MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Idea on Megaliths (Megalithic)
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatjana

In: exiled in Germany

Hello everyone.
This is Tatjana (aka Tani in ancient times) asking you what you think about this now: (caution: it might sound really wacky) what if megalithic structures all over Europe, especially so-called Passage Tombs such as world famous Brugh na Boynne, weren't aligned to stars and constellations and equinoxes or solstices only, as stated by ortho archaeology - but also pointing to each other in a way backwards so that they sort of make a line back in time as well..and what if someone would be able to trace them - would they point to the origin of megalithic "culture" (for want of a better word)?

Now that would be something, wouldn't it.

In: exiled in Germany

I'm still working on the evidence. At present, it's little more than speculation with a bit of back-up by construction dates and mythology as well... but I guess it'll take a while until I'd call it evidence.
So I'll go on and work a bit more on it... I'm not alone in this.

In: Bedfordshire

Hello everyone.
This is Tatjana

Well, well, welcome back, Tanwen.

(Thought you'd never want to finger a keyboard again. Especially one in Germany.)

and what if someone would be able to trace them - would they point to the origin of megalithic "culture" (for want of a better word)?

(If it came up on CSI:, it'd be done in a snap.)

There is one place I already refer to as the hub of Megalithia in Europe. It'll be interesting to see where your tracings lead back to.
EndlesslyRocking

Isn't this the same concept as Fey lines?
EndlesslyRocking

Sorry, I meant "Ley lines", not "Fey lines". I saw a TV program about this once and someone thought that you could draw lines from monuments starting in Egypt and the holy land out to England, and where the Incas lived, and Easter Island. I can't remember the details, but the originating culture was in Eygpt, and you could trace any monument along the path of other monuments back to Egypt.
Komorikid

In: Gold Coast, Australia

Sorry, I meant "Ley lines", not "Fey lines". I saw a TV program about this once and someone thought that you could draw lines from monuments starting in Egypt and the holy land out to England, and where the Incas lived, and Easter Island. I can't remember the details, but the originating culture was in Eygpt, and you could trace any monument along the path of other monuments back to Egypt.

That's not as goofy as it may sound. Some time ago on the Stonehenge thread we were discussing the alignment of Thames Head and if a line from Prescili Hills to Stonehenge passed through it; unfortunately it didn't but I inadvertently projected the line way beyond the Southeast alignment of Stonehenge and it fell almost exactly at Giza.

Another interesting exercise was to draw a triangle using St Michael's Mount in Cornwall, Mont St Michel in Brittany and Stonehenge. The dimensions are virtually the same as the Great Pyramid. Now that's spooky!
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Another interesting exercise was to draw a triangle using St Michael's Mount in Cornwall, Mont St Michel in Brittany and Stonehenge. The dimensions are virtually the same as the Great Pyramid. Now that's spooky!

Spooky indeed. Are you serious when you refer to an area stretching from Wiltshire to Cornwall and thence to Brittany corresponding to a pyramid in Egypt? Trouble is, anyone can find parallels if they look for them. A coincidence is just a coincidence unless someone produces evidence it was intentional. Ley lines, though, make sense as "roads" and a means of mapping routes across a defined landscape, not necessarily Egypt.
EndlesslyRocking

Here's an interesting coincidence. There's an underground place called Yonuguni in Japan that looks like a place in Peru.

In the panel on the left of this page, scroll down to the "Connections" section and click on "Yonaguni and Peru":

http://www.altarcheologie.nl/index.html?underwater_ruins/yonaguni/gallery_pyramids.htm
Hatty
Site Admin

Here's an interesting coincidence. There's an underground place called Yonuguni in Japan that looks like a place in Peru.

Do you know if there are similar structures in Taiwan, presumably Yonuguni's parent culture?
EndlesslyRocking

No, I don't know. But Yonaguni wasn't known about until 1985, so maybe there are other structures out there. There is debate about whether it is man-made or natural. The main argument against it being man-made, based on when it would have been flooded, is that it would pre-date the pyramids in Egypt
Hatty
Site Admin

But it doesn't pre-date the South American pyramids.

The dating hasn't been carried out yet, still speculative.
However, from a purely archaeological point of view, maybe the most important aspect of the Yonaguni ruins are that that they are located below some tens of meters of water, because this puts it at least many thousands of years back in history.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

This was the point I was trying to convey to the Bimini enthusiasts -- that it was the fact it was under twenty-seven feet of Atlantic Ocean that was paradigm-breaking -- but I got no response.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Mick Harper wrote:
This was the point I was trying to convey to the Bimini enthusiasts -- that it was the fact it was under twenty-seven feet of Atlantic Ocean that was paradigm-breaking -- but I got no response.

Right. I get it. Even a simple structure like Bimini is not meant to be possible, given its megalithic nature, in 8000 BC (is that the supposed time of the sea rise?).

Personally, I now strongly suspect it's the dating of the last Ice Age that is off. I suspect the Ice Age ended a lot more recently than we believe. MUCH more recently.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Ach so, the penny drops. But the question then becomes how far the paradigm crack(up) extends. At present orthodoxy claims a firm date for the end of the Ice Age in Europe (c 10-12,000 BP) and uses that ice melting to cover the North Sea and the English Channel. But it keeps on finding much later stuff under the sea which is hellishly awkward.

But no, with one bound they are free because while the ice melting is a once-and-for-all event to raise water levels, the vanishing ice leads to all that land rising now the weight of the ice has gone, and that is a process that you can stretch out as long as is required.

But hold up! We've got to get the land going down, surely? No prob: enter the seesaw model. As the ice left in the north and that land rose so the southland dropped neath the sea. And like I said, that process can be extended as long as you like ie it could be used for underwater terrestrial archaeology of any age. But not on the other side of the Atlantic. Whoops!

PS And the Giant's Causeway is a bit too far north to be on the downward side of the seesaw so best leave that as geologic..
Hatty
Site Admin

the ice melting is a once-and-for-all event to raise water levels

How many thousands of years would it take for the sea level to rise noticeably? How can you know if the water level rises consistently per year anyway?
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in