MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Sweet Track (Megalithic)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keimpe

In: Leeuwarden, Frisia

Mick Harper wrote:
If you look at Michell's book (I think, as far as I remember) you will find an antiquarian map (by Stukeley?) of what Avebury used to look like in the eighteenth century. It resembles a diagram of a woman's uterus with two fallopian tubes running out on either side.

This is Stukeley's Avebury:

And this is the Grotto:

Not exactly duplicates, but still a remarkable 'serpentine' connection.

Also, Michell says the straight lines in the landscape are leylines (like old tracks) (with 'Michael' monuments) and the serpentine like lines (with 'Mary' monuments) are found by dowsing. Where Mary and Michael meet, the 'force' is strongest. Also, combine the two (a straight line and a serpentine one) and you have the famous doctors symbol and also (I'm not sure if Michell noticed this: I found this today when googling for mayday (which yes, is important after all): Maypoles!!

A May 1st ceremony I might add.

This is getting all nice and spooky! There's just too many coincidences to discard anything.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Just a minor interjection. Does anybody know of any 'gates' on the English coastline apart from Margate and Ramsgate?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Not exactly duplicates, but still a remarkable 'serpentine' connection.

No, there's a much better diagram that matches much better somewhere. I would never have made the connection with this map. And by the way, I was the first person in the known universe to spot the connection. Unless somebody else wants to make a claim.

Also, Michell says the straight lines in the landscape are leylines (like old tracks) (with 'Michael' monuments) and the serpentine like lines (with 'Mary' monuments) are found by dowsing.

You've got to remember that Michell was capable of very hippy dippy thinking as well as sublime genius. He was for instance editor of The Cerealogist which took crop circles seriously (I had a big argument with him about that which slightly shook him at the time...or so I thought). I don't believe in dowsing myself (except I wrote an interesting piece about it on Graham Hancock showing what it actually is).

Where Mary and Michael meet, the 'force' is strongest. Also, combine the two (a straight line and a serpentine one) and you have the famous doctors symbol and also (I'm not sure if Michell noticed this: I found this today when googling for mayday (which yes, is important after all): Maypoles!!

I am quite prepared to accept that there might be a more down-to-earth explanation but I don't know what it is. Yet.
Keimpe

Hatty wrote:

A course running from Weston Super-Mare (just south of Bristol) to Margate would be useful.

I played around a little with Margate as starting point for some lines and this one came up:

The two red diamonds are Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor, and the leftern most bit is Lundy Island (which Michell thought was VERY important).

Very very very unfortunately, this line is almost (but not quite) straight. Would've been a blast...
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The two red diamonds are Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor, and the leftern most bit is Lundy Island (which Michell thought was VERY important). Very very very unfortunately, this line is almost (but not quite) straight. Would've been a blast...

I can't tell when the straight line breaks down but there is definitely a 5-12-13 right-angled triangle between Stonehenge, Lundy Island and the Prescelli quarry where the Stonehenge sarsen stones were mined. Keimpe, could you use you straight line technology to see what relationship there is between Goseck and anywhere significant in Britain?
Keimpe

Mick Harper wrote:
Keimpe, could you use you straight line technology to see what relationship there is between Goseck and anywhere significant in Britain?

This is a straight line connecting Goseck through Stonehenge to Lundy island:

It almost (but not quite) touches Glastonbury Tor (it's approximately 2 miles too far north).

It passes some 15 miles below Margate.

But it goes right from the heart of Goseck, right through the heart of Stonehenge to the heart of Lundy island.

Very interesting!
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Keimpe, I am assuming that these lines take into account the curvature of the earth...is that correct? Fifteen miles is clearly not significant but is two miles? However there is no particular reason why either Glastonbury or Margate should be "on the line". The important thing is that Goseck is the 'German Stonehenge' and Lundy Islands is the Stonehenge 5/12/13 triangle (this particular 'perfect right-angled triangle' is all over Stonehenge according to Michell..
Keimpe

Mick Harper wrote:
Keimpe, I am assuming that these lines take into account the curvature of the earth...is that correct?

I wouldn't know. Does anybody else know this?
Keimpe

Mick Harper wrote:
Fifteen miles is clearly not significant but is two miles?

If you can draw an imaginary line from Goseck, through Stonehenge to Lundy that is absolutely dead straight, then yes, I'd reckon two miles is significant.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You have to be a little careful about these things. For instance
a) 'Goseck' on the map might be the town not the stone circle
b) pencil lines tend to be way more than two miles thick.
Keimpe

Sorry, but I tried really hard to get it closer. Even cheating didn't help. It's not on the same straight line.

Doesn't really matter though. It just would have been nice if Glastonbury Tor would have been on this line, because then it would have been on an intersection of the Michael Line and the Goseck line. Now this is simply not the case.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Keimpe wrote:
I wouldn't know. Does anybody else know this?

If you use Google Earth to draw your lines, they will follow the curve of the Earth.
Keimpe

Ishmael wrote:

If you use Google Earth to draw your lines, they will follow the curve of the Earth.

Thanks!

The first negative result is already in:

Goseck -> Stonehenge -> Lundy is definitely not a straight line....
Keimpe

Ish (everyone!),

look what I got when zooming in on Avebury:

Closer up:

Is this a used-to-be crop circle? Or a Google employee-of-the-month joke?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The more interesting question (to an Applied Epistemologist and assuming that it is modern) is how come the cyberairwaves are not buzzing with this new 'Cydonia'. I refuse to believe a dim Frieslander could discover a glory of the English countryside even before the wretch has spent his holiday euros here. Scour the internet everyone!

PS Could somebody reduce the various pix down a bit -- they're playing merry hell with my screen -- and tell Hatty how to do it when transcribing e-mail pix (where a lot of this stuff was first exchanged).
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 25

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in