MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Hatty wrote:
Whose interests should take precedence?

Why, mine of course.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

You will, I am sure, wish to join me in congratulating Britain's Olympic heroes. And a few words too for our Australian members: nyer nyer ne nyer nyer.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Well, we must be getting something right if results are anything to go by...perhaps concerns such as schools selling off playing fields and obese children act as a spur.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

People are already calling Britain the new East Germany.
Hatty
Site Admin

Success breeds a sense of superiority, makes you feel contempt for the losers not founded on reality but you resent being disabused. Don't tell Dan but Reading beat Luton 5-1 last night. Tribalism like nationalism needs self-aggrandisement.
DPCrisp

In: Bedfordshire

Failing sex tests came up twice in Trivial Pursuit the other night. The kids couldn't believe it.

Don't tell Dan but Reading beat Luton 5-1 last night.

I already knew: I follow the cricket avidly. I'm all about pointy balls and rackets.

Not that I consider Luton to be my Home Town.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The new film Mama Mia, with a soundtrack of Abba songs, features "singalong" nights where everybody joins in. Though how they stop the audience from joining in on non-singalong nights is not clear. But anyway, after a hundred years, the cinema has finally discovered audience participation. [No, dear, everybody putting on 3-D glasses does not count as audience participation.]

Surely this changes everything for ever.
DPCrisp

In: Bedfordshire

Did The Rocky Horror Picture Show change everything forever?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Oh yes, I forgot about that one. As you were!
Komorikid

In: Gold Coast, Australia

Mick wrote:
You will, I am sure, wish to join me in congratulating Britain's Olympic heroes. And a few words too for our Australian members: nyer nyer ne nyer nyer.

Yes it's amazing what four times the budget and a healthy dollop of Aussie Sports Technology can do. Brits winning gold medals -- who'd of thunk it.
Komorikid

In: Gold Coast, Australia

But I thought you Brits were only into recreational drugs. Must have been a bargain basement deal on steroids.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I don't have a television receiver myself but cook tells me that there's an exemplary series on UKTV History called Reilly, Ace of Spies. This catchpenny title does no justice to something which is packed with historicity and thoroughly enjoyable to boot. According to cook.
Hatty
Site Admin

For those who have freeview but not cable, the excellent Reilly series can be seen during the day; UK History have a disconcerting cut-off point, from 6 pm onwards it can only be viewed on Sky.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I have just read that there was a special passage from Westminster Underground Station to the Houses of Parliament. I can't find any other reference to it via Google. Does anyone know of this?
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Check out Portcullis House:

The architects, Michael Hopkins and Partners, published their design in 1993 and the existing buildings on the site were demolished in 1994. At the same time, London Underground was building the Jubilee Line Extension, including a new interchange station at Westminster tube station which occupies the same area; the two were thus designed and built as a single unit. Construction began with works to the existing District Line station at sub-basement level..........................There is also an underground passage into the Palace of Westminster.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 301

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in