MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Epigenetics - Lamarckism? (Life Sciences)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

Ishmael wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Fomenko's already debunked the Vikings, so Scots don't need to get their red hair from them.

Have you finished Book III? I haven't yet got that far.

I've started Book IV. He debunks a lot of Russian history in this book. He actually sounds fairly convincing when he's talking about the Russians re-writing a lot of their history. I suppose it's because he's Russian.

But I should mention, I wasn't familiar with a lot of history that he was debunking, so I probably don't appreciate it as much as if I had been familiar with it all in the first place.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Note that the Red Lady was found on the Gower Peninula ie presumptively outside the area of glaciation. The epithet "caveman" might be an artefact produced by the fact that fossils survived glaciation when in caves but not in the open. There is also the possibility that caves are produced by glaciation rather than glacial humans seeking them out. Though contrarily it may be that in neo-glaciated areas caves really are the place to be.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The Palace has asked for our advice re the genetic implications of a marriage between Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle, and its likely consequence for the overall gene pool of the Royal Family. In view of Prince Harry being ginger and more than ordinarily repulsive we have advised against.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I have been arguing for billions of years that orthodox evolution -- technically known as neo-Darwinism to take into account genes that old Charley-boy didn't know about -- has got to be rubbish because there is simply not enough time since life started on earth to get where we are today if you're relying on accidental genetic mutations. Now the wretched Life Scientists have caught up with me https://oconnel.medium.com/a-common-weed-has-just-shaken-the-foundations-of-biology-4553b0b12e78

I wonder if my brother will apologise to me. Of course not, he will say he knew it all the time. AE calls it Old Hat Syndrome. The Harpers didn't get where they are today by being charitable to one another. Apart from him slipping me a few quid from time to time. He thinks it will buy my silence.
Grant

It’s the whales which have always puzzled me. One minute they are the size of cows and feeding on the shoreline. Forty million years later they are the size of a bus and swimming a thousand feet down in the water. There must have been millions of mutations to make the changes, but as virtually all mutations are worthless it doesn’t seem possible.

The Darwinists get round this by saying forty million years is a long time. Actually, it’s not that long.

And imagine you were the first cow - or whatever it was - to decide to put one of your feet in the water. The other cows would decide you were a complete bloody maniac and leave you well alone
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I've been arguing all this till I'm red in the bottom. One of my favourite arguments is, "Well, you've reproduced a billion years of evolution by deliberately radiating fruit flies in the lab to produce mutations, how are you getting on?" Not one lab technician has yet managed to mate with a fruit fly. Apart from Jeff Goldblum.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in