MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Jeserig Chicken-Ducks (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJMorton

I know this sounds completely off the wall but...

I live in the countryside and we are surrounded by birds. Not real birds. Fake birds. Birds which are so far removed from their natural ancestors that I declare the right to call them fake (in the same sense that modern farm cattle bares - or is it 'bears'? - little resemblance to the antiquated auroch).

I mean chickens. (Get to the bloody point AJ!)

Ok...

Next door there are chickens but there is also something else. There are what I can only call chicken ducks. These creatures look like a cross between a duck and a chicken. I will try to get some pictures. Until then, can anyone tell me if such a thing is possible.

These 'things' have bills rather than beaks. There feet are webbed rather than...erm...'taloned'. Their heads are covered with the red saggy bits characteristic of a chicken. Their bodies are long rather than round.

Or am I a total loonie?

Edit: found some online images which correspond slightly.

Apparently the 'Muscovy Duck' has the same red floppy stuff around its head. Other than that there is no resemblance.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

This is AMAZING!!!!

Mick. I think you'll be interested!
AJMorton

My brother just pointed out that they can't fly. At least...they don't fly. Their wings are tiny like chickens.

AND

THEY

CLUCK!

Just compared my first description with the actual birds outside. I said they have bills, webbed feet and long bodies. Well....that sounds like a normal duck. But their feet are not webbed. They have chicken like claws. A bill and claws is just weird. A bill and webbed feet is just a duck.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

A bill and claws is just weird.

So is a sharp beak and webbed feet.

Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in