MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Global Warming (Geophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Climate Change as a stalking horse for New Improved Eugenics?

11,000 Experts Propose Final Solution To Global Warming

More than 11,000 experts from around the world are calling for a critical addition to the main strategy of dumping fossil fuels for renewable energy: there needs to be far fewer humans on the planet.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/scientists-call-for-population-control-in-mass-climate-alarm

Fifty Years Of Failed Apocalyptic Forecasts

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

https://realclimatescience.com/fifty-years-of-failed-apocalyptic-forecasts/
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Isn't this what parents do too? I ask because as a non-practising parent myself I am often amused to hear what parents say to their children and how irritated they get when I point out there is no evidence for it.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

I’m fed up to the back teeth of seeing that sour faced little Swedish brat, every time I switch on the news. Why do we continually allow ourselves to take a bollocking from this tiresome child?

She’s not the Messiah. She’s a very naughty girl!
Grant

I'd pay more attention to her if she put some lippy on and wore a mini-skirt. But that's because I'm a monster. Saw a fascinating article about how they monitor sea temperatures...
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I rather like her. Not that that is an endorsement she would seek. She must have known her appeal ought to have lasted about ten minutes before the backlash started but she keeps right on upping the ante. A true original.
Grant

Apparently for 150 years the admiralty (or some British institution) have been taking sea temperatures. This is so we can measure ocean currents. What they have found is that temperatures have risen by 0.9 degrees in the last few decades or something but there is a problem...
Grant

Years ago they used wooden buckets and now it's plastic ones. Wooden buckets are better insulated than plastic so they apply a correction to the numbers to allow for it. Seems fishy to me. How long does the water actually sit in the bucket before it has its temperature taken? And years ago did they really register what sort of bucket was used?
Grant

It's a fudge. The temperatures have not actually risen at all. Only by applying the wooden bucket correction cab they get the results they want.
Next time I see Greta I'll tell the little minx
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You have (typically, for the anti-climate change brigade) slid disingenuously between '150 years ago' when science was, yes, in its infancy and 'a few decades ago' when, no, science was not in its infancy. But you're in charge, do go on. We belong to neither brigade.
Chad

Mick Harper wrote:
...she keeps right on upping the ante. A true original.

Nah... Third generation from a family of actors.

Both parents are political activists, who have published works on environmental issues.

And of course she's obsessive... she's an arseburger!
Chad

I think it's rather obscene to weaponize a politically indoctrinated child with Asperger's... don't you?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You mean, as opposed to losing the planet? If I were a theatrical parent who couldn't put my daughter on the stage on account of her Asperger's I'd probably look around for an occupation in which that condition might be a help rather than a hindrance, eg globe-trotting super-celebrity. But then I'm not an unfeeling bastard from Ramsbottom, Lancashire who tars all Swedes with the same brush and lays it about him like a good 'un to anyone who even comes remotely into his piggy sights like some folk round here if I wanted to be as personal as he is.
Chad

Mick Harper wrote:
We belong to neither brigade.

What is, is what was... unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Climate is changing. Climate has changed many times in the past. All previous changes were due to natural causes.

Do you believe there is overwhelming evidence, that the cause of climate change is unnatural, this time around?

Should we not as AEists weigh the evidence, apply the rules that have been handed down to us and adopt a position, based on our analysis?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Yes, of course. As long as you don't belong to a brigade you can take any position you wish. I think it would be fair to say that AE would reject the 'no climate change' position (even though theoretically it may be the correct one) for the reasons you state but apart from that the field is clear.
Chad

So if after weighing the evidence, you conclude that it’s slightly more likely that the current episode of climate change is unnatural (but the evidence is not overwhelming) AE dictates that you should adopt the default position, i.e. that this episode of climate change is (as per previous episodes) natural.

Correct?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Jump to:  
Page 58 of 61

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in