diatribe about how Britain's moral climate was far worse because of Jeremy Corbyn's anti-semitism and the possibility of him becoming prime minister. This was so extreme (we're talking about bordering on defamation) that

a) the presenter immediately distanced himself and ended the interview
b) at the end of the programme a fairly formal apology was read out
c) the diatribe was also removed from Channel 4's official site.
d) it forced me to reflect that Dershowitz might be practically an AE-ist when it comes to judging most things without allowing his own prejudices to intervene ... but not the State of Israel.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

British anti-Zionism is so attractive.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

What is wrong with you people? Like... seriously?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

If you would cease your gnomic style, perhaps we could tell you.

There is no need to constantly re-parade your position though. Let us know when it shifts even a smidgeon under the weight of developments. I mean in the world, we understand you can do nothing about your own personal intellectual torpor.
Grant

British anti-Zionism is so attractive.

More irony?

The problem the anti-Corbyn people have is that British people don't care one way or the other whether he is an anti-semite or not. That's if you leave the so-called media bubble. They don't have a dog in the fight.

If Corbyn continues to rise in the polls this anti-semite allegation will merely embolden him.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Yes, I have been waiting for this. The ex-Chief Rabbi's claim that Jeremy's five year old comment that some British Zionists lack a sense of English irony is

the most offensive statement by a politician since Enoch Powell's River of Blood speech of 1968

is so imbecilic that even the scarediecats in Jeremy's entourage seem finally to have twigged it is futile constantly apologising for anti-semitism when all anti-Zionist statements are by definition anti-semitic. Either the Labour hard left gives up its support for the Palestinians or it will have to put up with losing Jewish Labour support.

But, Grant, surely the question is not whether the British electorate cares much about anti-semitism but whether the media will let it rest. If they don't -- and they won't because both Jews and Labour anti-Corbynites will be gleefully feeding the frenzy -- then Corbyn hasn't got a prayer of getting his message across.

Mind you, since his message would be pretty unpopular with the British electorate if they ever did get to hear it in all its glory, that might be no bad thing for the Coybynistas.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

The Strange Case of Inspector Pyle's Bottom.

Evenin' All.
Inspector Owen Pyle was proceeding in an orderly direction about the 2018 Notting Hill Carnival, when all of a sudden ...

While dealing with an incident at Carnival yesterday a woman thought it'd be funny to slap my bum. She soon regretted it when I arrested her. 👍 I don't come to work to be sexually assaulted while doing my job. That kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

I didn't get where I am today without letting women grab my bum at work. Or boasting about it on social media. But that's another story.

Scotland Yard has hailed the carnival a ‘safe and spectacular’ success. Even if one horrified mother is quoted as having witnessed ‘drugs being sold freely’ and ‘people having sex in the street’.

Harpo, can you arrange for some of this to happen closer to Chateau Boreades? Or are you keeping it all to yourself?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

It was intensely boring. I can usually count on some plaster coming off the walls late on Monday when a particularly competitive sound system gets stuck in the throng for twenty minutes a few yards from where I am typing this, but even this did not happen this year. If they don't buck up I shall be advocating some reverse Windrushes.

Which reminds me. A Trumpista defended the Floridan Republican gubernatorial candidate saying of his black Democratic opponent, "We don't want him monkeying around with our state", by denying any racial connotation. But had the grace to add "However, we must all be careful about our choice of words." Then not two minutes later said of the same Democratic candidate, "It shouldn't be forgotten he is to the left of Chairman Mao."
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 300, 301, 302  Next

Jump to:  
Page 104 of 302

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in